Vegan Neighbors Offended By The Smell Of Cooking Meat

buttercup and CarlinAnnArbor,.. I know that you both are serious vegans, but I don't think you expect other people to give into your demands as neither one of you are snowflakes, so I want to hear your thoughts about this story.

Iā€™m not saying I think this story is fakeā€¦but my first thought was, why was this even ā€œnewsā€? Iā€™ve been saying this for years, the PTSB have been intentionally pitting groups against each other, and when I saw the article and the inevitable reaction, my thought was 'this seems like more of the same pitting groups against each other.' The why behind that could be a thread of itā€™s own, but the short answer is: it keeps people distracted from much more important things going on in the world, and because their M.O is divide and conquer. Left vs right, black vs white, meat-eaters vs vegans, etc, etc.

As for the story itselfā€¦ well, those vegans should know that this is currently a non-vegan world, something like 75- 80% of the world eats meat, and no one is going to respond well to that sort of approach. So (if this is even a true story) that letter was a bad idea and the wrong way to deal with things.

That said, I can understand the vegan side because even though I grew up eating meat like everyone else and I used to love meatā€¦ about 4 years after I went vegan, one time I actually got nauseous smelling burning flesh. My roommate at the time had her sister and nephew staying in our place for a couple weeks, and while she was there her sister would cook tons of meat (IIRC with no ventilation) and one time I seriously started feeling sick to my stomach. But I didnā€™t say anything, I just stayed in my room until she was done cooking. šŸ˜

ETA: her sister knew I was vegan and she herself was interested in eating a more plantbased diet, so I found out later that she wasn't cooking all that meat because she wanted it, it was because of her son, he's big into eating meat all the time (breakfast, lunch and dinnner) and that's what he wanted to eat.

Last edited:
Wow, this thread is making me want to get some grilled pork chops at Texas Roadhouse right now. :D

Bex7j_HIAAAUCv-.jpg

I don't hunt so that wouldn't work for me and last time I checked you can't buy bear meat at the grocery store.

The internet is a wonderful thing!!!
You can get pretty much any type of meat you want.
Saw the Bearded Butchers grind Kangaroo meat to make burgers with.
It was extremely lean and I would have added some beef or pork fat to the grind.

Well then let me rephrase that,.. I don't think that you would ever give demands for us to follow.
No interest in your little desire to stir the pot with your troll thread. No matter how often you change your name here you're still the childish troll who can't see her own hypocrscy

Well then let me rephrase that,.. I don't think that you would ever give demands for us to follow.
Shall we examine your many anti-homo threads?

Let's try this knowing your demands that homos not offend you with their public displays of affection

You wouldn't make demand of these lovers would would you

download (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Or maybe examine your demands that women who don't agree with you on "reproductive freedom" stop having their right to choose denied.

You would never demand they stop killing their fetus, would you?

Or maybe examine your demands that women who don't agree with you on "reproductive freedom" stop having their right to choose denied.

I gotta ask...
I've been around here for over a decade and I dont even know who you are.
Do you only post in an obscure part of USMB?

If I had the gift from God to give you the brains and sense to make right choices, I would. Sadly I cannot. Until you do I'll always see you as an airhead always looking to stir the pot

No interest in your little desire to stir the pot with your troll thread. No matter how often you change your name here you're still the childish troll who can't see her own hypocrscy

How is this a troll thread?

Shall we examine your many anti-homo threads?

Let's try this knowing your demands that homos not offend you with their public displays of affection

You wouldn't make demand of these lovers would would you

View attachment 784950

I'm only anti-homo when they try pushing their agenda on me or the children.

Abortion is murder plain and simple.

I gotta ask...
I've been around here for over a decade and I dont even know who you are.
Do you only post in an obscure part of USMB?

It's Death Angel.

Forum List

Back