Utah polygamy law unconstitutional federal judge rules

5037d1be80d8c6f83e17a5c7940506864ecdd318c478ca5c064b5581cb3df2e7.jpg

I agree that government should have no role in determining who should marry whom:

No law prohibiting mixed race marriages.
No law prohibiting mixed religions from marrying.
No law prohibiting same sex couples from marrying.

Only logical, therefore, that the number partners to a marriage is not the business of government. Logically, under all the aforegoing, one man could marry several women. Add one or two men to the menagerie if he desired. Similarly, one woman must be allowed to marry as many men as she chooses plus a few women if that floats her boat.

Once we put all that archaic stuff behind us we can move on to deal with situations like the teenage girls who just love their horses. And older couples who love their cats. Why should they be kept from fully embracing them?

Feel the LOVE!

And, of course, NO requirement that any of those marriages involve sexual intercourse. That, for many, is a small part (if any part at all) of marriage.

I could care less what sort of marriage freely consenting adults choose :dunno:

Children, animals and plants don't constitute freely consenting adults...just saying...

Children, animals and plants don't constitute freely consenting adults...just saying...

Exception must be made, of course, in the case of animals and (particularly) plants whose IQ exceeds that of the involved human(s). Suitable evidence might include a Democrat National Committee membership tag (issued to the involved human(s))

Exception must be made, of course, in the case of animals and (particularly) plants whose IQ exceeds that of the involved human(s). Suitable evidence might include a Democrat National Committee membership tag (issued to the involved human(s))

You make a good point there...but hell, are you saying I might not be able to marry my rhodendrum? :( She's a registered Republican afterall....:eusa_shifty:

Utah Polygamy Law Unconstitutional: Federal Judge - Judge basically decriminalizes bigamy

Awesome. I am all for Polygamy. More white babies being produced is a great thing.

Hate to let the facts get in the way of a good story, but what was ruled unconstitutional is the part of the law outlawing cohabitation. Not bigamy/polygamy itself. Just the thing that if married, and living with additional "spouses" even if not legally recognized ones, that'd be illegal as well. In other words, Utah is just the very last state to realize how that's unconstitutional. Least that's my spin on it. :)

Forum List

Back