The greatest social experiment that really was the cause of the downfall of big cities.

Hang on Sloopy

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2015
I know most of the experts on busing here will know more about it from Google than people who saw it. That is a given

Busing. This is probably the main reason why decent cities were turned to a nightmare.

Imagine busing a black child 40 miles away to a white school, who is terrified beyond belief, with all those white smiling faces. Mind you this was 50 yrs ago.

Imagine a white child bused 40 miles away to an inner city school, who is terrified beyond belief, with all those black smiling faces.

Imagine within a few years the newly minted crap holes lost so many of its brains, income, and young families to other lands of hope.

Imagine the schools systems crumbling as this proceeds on. Imagine the school boards changing curriculum to dumb down the kids in order to cover up their own failures. To teach them victimhood and confusion. Wanting them to be ordinary drones with no hope.

Busing is never really talked about. Why??? One of the worst aspects of The Great Society that is so shameful to them.

Never took responsibility or cared about shame though. Well we tried anyway is the dumb excuse for ruining this country.

What do you think about busing as it happened or if you are a Google University Master on everything imaginable, especially things before being born...Lol

I know most of the experts on busing here will know more about it from Google than people who saw it. That is a given

Busing. This is probably the main reason why decent cities were turned to a nightmare.

Imagine busing a black child 40 miles away to a white school, who is terrified beyond belief, with all those white smiling faces. Mind you this was 50 yrs ago.

Imagine a white child bused 40 miles away to an inner city school, who is terrified beyond belief, with all those black smiling faces.

Imagine within a few years the newly minted crap holes lost so many of its brains, income, and young families to other lands of hope.

Imagine the schools systems crumbling as this proceeds on. Imagine the school boards changing curriculum to dumb down the kids in order to cover up their own failures. To teach them victimhood and confusion. Wanting them to be ordinary drones with no hope.

Busing is never really talked about. Why??? One of the worst aspects of The Great Society that is so shameful to them.

Never took responsibility or cared about shame though. Well we tried anyway is the dumb excuse for ruining this country.

What do you think about busing as it happened or if you are a Google University Master on everything imaginable, especially things before being born...Lol
Our cities went to shit when bush crashed the economy and all those high paying union jobs went overseas.

And when republican passed laws that said corporations don’t have to pay taxes.

And when illegal employers stopped hiring Americans.

I was one of the first white victims in kc bused to a black school back in 79 and let me tell you it was a nightmare,,,

• Banned

Our cities went to shit when bush crashed the economy and all those high paying union jobs went overseas.

I would be banned for 5 days using the S word.

I'll gladly talk about that as we proceed.

But let's start with circa 1970 and move forward. You weren't alive then right Googlemeister?

• Banned

I was one of the first white victims in kc bused to a black school back in 79 and let me tell you it was a nightmare,,,
Well hunkey dorey doo. A man who lived, breathed, and pooped it......LOL

Watch the Googlemeisters know more...lol

I went to an all black school too. Me, my bro and a kid name Kenneth. Kenneth moved and for about a year it was just me and my bro. It was horrible. Glad we left in 4th grade. Howard stern talks about the beatings he got going to an all black school too.

I would be banned for 5 days using the S word.

I'll gladly talk about that as we proceed.

But let's start with circa 1970 and move forward. You weren't alive then right Googlemeister?
I was born in 1970

Well hunkey dorey doo. A man who lived, breathed, and pooped it......LOL

Watch the Googlemeisters know more...lol
I experienced white flight

Our cities went to shit when bush crashed the economy ....

You mean Barney Frank, of course.

Okay, that was decades ago and people had mostly negative experiences, as far as I can assume. What should be done today based on those events?

Whoa!

What a hot potato!

Here in Los Angeles, a certain group of traditionally liberal people fought for busing.

They got their wish.

Boy! Were they disappointed by the results.

What did they do?

They removed their kids from the public schools and started their own private schools.

In 2021, those private schools are flourishing, and most of their graduates attend elite universities.

Whoa!

What a hot potato!

Here in Los Angeles, a certain group of traditionally liberal people fought for busing.

They got their wish.

Boy! Were they disappointed by the results.

What did they do?

They removed their kids from the public schools and started their own private schools.

In 2021, those private schools are flourishing, and most of their graduates attend elite universities.
I have a mixed feeling about this project. Obviously, it had flaws. But from another point of view, there were a significant number of schools in black neighborhoods which were underfinanced, understaffed and their level, as well as the level of pupils, was quite law.

The Black community after generations of discrimination needed to be 'socialized', 'integrated' to the American society. How else it could be achieved in the school life.

Busing was within individual city school districts so 40 miles was really more like 8 or 10 miles to another part of the city. But yeah it was an epic failure. Progs still try this although they don't call it busing. Now, in places like NYC, they have set asides for high performing schools that they have to have X amount Blacks or Hispanics...because Asisans and whites are over represented.

However the downfall of big cities was always going to happen. The invention of the interstate highway system and then the suburb, which provided affordable larger homes with greenspace/a back yard/garage, and easy access around the metro areas was too appealing to pass up. Although it started with smaller homes "Leavittown, by the 70's the 2 story, 4 BR, 2 1/2 Bath, 2 car Garage suburban house was a bargain.

Forum List

Back