Vegans Charged With Murder for Allegedly Starving Toddler on Raw Food Diet

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how could the baby die if food was still being fed to it?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Because the food was inadequate to sustain life.
That is what is wrong with this story. Something isn't being reported. A vegan diet, even for a child, is adequate for all nutritional needs.
The child is obviously alive and thriving someplace m
Who said that? The title says that the child died. The attempt is to blame a diet on that death. The science doesn't back the attempt.
Youre a moron who knows nothing about nutrition.

Why vegan diets for babies come with significant risks

Is a Vegan Diet Safe for Children?

First, I don’t automatically trust ANY new story, regardless of the topic. The news stream is inundated with propaganda these days, and propaganda is actually legal now. In my view, the default position should be to NOT automatically believe whatever you’re told, without investigating further.

Secondly, anyone implying that veganism is the culprit is either ignorant or knows better but is counting on YOUR ignorance. A healthy, well-balanced, whole foods, plant-based diet IS absolutely healthy for not only adults but people of all ages, including children and babies. Not only does science back that up but there are tons of people who are living proof of that, including people who are raising their kids as vegans, I know of many of them myself, anyone can follow their daily lives on social media.

I don’t know how many times this has to be stated, but veganism isn’t a diet. There is no one size fits all “vegan diet” because veganism is an ethical position. The DIET that vegans eat is plant-based, but within the category of plant-based, there is a big range or variety of “diets.” It can be anything from a healthy, whole foods plant-based diet rich in nutrients….. to an extremely restrictive raw only diet.....to eating nothing but potato chips all day. So if someone was eating nothing but potato chips all day, that would not be the fault of veganism, as veganism is not a diet, it would be the fault of the idiot who malnourished himself on one thing only.

Lastly, to me it’s so obvious that there is a huge ongoing war against veganism. Why? I think it's for a few reasons. One, the industries that have profited greatly for many years, meat and dairy, consider veganism the enemy, especially as it continues to grow worldwide, despite these scaremongering propaganda stories.

It’s not only the industries though, I think it’s the public as well. I think there are many people who are clearly fearful of veganism, they seem to fear that someone’s going to take away their bacon or steak, etc. As I said to someone on another thread, it reminds me of a dog who is guarding his food when someone comes near it, viciously snarling and growling.

Whenever change is on the horizon, especially with something controversial, there is always intense opposition, resistance, that is to be expected. There are always the hateful people who will go to any lengths to try to discredit a movement, even with BS lies and propaganda.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how could the baby die if food was still being fed to it?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Because the food was inadequate to sustain life.
That is what is wrong with this story. Something isn't being reported. A vegan diet, even for a child, is adequate for all nutritional needs.
The child is obviously alive and thriving someplace m
Who said that? The title says that the child died. The attempt is to blame a diet on that death. The science doesn't back the attempt.
Youre a moron who knows nothing about nutrition.

Why vegan diets for babies come with significant risks

Is a Vegan Diet Safe for Children?

Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics

It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. Plant-based diets are more environmentally sustainable than diets rich in animal products because they use fewer natural resources and are associated with much less environmental damage. Vegetarians and vegans are at reduced risk of certain health conditions, including ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, certain types of cancer, and obesity.

https://jandonline.org/article/S2212...192-3/fulltext

Harvard Medical School

Traditionally, research into vegetarianism focused mainly on potential nutritional deficiencies, but in recent years, the pendulum has swung the other way, and studies are confirming the health benefits of meat-free eating. Nowadays, plant-based eating is recognized as not only nutritionally sufficient but also as a way to reduce the risk for many chronic illnesses.

The Mayo Clinic

A well-planned vegetarian diet can meet the needs of people of all ages, including children, teenagers, and pregnant or breast-feeding women. The key is to be aware of your nutritional needs so that you plan a diet that meets them.

Dietitians of Canada

A healthy vegan diet can meet all your nutrient needs at any stage of life including when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or for older adults.

British Dietetic Association

Well planned vegetarian diets (see context) can be nutritious and healthy. They are associated with lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, certain cancers and lower cholesterol levels. This could be because such diets are lower in saturated fat, contain fewer calories and more fiber and phytonutrients/phytochemicals (these can have protective properties) than non-vegetarian diets. (...) Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of life and have many benefits.

The British National Health Service

With good planning and an understanding of what makes up a healthy, balanced vegan diet, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.

The Dietitians Association of Australia

Vegan diets differ to other vegetarian diets in that no animal products are consumed or used. Despite these restrictions, with good planning it is still possible to obtain all the nutrients required for good health on a vegan diet.

A Florida couple who fed their children only raw fruits and vegetables was charged Wednesday with murder for the death of their 18-month-old son, authorities said.

Ryan Patrick O’Leary, 30, and Sheila O’Leary, 35, were indicted by a Lee County grand jury on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter, child abuse, and two counts of child neglect, State Attorney Amira Fox said at a Wednesday press conference.

Florida Vegans Charged With Murder for Allegedly Starving Toddler on Raw Food Diet
---------------

Just look at the photos of them in the article. Just look at the left wing woman. Nothing more annoying, more arrogant or dumber than a left wing woman. Then look at the schmuck guy she married.

Vegans folks. What losers.

Glad they were indicted for murder.
Do you know the DEFINITION of murder? Do definitions mean anything to you?

Some vegans are weak and fail because they are lacking in some nutrients
And some meat eaters are weak and frail and diseased because they live off McDonalds, chips and diet coke. Take a look at 99% of the kids working at Burger King. THAT is a poor meat eater's diet. Your argument makes no sense. Will you jail ghetto moms who spend their food stamps on nothing but junk food because of their poor diet choices?

dc-Cover-pik8bt9pnvisa02i2sicppcf84-20160414114051-Medi.png

Last edited:

The B-12 crap again. This stuff is too easy. People just need to eat from a large variety of sources. That doesn't mean dead animal flesh is NECESSARY. It is NOT.

Right? It's such an outdated, debunked point. What many people don't realize is that B12 is made by a bacteria found in soil and water, so it is not inherent in animal products, and there's no need to get it from a decaying corpse.

Another thing that many people don't realize is that these days, because of poor soil and chlorinated water, even livestock are injected with B12 supplements. So, when a person is getting their B12 through the flesh they ate, they don't understand they are getting it second-hand. In that case, THEY TOO are getting a supplement, but filtered through the decaying corpse, which is completely unnecessary. Since they're getting it second-hand in many cases, B12 deficiency is not a vegan problem, but a problem for people in general. The best way to make sure you get it, if one is concerned about that, is simply to take a supplement. Or eat foods fortified with B12.

The B-12 crap again. This stuff is too easy. People just need to eat from a large variety of sources. That doesn't mean dead animal flesh is NECESSARY. It is NOT.

Right? It's such an outdated, debunked point. What many people don't realize is that B12 is made by a bacteria found in soil and water, so it is not inherent in animal products, and there's no need to get it from a decaying corpse.

Another thing that many people don't realize is that these days, because of poor soil and chlorinated water, even livestock are injected with B12 supplements. So, when a person is getting their B12 through the flesh they ate, they don't understand they are getting it second-hand. In that case, THEY TOO are getting a supplement, but filtered through the decaying corpse, which is completely unnecessary. Since they're getting it second-hand in many cases, B12 deficiency is not a vegan problem, but a problem for people in general. The best way to make sure you get it, if one is concerned about that, is simply to take a supplement. Or eat foods fortified with B12.

A LITTLE nutritional yeast in a proper recipe is all you need. Goes great in pasta. You can also get it (and everything else) in a cheap multivitamin.

A LITTLE nutritional yeast in a proper recipe is all you need. Goes great in pasta. You can also get it (and everything else) in a cheap multivitamin.

Yep, I use it in a few dishes, including a little on top of pasta (as an alternative to parmesan cheese.) In fact, just the other night I made scalloped potatoes, and I added some nooch to the sauce, and it turned out sooo good. :)

Remember when this stupid, dumb, idiotic, TYPICAL, left wing WOMAN thought premasticated food was healthy for her baby?

Vegans are not healthier.

Period.

Plus, depriving yourself of certain pleasures of life FOR NO GOOD REASON sucks.

The best is how the morons think they are SAVING THE PLANET by being vegans.

In my freaking experience Cruciferous vegetables cause more gas. You idiots.

Pretty sure these veggies cause more gas than any meat and since humans outnumber bovine about 50 to 1......oh never mind. Lefties are impossible idiots.

From the cruciferae family, such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and bok choy, are packed with fiber and raffinose which does cause high gas production, leading to lots of farting or painful bloating.

Remember when this stupid, dumb, idiotic, TYPICAL, left wing WOMAN thought premasticated food was healthy for her baby?

Period.

The best is how the morons think they SAVING THE PLANET by being vegans.

In my freaking experience Cruciferous vegetables
Veggies
cause more gas. You idiots.

From the cruciferae family, such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and bok choy, are packed with fiber and raffinose which does cause high gas production, leading to lots of farting or painful bloating.

Lot of anger there don't you think? Must come with an ignorance of good nutrition.

From the cruciferae family, such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and bok choy, are packed with fiber and raffinose which does cause high gas production, leading to lots of farting or painful bloating
That's because your body isn't used to the NECESSARY fiber. Those symptoms go away when you eat PROPERLY for just a few days

Period.

The best is how the morons think they SAVING THE PLANET by being vegans.

In my freaking experience Cruciferous vegetables
Veggies
cause more gas. You idiots.

Lot of anger there don't you think? Must come with an ignorance of good nutrition.

What ignorance? The left are agreeing with you. They think farting is destroying the planet. You suggesting cruciferous vegetables don't cause more gas in humans? Since humans outnumber bovine at least 50 to 1, which is better for the planet?

Wait, were you saying eating a juicy steak is so unhealthy?

Wrong

Neither is eating fish.

From the cruciferae family, such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and bok choy, are packed with fiber and raffinose which does cause high gas production, leading to lots of farting or painful bloating
That's because your body isn't used to the NECESSARY fiber. Those symptoms go away when you eat PROPERLY for just a few days
Properly? Fuck that. "Properly."

Fuck you and your bullshit diet. To this second I will be the omnivore I am. Our k9 teeth show clearly what we are. Not going to eat like rabbits from on top the food chain.

Sorry.

Vegans are idiots. Get away from me and "eating properly" shit. I know how to eat "properly."

Forum List

Back