UT fight song “The Eyes of Texas” is not racist

BLM had zero to do with Texas being mediocre......no matter how use to blaming everything on black folks you may be......
When key team leaders are whining about the fight song instead of studying the playbook its bound to be a distraction

and Herman had no margin for error
Did BLM cause Texas to be mediocre.....yes or no??

Did BLM cause Texas to be 7-6 and 8-5?

But like I said.....if you want to blame it on black folks "whining"

Maybe Texas shouldn't recruit so many "black folks" -- especially when those blacks won't stay in their place and be quiet

You said that, and he answered, now you are just gaslighting.
Biff will keep asking till he gets an answer he likes

A lot of libs, I've noticed, like to keep doing that, until you say something that they can twist into pretending you admitted something.

Even if to do so, they have to pretend that they themselves are so stupid as to be basically retarded.

Some misinformed people in Austin claim that it is

And it has disrupted the U Texas athletic program to the point that it may have cost football coach Tom Herman his job

Wealthy University of Texas at Austin donors are threatening to pull their support of Longhorn athletics over the school’s ties to a song that takes its name from a quote from Confederate General Robert E. Lee which was first played at minstrel shows.

Thing is, the donors aren’t calling on the school to scrap the song; they want to keep it.
:auiqs.jpg: Tom lost his job because he lost football games-duh. Not because of a stupid song.

A lot of libs, I've noticed, like to keep doing that, until you say something that they can twist into pretending you admitted something.

Even if to do so, they have to pretend that they themselves are so stupid as to be basically retarded.
Biff cant take yes for an answer

I agreed with him that Herman was on the hotseat going into 2020 because Texas was clearly 2nd best to Oklahoma.

But disgruntled black players were the headlines leading up to the first game and Texas got off to a slow start on the season again

Again......BLM had zero to do with any of this...

if you are so desperate for a black guy to blame -- blame the UT Professor who was the one most prominent for bringing this critique of the fight song back to light....

edmund_t_gordon_awarded_2013_presidential_citation.png

"Few would say those lyrics are racist, but UT Professor Dr. Edmond Gordan explained the nodes of racism won't be found in the "The Eyes of Texas" lyrics but in the song’s past."

Gordan said "The Eyes of Texas" was originally a satirical song once performed at minstrel shows, which are comedic variety shows featuring white performers in blackface."
EvaA-CMXEAQtP3S.png

Simply blaming everything on BLM every time there is a rebuke of your racist fueled nostalgia is just what I said it is -- you just wanting to blame shit on your black boogeyman........

If Texas had this conversation years ago; instead of just expecting black folks to be quiet and know their place all the time; there wouldn't be the controversy there is now......

Rickey Williams said it best.....

"I think it's important to understand our history and to understand where the song came from, but I think it's more powerful to transform the meaning of the song and the definition of the song."

But you can't arrive at that point until you are honest about it first....

if you are so desperate for a black guy to blame -- blame the UT Professor who was the one most prominent for bringing this critique of the fight song back to light....

View attachment 466453

"Few would say those lyrics are racist, but UT Professor Dr. Edmond Gordan explained the nodes of racism won't be found in the "The Eyes of Texas" lyrics but in the song’s past."

Gordan said "The Eyes of Texas" was originally a satirical song once performed at minstrel shows, which are comedic variety shows featuring white performers in blackface."
View attachment 466452

Simply blaming everything on BLM every time there is a rebuke of your racist fueled nostalgia is just what I said it is -- you just wanting to blame shit on your black boogeyman........

If Texas had this conversation years ago; instead of just expecting black folks to be quiet and know their place all the time; there wouldn't be the controversy there is now......

"I think it's important to understand our history and to understand where the song came from, but I think it's more powerful to transform the meaning of the song and the definition of the song."

Stupid people looking for an excuse to be offended. As the are black lumping them in with BLM, the flag carrier for that mindset right how, seems reasonable.

Many of them are white of course. And equally stupid.

Big deal

its not news that there are many guilt-ridden white liberal fellow travelers in the Black Lies Matter movement

Obama and his brown shirt army of BLM wackos created the toxic environment where uninformed black players were traumatized over the Texas fight song
So even when I show you the person who brought this back to light; you still want to have a hissy fit like a bitch and blame it on BLM...cool..

Can you show me which "BLM" office is responsible??

Can you show me anything Obama did as it relates to this song? Did he order players to not play football games??

Like I said.....I know what's behind your hissy fit....and its your sense of "LOSING A PRIVILEGE" you felt entitled to....until those meddling n*ggrs came along

Big deal

its not news that there are many guilt-ridden white liberal fellow travelers in the Black Lies Matter movement
The professor is black...but cool.......you can blame this on white liberals then...........

But you still have yet to show me how BLM is responsible......

View attachment 466453

View attachment 466452

1615472200814.png

so blackface is your problem when black women wear blond wigs?

hum

Big deal

The professor is black...but cool.......you can blame this on white liberals then...........

But you still have yet to show me how BLM is responsible......

I think that the professor is so light skinned that he missed that he is "black".

And it's irrelevant. His point about blm and the impact of it's message on the team is valid.

Address it. Cease being a coward.

It's going to be funny when all you fuckers start killing each other over this shit again ... :thup:

Some misinformed people in Austin claim that it is

And it has disrupted the U Texas athletic program to the point that it may have cost football coach Tom Herman his job

Wealthy University of Texas at Austin donors are threatening to pull their support of Longhorn athletics over the school’s ties to a song that takes its name from a quote from Confederate General Robert E. Lee which was first played at minstrel shows.

Thing is, the donors aren’t calling on the school to scrap the song; they want to keep it.
The song is racist because FUCK THE GODDAMN LONGHORNS!!!

I think that the professor is so light skinned that he missed that he is "black".
Thats not the black professor either

The actual SJW is pretty dark skinned

but there are plenty of white libs at UT would agree with him

Last edited:
Thats not the black professor either

The actual SJW is pretty dark skinned

besides there are plenty of white libs at UT would agree with him

YEah, whatever.

Your point about blm's message causing dissent in the team, is valid.

Forum List

Back