Vaping in the brave, new world.

How about how many who died from homosexuality? Millions died in the aids pandemic, mostly from taking it in the caboose. Yet, that behavior is still being glorified by the media and the liberal elite.

I think you are a little confused. Most people who contracted HIV in the world were straight....

In the US, it was largely a gay disease.. 658,000 people have died in the US, not "Millions" as you've said. Yes, promiscious sex - straight and gay was the problem. So was the blood products industry refusing to test donors and paying drug addicts for donations.

Well, some of the evidence supports you here. Hell, may be how it is, but if you dig just alittle you all find that to a "T" all the people are teenagers who had been vaping weed that got sick. The sqwakers on TV are doing back flips NOT to point that one little detail out. Companies like Juul, Vuse and such are taking all the heat for this when none of their products were used. This was illicit weed vapes that did this. Not mango nicotine water.

I agree, probably most of the deaths have been people who used illegal or modified products.

That still doesn't exempt Juul and the other companies from their culpability of marketing to kids and rushing this product out with no testing.

Now, my brother vapes, it probably saved his life because he had one stroke due to smoking.

Meh, in my experience it was junkies who spread it and had it more. Can't say much for the early years because I was only like 7. Juul Vuse and the like are huge ass companies. They want to make money like a good drug peddler. They ain't going to kill their customers. I agree, way more testing needs to happen with this stuff delivery device included. I point to that small period where big news in vaping was exploding vapes. I use a vape to. Not allot. I pretty much gave it all up. But it's the weed industry that stands to lose here. Big weed is getting the protection that big tobacco used to enjoy.

But it's the weed industry that stands to lose here. Big weed is getting the protection that big tobacco used to enjoy.

Is there really a lot of people engaged in weed-vaping?

Why don't they just smoke grass, like we did back in the day? Why use a stupid looking vaping device?

But it's the weed industry that stands to lose here. Big weed is getting the protection that big tobacco used to enjoy.

Is there really a lot of people engaged in weed-vaping?

Why don't they just smoke grass, like we did back in the day? Why use a stupid looking vaping device?

Yes. Actually, vaping is is way better then smoking the shit. I hate smoking pot. Bleh. You just have to get vapes done by lagit people.

Vaping is just smoking vegetative material is a lower temperature. Vaping liquids is subject to the liquid's strength which may be unknown and could be dangerous. I would not vape anything that is in a pre-packaged liqud. I would vape a Marijuana bud in a glass-vape machine though.

Vaping is just smoking vegetative material is a lower temperature. Vaping liquids is subject to the liquid's strength which may be unknown and could be dangerous. I would not vape anything that is in a pre-packaged liqud. I would vape a Marijuana bud in a glass-vape machine though.

Where does one get those? I have to agree, even the most dank ass pot becomes smokeable with an old school vaperiser. I liked the ones that blow up the little bag.

I think the problem was, these were rushed into the market without a lot of study.

And somewhere along the line, the initial good idea (Let's give smokers something that will help wean them off smoking) became a cash grab (Let's market to kids, get them hooked and create a permanent market for our product.)

Simple enough solution... make vaping "by prescription only"...

The legal ones aren't having the issue.

They came up with a "better" cigarette that removed the issues of combustion products, and now they are bitching again because "the children"

Are we going to go after beer and booze manufacturers next? What about coffee companies?

Exactly. Most Americans thought that Prohibition was a tremendous idea, but 13 years later they reversed themselves.

Actually, spoken like someone who didn't understand the history of prohibition.

Prohibition was never about banning Alcohol, it was about banning Germans. Those, nasty, nasty Germans drinking beer in their beer gardens and taverns! Or do you think it's a conincidence it got ratified around World War I.

When people figured out it wasn't just the Krauts getting their beer taken away, they realized it was a bad idea.

What a skewed version of history. The temperance movement was a thing in the mid 1800's far before the "Hun" became enemy number one.

What got them over the top was the women's vote combined with the general feeling of "we are awesome" following WWI.

What a skewed version of history. The temperance movement was a thing in the mid 1800's far before the "Hun" became enemy number one.

What got them over the top was the women's vote combined with the general feeling of "we are awesome" following WWI.

The Temperance movement was a "thing" in that it was a fringe view in the 1800's. The Prohibition Party's best performance was in 1892, where it got a whopping 2.24% of the vote.

Only after the Prohibition movement associated drinking with the hated Germans in World War I were they able to convince stupid people it was a good idea.

Speaking of stupid, you said that the "women's vote" got them over the top.

Hey, check this out.

18th Amendment was Prohibition, passed in 1919
19th Amendment was Women's Suffrage, passed in 1920...

Um, so women put Prohibition over the top before they could get the right to vote, then? How did that work?

They came up with a "better" cigarette that removed the issues of combustion products, and now they are bitching again because "the children"

Are we going to go after beer and booze manufacturers next? What about coffee companies?

IF the booze companies were marketing to children to get them addicted, damn straight.

Again, it isn't the product, it's the way they are marketed that's the problem. Candy flavored Vapes, who do you think that is marketed towards?

images

The Temperance movement was a "thing" in that it was a fringe view in the 1800's. The Prohibition Party's best performance was in 1892, where it got a whopping 2.24% of the vote.

Only after the Prohibition movement associated drinking with the hated Germans in World War I were they able to convince stupid people it was a good idea.

Speaking of stupid, you said that the "women's vote" got them over the top.

Hey, check this out.

18th Amendment was Prohibition, passed in 1919
19th Amendment was Women's Suffrage, passed in 1920...

Um, so women put Prohibition over the top before they could get the right to vote, then? How did that work?

Women were able to vote in local elections in many states before that, and even for federal elections in a few states.

Women ran the temperance movement.

IF the booze companies were marketing to children to get them addicted, damn straight.

Again, it isn't the product, it's the way they are marketed that's the problem. Candy flavored Vapes, who do you think that is marketed towards?

images

Yes, alcohol companies have the magic ability to advertise only to people over 21.

As local retailers are engaged in the practice of poisoning children with colorfully and attractively packaged vaping products, we should examine the phenomenon with an eye not just toward common sense but common good.

Caveat Emptor or “let the buyer beware” is a principle that’s been bandied about for centuries in courts of law and public opinion. Those of us of Libertarian persuasion resist nanny-state meddling in the affairs of people particularly as it pertains to public commerce where the purchaser is an adult of sound mind and reasonable experience.

No one argues that children are equipped with a sound mind and reasonable experience but only a fool cannot see that they are the targets of a new age addictive scheme to snare users while they are young and vulnerable. The scam of course is that vaping offers a safe alternative to tobacco products delivered into human respiratory systems by direct inhalation.

It doesn’t require a genius IQ to understand that sucking anything other than oxygen mixed with nitrogen into the lungs is abnormal and unnatural for any lifeform existing on this planet. If it were normal and natural to do this then life as we know it would have evolved to do so.

Human greed is a powerful motivator and biblical references stating that “the love of money is the root of all evil” still applies. Lifelong addiction begins early as we know from all the real estate containing the remains of fallen relatives, schoolmates and neighbors whose lives were shortened and ruined by retail addiction.

No doctors are prescribing vaping products to healthy patients as a source of personal enjoyment and free living. Lucky for us most still follow the Hippocratic Oath to do no harm. But local retailers have no such oath-they just say: “caveat emptor”. They’re just trying to make a living; if poisoning your children puts food on their table then so be it-those kids should know better and if they don’t then you are a bad parent.

There is so much greed attached to vaping that we can probably look forward to the day when all cell phones, I Pads, electronic calculators and personal computers will come with vaping attachments so they can be smoked in public and in private.

No wonder they’re trying to make health insurance free for everyone-they know what their brave new world is going to bring us.

Fuck it, leave US alone. Parents who can't control their children are in danger of their children killing themselves. Other people vape responsibly. Sorry, it's a hard truth. This 'vape crisis' is nothing but a bunch of horse shit. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Fuck it, leave US alone. Parents who can't control their children are in danger of their children killing themselves. Other people vape responsibly. Sorry, it's a hard truth. This 'vape crisis' is nothing but a bunch of horse shit. Sorry if I offended anyone.

This kind of shows how brainwashed Republicans are, where they just reflexively defend the greed of big corporations.

Again, the problem here was how they marketed vapes... They didn't market them to smokers, they marketed them to kids.

Women were able to vote in local elections in many states before that, and even for federal elections in a few states.

Women ran the temperance movement.

Which - again, until they started associating it with those scary, scary German Immigrants in their beer gardens, no one had any interest in doing.

The temperance movement was always protestant based. Your fixation on the German thing is odd, but I figure it has to do with one of your various hatreds.

images
Strangely, a lot of adult vapers use them

As local retailers are engaged in the practice of poisoning children with colorfully and attractively packaged vaping products, we should examine the phenomenon with an eye not just toward common sense but common good.

Caveat Emptor or “let the buyer beware” is a principle that’s been bandied about for centuries in courts of law and public opinion. Those of us of Libertarian persuasion resist nanny-state meddling in the affairs of people particularly as it pertains to public commerce where the purchaser is an adult of sound mind and reasonable experience.

No one argues that children are equipped with a sound mind and reasonable experience but only a fool cannot see that they are the targets of a new age addictive scheme to snare users while they are young and vulnerable. The scam of course is that vaping offers a safe alternative to tobacco products delivered into human respiratory systems by direct inhalation.

It doesn’t require a genius IQ to understand that sucking anything other than oxygen mixed with nitrogen into the lungs is abnormal and unnatural for any lifeform existing on this planet. If it were normal and natural to do this then life as we know it would have evolved to do so.

Human greed is a powerful motivator and biblical references stating that “the love of money is the root of all evil” still applies. Lifelong addiction begins early as we know from all the real estate containing the remains of fallen relatives, schoolmates and neighbors whose lives were shortened and ruined by retail addiction.

No doctors are prescribing vaping products to healthy patients as a source of personal enjoyment and free living. Lucky for us most still follow the Hippocratic Oath to do no harm. But local retailers have no such oath-they just say: “caveat emptor”. They’re just trying to make a living; if poisoning your children puts food on their table then so be it-those kids should know better and if they don’t then you are a bad parent.

There is so much greed attached to vaping that we can probably look forward to the day when all cell phones, I Pads, electronic calculators and personal computers will come with vaping attachments so they can be smoked in public and in private.

No wonder they’re trying to make health insurance free for everyone-they know what their brave new world is going to bring us.

I agree

The positives of a safer alternative to smoking outweigh the negatives of a small percentage of vapers having bad reactions

I agree

The positives of a safer alternative to smoking outweigh the negatives of a small percentage of vapers having bad reactions

But is vaping truly a "safer alternative" to smoking cigarettes?

Libs in California think that shitting on public sidewalks is a safe alternative to smoking, even though the typhus, hep and black death that such behavior causes can kill you a lot faster than lung cancer or emphysema.

I agree

Libs in California think that shitting on public sidewalks is a safe alternative to smoking, even though the typhus, hep and black death that such behavior causes can kill you a lot faster than lung cancer or emphysema.
Mostly conservatives still smoke
They still don’t believe cigarettes cause cancer

I agree

Mostly conservatives still smoke
They still don’t believe cigarettes cause cancer

I don't think its that at all.

Its just most conservatives realize the fact that , although smoking may be hazardous to one's health and make give the committed smoker a nasty case of lung cancer and/or emphysema, the alternative of shitting on the sidewalk is much more deadly. They say the Black Death in the middle of the 14th Century killed 1/2 the population in many parts of Europe-and that was before smoking tobacco was introduced to western civilization by the Indians.

Forum List

Back