Vaccine Mandate Precedent: Jacobson v. Massachusetts

OSHA is only in business via the Commerce clause. There are shitload of us that question that even that power.

Demonstrating elegantly that the federal government has the authority regulate safety in businesses.

WHich is exactly what Biden is doing with a vaccine mandate (or testing) for employees in companies over a certain size.

Show us the legislated authority given to OSHA that would allow them to enforce this.

OSHA existence demonstrates the authority of the federal government to regulate safety in businesses within States. Thus, any argument that the federal government lacks such authority is demonstrably false.

Um... I just stopped by to ask:

Has anyone ever heard of the 10th Amendment?

Try it.
We've lost 1 in 500 Americans. Your ilk shit their collective panties for 2 decades on 3000 deaths on 9/1. But you're going to lecture us on being 'terrified' when the death toll is orders and orders of magnitude higher?

I'm going to tell you to eff off. There is nothing you can do to make me to take your jab. I repeat, try it. You won't walk away.

When we're talking about a disease that has killed 1 in 500 Americans, you have a very strong 'General Welfare' argument. Especially when what the government is exercising its authority to do is get people vaccinated to help prevent that disease.

Citing "1 in 500" is a means of instilling fear, ignoring the overall low mortality rate of the disease itself.

Let's do math.

US Population as of now:

Total number of cases in US since the beginning of the Pandemic:

Number of US COVID deaths to date:

Total mortality rate of COVID-19 in the US:

1.61%

Therefore, the chances of recovery from this disease:

98.39%

Percentage Calculator

There is precedent for the federal government requiring vaccines for their employees. So there's no debate on whether or not such authority exists. It verifiable does.

No at all. The precedent is only wrt to the military. The military can order a soldier to jump out an airplane behind enemy lines into machine gun fire. They cannot order a clerk in the AG department in Iowa to do that. The military can put you in . Leavenworth for looking cross ways at your commanding officer.

You've insisted that it doesn't extend to certain classes of employees. There's no precedent that establishes this. Its just you saying it must be so.

Show me the law or court rulings saying that government lacks such authority. As I can show you the government mandating vaccines for employees, demonstrating that authority exists.

Use your common sense here. The distinction between the military and civilian employees is night and day.

LOL Obesity and heart disease kill many more than 1 in 500 in this country. Under your theory of the Constitution, the Federal gvt could put you in prison if you don't lose weight and stop smoking.
I had no idea obesity was contagious! :omg:

Try it.

I'm going to tell you to eff off. There is nothing you can do to make me to take your jab. I repeat, try it. You won't walk away.

Dude, you're like a guy trying to take hostages by pointing the gun at your own head. As the first person you're endangering is yourself.

And the government mandating either weekly tests or vaccinations doesn't compel you to do anything. If you don't want to work at a company that falls under such a mandate, leave.

When we're talking about a disease that has killed 1 in 500 Americans, you have a very strong 'General Welfare' argument. Especially when what the government is exercising its authority to do is get people vaccinated to help prevent that disease.
So there is an activity that kills 1-103, should the General Welfare Clause be used and how would we do it?

Heart Disease kills 1-4 Americans, how do you think the General Welfare Clause would work there? Could the government demand food companies to change to healthier foods, it is doable and would save us from the number one killer in America.

No at all. The precedent is only wrt to the military. The military can order a soldier to jump out an airplane behind enemy lines into machine gun fire. They cannot order a clerk in the AG department in Iowa to do that. The military can put you in . Leavenworth for looking cross ways at your commanding officer.

Use your common sense here. The distinction between the military and civilian employees is night and day.

The precedent exists for government employees. You're insisting that the government lacks the authority to require vaccines of certain classes of employees.......apparently because you say so.

Show the law and precedent that establishes this. As the government's authority to require vaccines of employees has already been indisputably established.

So there is an activity that kills 1-103, should the General Welfare Clause be used and how would we do it?

Heart Disease kills 1-4 Americans, how do you think the General Welfare Clause would work there? Could the government demand food companies to change to healthier foods, it is doable and would save us from the number one killer in America.
Well, there was that mayor of NYC who tried to ban large soft drinks...:lol:

Car accidents aren't airborne and contagious. And the rate of death from COVID has been more than an order of magnitude higher

You may insist that 36,000 deaths in a year represents the same threat to the public as 500,000 in the same time period. But you'll have a hard time convincing a judge of that.

Dead is dead. What difference does is make to your theory of the Constitution?
If there was a vaccine for obesity, and obesity was contagious, that would be relevant.

Forum List

Back