UT fight song “The Eyes of Texas” is not racist

Who forced Texas to put black players on the team?
Does it matter who forced the change?

but to answer your question it was fair-minded white people

The LSU Fighting Tigers and our Fight Song are safe for the time being.
They are about killing white people ... :thup:

They are about when Jackson and his militia slaughtered thousands of British regulars in the Battle of New Orleans.
Those cheeky bastards burned the White House and a good portion of Washington DC, and were stupid enough to think attacking New Orleans was a good idea.

At least that song is about LSU, lol

It's never been the same for me since Ole Miss banned Dixie. Something about the band marching from one end zone to the other blaring away along with the alumni band, and us signing along.

Actually, the LSU nickname "Tigers" is rooted in the Confederacy. Confederate soldiers had different nicknames depending on which CSA state they were from:

Arkansas - "Toothpicks" (the knives they carried)
Alabama - "Yellow Hammers" (a native Alabama woodpecker)
Georgia - "Goober Grabbers" (peanut farmers)
Florida - Gofers (they would pop up and attack, then go back down in their hole [back to Florida])
Kentucky - "Corn Crackers" (corn was dominant crop, and used for bourbon whiskey)
Louisiana - "Tigers" (because they fought like tigers)
Mississippi - Sand Lappers :dunno: (may e a reference to the river)
Missouri - "Border Ruffians (think of Josey Wales)
North Carolina - "Tarheels" (they would not retreat in battle-they had 'tarred their heels' and that made them stick to the ground--see UNC nickname)
South Carolina - "Rice Birds" (rice was the dominant SC crop, rather than cotton)
Tennessee -"Hog Drovers" :auiqs.jpg:
Texas -"Cowboys"

In the SEC, we sometimes refer to each other by those old nicknames while shit talking...especially in reference to Vandy or UT. :laughing0301:

It's not the 'Tigers' to start with ... It's the "Fighting Tigers' which is what Jackson's troops were called in the Civil War as well.
It refers to when asked about Jackson and his troops, another commander referred to them as 'as tenacious as a Fighting Tiger'.

BLM had zero to do with Texas being mediocre......no matter how use to blaming everything on black folks you may be......
When key team leaders are whining about the fight song instead of studying the playbook its bound to be a distraction

and Herman had no margin for error
Did BLM cause Texas to be mediocre.....yes or no??

Did BLM cause Texas to be 7-6 and 8-5?

But like I said.....if you want to blame it on black folks "whining"

Maybe Texas shouldn't recruit so many "black folks" -- especially when those blacks won't stay in their place and be quiet
I'll tell you where whining is going to exact a price. That Oklahoma State RB, Chubba Hubbart, who put the ultimatum on his coach, Gundy, for wearing an OAN tee shirt definitely lost a lot of money for being so full of himself. He had an average year and I seriously doubt that NFL teams will throw very much money at a slightly above average running back with a bad attitude.

Actually, the LSU nickname "Tigers" is rooted in the Confederacy. Confederate soldiers had different nicknames depending on which CSA state they were from:

Florida - Gofers (they would pop up and attack, then go back down in their hole [back to Florida])
Kentucky - "Corn Crackers" (corn was dominant crop, and used for bourbon whiskey)
North Carolina - "Tarheels" (they would not retreat in battle-they had 'tarred their heels' and that made them stick to the ground--see UNC nickname)
South Carolina - "Rice Birds" (rice was the dominant SC crop, rather than cotton)
Texas -"Cowboys"

In the SEC, we sometimes refer to each other by those old nicknames while shit talking...especially in reference to Vandy or UT. :laughing0301:

It's not the 'Tigers' to start with ... It's the "Fighting Tigers' which is what Jackson's troops were called in the Civil War as well.
It refers to when asked about Jackson and his troops, another commander referred to them as 'as tenacious as a Fighting Tiger'.

I corrected it.
:beer:

Texas -"Cowboys"

If you say so. LOL

It's not been the same for me since we had to stop the Dixie

If you say so. LOL

It's not been the same for me since we had to stop the Dixie

What you clipped from Bing, isn't necessarily where it came from.
More like glad-handing, and trying to put lace on a bowling ball.

Part of learning from history comes from knowing it ... Instead of trying to sweep it under the rug.

Ole Miss ... I get it ... You cannot dress that pig up for the dance.
No offense ... I understand.

Last edited:
I corrected it.
:beer:

It's all good ... And just crap I know from history class, before they turned it into multicultural studies.
America has some dark chapters in it's history, and Yankees found out about the Fighting Tigers at Manassas ... Twice.

What's the racial and/or cultural and historical background on........ "Neck"?

:laughing0301:

Last edited:
Burrow-Neck.gif

:laughing0301:

Quinn Ewers freshman QB named starter

Ewers has 5-Star ++ throwing arm

But he lacks experience

Forum List

Back