Vegans Charged With Murder for Allegedly Starving Toddler on Raw Food Diet

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
A Florida couple who fed their children only raw fruits and vegetables was charged Wednesday with murder for the death of their 18-month-old son, authorities said.

Ryan Patrick O’Leary, 30, and Sheila O’Leary, 35, were indicted by a Lee County grand jury on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter, child abuse, and two counts of child neglect, State Attorney Amira Fox said at a Wednesday press conference.

Florida Vegans Charged With Murder for Allegedly Starving Toddler on Raw Food Diet
---------------

Just look at the photos of them in the article. Just look at the left wing woman. Nothing more annoying, more arrogant or dumber than a left wing woman. Then look at the schmuck guy she married.

Vegans folks. What losers.

A Florida couple who fed their children only raw fruits and vegetables was charged Wednesday with murder for the death of their 18-month-old son, authorities said.

Ryan Patrick O’Leary, 30, and Sheila O’Leary, 35, were indicted by a Lee County grand jury on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter, child abuse, and two counts of child neglect, State Attorney Amira Fox said at a Wednesday press conference.

Florida Vegans Charged With Murder for Allegedly Starving Toddler on Raw Food Diet
---------------

Just look at the photos of them in the article. Just look at the left wing woman. Nothing more annoying, more arrogant or dumber than a left wing woman. Then look at the schmuck guy she married.

These vegans in these days are really dumb. Children has a higher metabolism than an adult athlete. Because they are still growing. They need to eat lots of protein foods like peanut butter and beans, and vegetables and fruits, that is if they are going to be raise up as a vegan. Basically they will need to be grazing all day on food like a cow to keep up with their daily supply of nutrients. In these days, that it is hard to raise a child to be a vegan because of the price of organic produce. And it is not be worth being a vegan if you are eating GMO produces. That it cost more to raise children as vegans than raising them up as organic meat eaters. And Vegans don't consume dairy products which it is a good source for protein and good fats. Without enough protein in the body, that it will cause mental and physical damage. The heart is a muscle, and it needs lots of protein and vitamin B's to keep it pumping. We burns up vitamin B's constantly. That is why at the end of the day, we are very tire. And the food we eat doesn't completely circulate through the body until we are asleep. That is when the nutrients goes where it is needed.

A Vegetarian or Vegan Diet Puts You at Risk of Heart Disease

Chelsea Clinton No Longer Vegetarian, Never a Vegan : Ecorazzi

If a child had the same kind of stomach as a cow no doubt a grazing diet would be beneficial.

If a child had the same kind of stomach as a cow no doubt a grazing diet would be beneficial.
I remember when I was a child. You will not believe how much I ate. For breakfast I ate around 5 to 6 sandwiches with a big Tupperware bowl of cereal. Had a entire box of cereal to myself. And at lunch, we all made and ate 6 sandwiches a piece. And at dinner I made around 6-7 sandwiches from out of my dinner. Like spaghetti sandwiches to meatloaf and whatever we had for dinner. And stayed slender but toned built like an athlete. Not an ounce of fat. They called me billy goat as a child. Because I had ate the most than my brothers and sisters. But they had ate a lot, but not more than I. But now I can't eat that much.

---------------

These vegans in these days are really dumb. Children has a higher metabolism than an adult athlete. Because they are still growing. They need to eat lots of protein foods like peanut butter and beans, and vegetables and fruits, that is if they are going to be raise up as a vegan. Basically they will need to be grazing all day on food like a cow to keep up with their daily supply of nutrients. In these days, that it is hard to raise a child to be a vegan because of the price of organic produce. And it is not be worth being a vegan if you are eating GMO produces. That it cost more to raise children as vegans than raising them up as organic meat eaters. And Vegans don't consume dairy products which it is a good source for protein and good fats. Without enough protein in the body, that it will cause mental and physical damage. The heart is a muscle, and it needs lots of protein and vitamin B's to keep it pumping. We burns up vitamin B's constantly. That is why at the end of the day, we are very tire. And the food we eat doesn't completely circulate through the body until we are asleep. That is when the nutrients goes where it is needed.

Peanut butter, beans, vegetables, and fruits ARE part of a vegan diet.

The risk of heart disease is from sugar, or more specifically, carbohydrates. This is because the American diet has so much refined and processed carbohydrates that our insulin is always on, never allowing the cells to release the stored energy.

There is much more to this story than is being provided. A vegan diet (I am not a fan of the diet as I have insulin resistance) is not an unhealthy diet nor is it a threat to children.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how could the baby die if food was still being fed to it?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Because the food was inadequate to sustain life.
That is what is wrong with this story. Something isn't being reported. A vegan diet, even for a child, is adequate for all nutritional needs.
The child is obviously alive and thriving someplace m
Who said that? The title says that the child died. The attempt is to blame a diet on that death. The science doesn't back the attempt.

---------------

First degree murder is not at all appropriate

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how could the baby die if food was still being fed to it?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Babies need fat and protein.
They get both with a vegan diet. Plants do contain protein, and fats, the good ones, are found in things like olive oils, coconut oils, Avacado oils.

Apparently not sufficient enough.
Which is why we need to ask, what else was going on? A vegan diet is not lethal to children.

That poor little bugger must have been so hungry.

I didn't read the article--can't do it. Here (it's a small rural community) a nurse visits every new parents' home and offers them help and information and they will continue to visit regularly as long as the parents wish it. I wonder if they might have picked up on this nutty couple if there was a program like that in place. The other thing is, they couldn't have been taking the child to the doctor for routine checkups, either, or the doctors would have noticed.

Ironic that the parents probably thought they were doing the safest and healthiest thing for their baby. Yet even those of us who didn't know much about babies when ours were born knew enough to feed them real people food. Benjamin Spock had a whole chapter on it, too, in the parents' Bible, Baby and Child Care.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Babies need fat and protein.
They get both with a vegan diet. Plants do contain protein, and fats, the good ones, are found in things like olive oils, coconut oils, Avacado oils.
Yep. THEIR problems was their understanding of nutrition. The diet wasn't adequate, but veganism isn't the issue, and I'll say again, FIRST DEGREEE MURDER is not a proper charge

---------------

Peanut butter, beans, vegetables, and fruits ARE part of a vegan diet.

The risk of heart disease is from sugar, or more specifically, carbohydrates. This is because the American diet has so much refined and processed carbohydrates that our insulin is always on, never allowing the cells to release the stored energy.

There is much more to this story than is being provided. A vegan diet (I am not a fan of the diet as I have insulin resistance) is not an unhealthy diet nor is it a threat to children.
But vegans must consume a lot of these food items to keep the body functioning properly. Some vegans are weak and fail because they are lacking in some nutrients. We cannot live off of vitamin A alone. We need other nutrients to go with that vitamin A. Or else it will cause hormonal changes in the body, like obesity. Body need to be balance to function properly.

Can You Be Overweight And Malnourished?

Forum List

Back