Vaping in the brave, new world.

Mostly conservatives still smoke
They still don’t believe cigarettes cause cancer

Bullshit^^^^^^
Sad but true

Look at smoking rates in Red States

How about you actually prove your claim? Let's see the stats, let's see the underlying data and how it was collected. I'm betting you can't.

percentage-cigarette-smokers-state.jpg

Bullshit^^^^^^
Sad but true

How about you actually prove your claim? Let's see the stats, let's see the underlying data and how it was collected. I'm betting you can't.

Those percentages are all within statistical error except for CA that generally does not allow smoking in most public accessible buildings. You also did not provide a link or a breakdown of how the data was collected. Your map is also quite date (7 years ago). BTW IHME is primarily funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation

Bullshit^^^^^^
Sad but true

Those percentages are all within statistical error except for CA that generally does not allow smoking in most public accessible buildings. You also did not provide a link or a breakdown of how the data was collected. Your map is also quite date (7 years ago). BTW IHME is primarily funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
OK...if that is how you feel

Your turn. Provide any data that shows smoking is at lower levels in Red States than it is in blue

Bullshit^^^^^^
Sad but true

Your turn. Provide any data that shows smoking is at lower levels in Red States than it is in blue
I never claimed that and frankly don’t give a shit why do you? Besides your map proves nothing and is useless.

Sad but true

I never claimed that and frankly don’t give a shit why do you? Besides your map proves nothing and is useless.
You disclaimed it when I posted

Where is your proof?

Where is your proof?

Proof of what? The map is really not useful without backup information unless, of course, you try to use it to falsely claim it is legit for political propaganda purposes such as claiming red States smoke more which of course would be petty and stupid. I already found it was probably created by left-biased sources. You provided no back up data, how the data was collected, local laws an regulations, etc. But, like I said, I couldn't really care less who smokes or who vapes or how much anyone does it.

Besides, RW what use is it to you trying to point out your so-called 'red states' smoke more unless it's a way to stick another pin in your Trump VooDoo doll.

Last edited:
IMHO, vaping looks stupid, sure. But so do man-buns and men wearing skinny jeans. But those activities aren't illegal, so I can't see where vaping should be. Once these young people grow up and realize how stupid they look, they'll quit

"They'll realize how stupid they look....and quit"......then stick society with BILLIONS in medical care costs.....but as Ray said, that's why they want Socialized medicine...so they don't bear the burden of their poor choices.

And hey bubba....don't compare man buns with blue jeans. Blue jeans have been worn by MEN for ages....not so much Man Buns.
But then...how loose do jeans need to be before they aren't skinny" jeans.

I like jeans cause they're great for a wide variety of MANLY things I do...like rebuilding engines, cutting the grass, changing oil, riding my Harley etc. But I don't want excess fabric gettin caught in the chain.

And I don't like jeans so loose that Rosie O'Donell could slither up my leg while wearing them or the jeans falling down around my ass.

So what the hell is "Skinny" jeans anyway?

Last edited:

[/QUOTE]

Heads up.....

Leftist Commies have a site called "Graph-O-Matic", funded by George Soros which allows them to simply plug in ANY topic and a brief description of the wool they want to pull over their opponents head and it automatically spits out a beautiful, albeit FOS graph perfectly backing their fake talking points.

They're Propaganda Pros....Never trust a graphic or poll posted by a dirty Commie.

Last edited:

Heads up.....

Leftist Commies have a site called "Graph-O-Matic", funded by George Soros which allows them to simply plug in ANY topic and a brief description of the wool they want to pull over their opponents head and it automatically spits out a beautiful, albeit FOS graph perfectly backing their fake talking points.

Never trust a graphic or poll posted by a dirty Commie.[/QUOTE]

Smart call.

The IHME which produced this along with the Social New York Times, is also a marxist controlled outfit funded by noted extremists Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

The idea of this kind of map is to mock Deplorable Americans.

IMHO, vaping looks stupid, sure. But so do man-buns and men wearing skinny jeans. But those activities aren't illegal, so I can't see where vaping should be. Once these young people grow up and realize how stupid they look, they'll quit

"They'll realize how stupid they look....and quit"......then stick society with BILLIONS in medical care costs.....but as Ray said, that's why they want Socialized medicine...so they don't bear the burden of their poor choices.

And hey bubba....don't compare man buns with blue jeans. Blue jeans have been worn by MEN for ages....not so much Man Buns.
But then...how loose do jeans need to be before they aren't skinny" jeans.

I like jeans cause they're great for a wide variety of MANLY things I do...like rebuilding engines, cutting the grass, changing oil, riding my Harley etc. But I don't want excess fabric gettin caught in the chain.

And I don't like jeans so loose that Rosie O'Donell could slither up my leg while wearing them or the jeans falling down around my ass.

So what the hell is "Skinny" jeans anyway?

You ain't no man unless you're suckin' on a filterless Camel.. Or you roll your own.....:113:

The temperance movement was always protestant based. Your fixation on the German thing is odd, but I figure it has to do with one of your various hatreds.

Guy, it was always a fringe movement... that was the point. No one took it seriously until the Protestants used World War I to paint it as 'You know who likes alcohol? THE DAMNED GERMANS!!!" Then people realized that the moral prudes meant their booze, too. When dealing with Al Capone just made matters worse, they repealed the 18th Amendment.

agree

The positives of a safer alternative to smoking outweigh the negatives of a small percentage of vapers having bad reactions

Wouldn't it have been a little better to just test these things a bit more to make sure they weren't dangerous before putting them out in the market?

Where is your proof?

Proof of what? The map is really not useful without backup information unless, of course, you try to use it to falsely claim it is legit for political propaganda purposes such as claiming red States smoke more which of course would be petty and stupid. I already found it was probably created by left-biased sources. You provided no back up data, how the data was collected, local laws an regulations, etc. But, like I said, I couldn't really care less who smokes or who vapes or how much anyone does it.

Besides, RW what use is it to you trying to point out your so-called 'red states' smoke more unless it's a way to stick another pin in your Trump VooDoo doll.
Backup information?
Do you smoke or not?

The temperance movement was always protestant based. Your fixation on the German thing is odd, but I figure it has to do with one of your various hatreds.

Guy, it was always a fringe movement... that was the point. No one took it seriously until the Protestants used World War I to paint it as 'You know who likes alcohol? THE DAMNED GERMANS!!!" Then people realized that the moral prudes meant their booze, too. When dealing with Al Capone just made matters worse, they repealed the 18th Amendment.

agree

The positives of a safer alternative to smoking outweigh the negatives of a small percentage of vapers having bad reactions

Wouldn't it have been a little better to just test these things a bit more to make sure they weren't dangerous before putting them out in the market?
The technology will evolve

People of libertarian mind take a dim view of nanny state attempts to outlaw human nature and steer behavior for the common good. This writer is one of those people. However, there are cases in the human condition where profit from human nature can do great harm. Vaping is one of those cases.

Just a few years ago few even knew what vaping was. Now it is poised to become a massive new industry targeting consumers with the same lifetime addictive hook, nicotine, used by tobacco giants in the US with great success especially since WW2 when cigarettes were included in C Rations. Millions were snared into the chemical slavery of direct, artificial, poison-inhalation and nicotine’s trail of misery and premature death is part of our history.

America’s doctors take a Hippocratic Oath to do no harm, so it is not surprising that the American Medical Association is calling for total ban on all vaping products not approved by the FDA. Medical professionals know that the human respiratory system is not engineered to process anything other than fresh air consisting of Nitrogen and oxygen and chronic, concentrated exposure to toxins and irritants known and unknown are as damaging to human lungs as dumping sugar into a car’s gas tank.

Vaping comes along just in time to rescue the tobacco industry with the fraudulent gimmickry of an electronic gadget scammed onto the public as a health benefit. It’s clear to any reasonable observer that vaping manufacturers are cleverly using colorful packaging, sweet flavors, cannabis magnets and nicotine traps to lure younger users just as the tobacco industry did in the past.

Vaping is neither an alternative nor a panacea to tobacco use; it’s a sneaky, shape-shifting slight of hand to addict new users to nicotine, the real culprit in tobacco smoke. The vaping craze is a win-win-win for the tobacco industry because it will just buy up and buy out the electronic cigarette manufacturers knowing that eventually many nicotine users will eventually forgo vaping and switch to cigarettes to get their fix.

Local merchants selling vaping products will kill your children and grandchildren as they just try to make an honest living. State and local ordinances cannot protect them because the vaping industry uses the same rigged system and lobbying ploys the tobacco industry employed.

People love slow poison and people get rich supplying it.

Darwinist unwritten laws of nature are always in play. There are millions who will willingly line up to take themselves out of the gene pool. Banning is no good-Hollywood and Madison Avenue must intervene to demonstrate the dangerous absurdity of the practice. Instead, chain-smoking sex symbols like the late Patrick Swayze bait new nicotine users to be cool.

Nicotine is the killer.

4171oRMchiL._AC_UL640_QL65_ML3_.jpg

2532651.main_image.jpg

Darwinist unwritten laws of nature are always in play. There are millions who will willingly line up to take themselves out of the gene pool. Banning is no good-Hollywood and Madison Avenue must intervene to demonstrate the dangerous absurdity of the practice. Instead, chain-smoking sex symbols like the late Patrick Swayze bait new nicotine users to be cool.

Nicotine is the killer.

4171oRMchiL._AC_UL640_QL65_ML3_.jpg

2532651.main_image.jpg
He died of pancreatic cancer

People of libertarian mind take a dim view of nanny state attempts to outlaw human nature and steer behavior for the common good. This writer is one of those people. However, there are cases in the human condition where profit from human nature can do great harm. Vaping is one of those cases.

Just a few years ago few even knew what vaping was. Now it is poised to become a massive new industry targeting consumers with the same lifetime addictive hook, nicotine, used by tobacco giants in the US with great success especially since WW2 when cigarettes were included in C Rations. Millions were snared into the chemical slavery of direct, artificial, poison-inhalation and nicotine’s trail of misery and premature death is part of our history.

America’s doctors take a Hippocratic Oath to do no harm, so it is not surprising that the American Medical Association is calling for total ban on all vaping products not approved by the FDA. Medical professionals know that the human respiratory system is not engineered to process anything other than fresh air consisting of Nitrogen and oxygen and chronic, concentrated exposure to toxins and irritants known and unknown are as damaging to human lungs as dumping sugar into a car’s gas tank.

Vaping comes along just in time to rescue the tobacco industry with the fraudulent gimmickry of an electronic gadget scammed onto the public as a health benefit. It’s clear to any reasonable observer that vaping manufacturers are cleverly using colorful packaging, sweet flavors, cannabis magnets and nicotine traps to lure younger users just as the tobacco industry did in the past.

Vaping is neither an alternative nor a panacea to tobacco use; it’s a sneaky, shape-shifting slight of hand to addict new users to nicotine, the real culprit in tobacco smoke. The vaping craze is a win-win-win for the tobacco industry because it will just buy up and buy out the electronic cigarette manufacturers knowing that eventually many nicotine users will eventually forgo vaping and switch to cigarettes to get their fix.

Local merchants selling vaping products will kill your children and grandchildren as they just try to make an honest living. State and local ordinances cannot protect them because the vaping industry uses the same rigged system and lobbying ploys the tobacco industry employed.

People love slow poison and people get rich supplying it.
The Nanny State got cigarette smoking down from almost 50 percent to less than 20 percent

Look what the Nanny State did with seat belt use

Forum List

Back