USS John McCain hidden while Trump was in Japan

Does this look like a welding curtain?

0.jpg

White House Wanted USS McCain Moved for Trump, Officials Say

Asked if he would do an investigation, he said, "I need to find out a little bit more - just had the first glimpse of it this morning."

The Wall Street Journal reported that a tarp was placed over the USS John S. McCain's name before Trump's arrival, according to photos it reviewed, and that sailors were instructed to remove any coverings from the ship that included its name.

U.S. Navy Cdr. Clay Doss, spokesman for U.S. 7th Fleet, told the AP that the tarp was on the ship on Friday but was removed by Saturday morning, the day Trump arrived. "All ships remained in normal configuration during the President's visit," he said.

Two U.S. officials told the AP that all the ships in the harbor were lined up for Trump's visit, and they were visible from the USS Wasp. The officials said, however, that most of their names probably could not be seen since they were side by side but that the name of the USS John S. McCain could be seen from the pier.

Asked if the tarp was meant to block Trump's view of the ship, the officials said the tarp had been placed on the ship for maintenance and removed for the visit.

Rear Adm. Charlie Brown, Navy public affairs officer, tweeted Wednesday night: "The name of USS John S. McCain was not obscured during the POTUS visit to Yokosuka on Memorial Day. The Navy is proud of that ship, its crew, its namesake and its heritage."

Two U.S. officials said a paint barge was in front of the USS John S. McCain on Saturday morning when 7th Fleet officials walked the pier to see how everything looked for the visit. The barge was then ordered to be moved and was gone by the time Trump arrived, the officials said.

The Journal reported, based on people familiar with the matter, that sailors on the USS John S. McCain, who usually wear hats with the ship's name on it, were given the day off when Trump visited.

Two U.S. officials told the AP that sailors on the USS John S. McCain were not told to stay away but that many were away for the long weekend. The officials also said that about 800 sailors from more than 20 ships and Navy commands were on the USS Wasp during the president's visit, and all wore the same Navy hat that has no logo, rather than wearing individual ship or command hats.

Sooo.........disprove the Navy response on the Paint Barge was removed prior to his arrival...........They were PAINTING the AFT END OF THE SHIP..........

The ship was not facing the same way because it was the Starboard side damaged in the collision in the last summer.........and it's not hard to imagine that such a collision would have caused stress cracks in welds found by X-ray at a later date requiring repair...............So..........they were painting the STERN ...........using a barge..........

AND THAT BARGE was removed....and the TARP........before the President arrived..............

PROVE TO ME THAT TARP WAS UP THE DAY OF THE EVENT.

Sooo.........disprove the Navy response on the Paint Barge was removed prior to his arrival...........They were PAINTING the AFT END OF THE SHIP..........

The ship was not facing the same way because it was the Starboard side damaged in the collision in the last summer.........and it's not hard to imagine that such a collision would have caused stress cracks in welds found by X-ray at a later date requiring repair...............So..........they were painting the STERN ...........using a barge..........

AND THAT BARGE was removed....and the TARP........before the President arrived..............

The Navy can make its life easier

Just produce a record of the maintenance being performed on the aft end of the McCain
Show the email sent to the McCain inviting sailors to attend the speech
Show some sailors from the McCain who say....WTF? I was at the Trump speech

Just produce a record of the maintenance being performed on the aft end of the McCain
The Washington Compost, CNN, and MSNBC can make this easy. Show valid pictures of the Tarp on the day of event VERIFIABLE........According to the 7th Fleet it was NOT THERE on the day of the event.

Furthermore...........Show me the gangway pictures from the pier to the USS McCain on the day of the event. They put up name tarps on the gangway to the pier. On that it names the ship, which would be seen by anyone on the pier or across the bay for that matter.

Riddle me this. The Washington Compost says the email is from the Navy.

1. How did the Washington Compost obtain that email? That would be a CONFIDENTIAL email for 7th FLEET procedures and guidelines.
2. Where is the VERIFICATION of the EMAIL?
3. If it is CONFIDENTIAL, then WHO RELEASED IT TO THE MEDIA??? If someone in the NAVY did this.......IF ......IF.....IF.........IF......it's True......then they are releasing information to the Media that can BE CHARGED via UNDER the USMJ for it.........Captain's Mast........Admirals Mast......and/or COURT MARTIAL.

The LEFT is fond of LEAKS......Real or IMAGINARY........The Washington Compost among others have been Lying their little Asses off for years now with UNVERIFIED stories..............they HAVE NO CREDIBILITY ANYMORE.

This is another TYPICAL post of LEFT WINGERS .............Make ACCUSATIONS...........Don't PROVE IT..............then DEMAND those ACCUSED TO PROVE THEIR INNOCENCE...................

In this country...........Proven til found guilty..............the LEFT has made a MOCKERY OF THIS STATEMENT.

The Washington Compost, CNN, and MSNBC can make this easy. Show valid pictures of the Tarp on the day of event VERIFIABLE........According to the 7th Fleet it was NOT THERE on the day of the event.

Furthermore...........Show me the gangway pictures from the pier to the USS McCain on the day of the event. They put up name tarps on the gangway to the pier. On that it names the ship, which would be seen by anyone on the pier or across the bay for that matter.

1. How did the Washington Compost obtain that email? That would be a CONFIDENTIAL email for 7th FLEET procedures and guidelines.
3. If it is CONFIDENTIAL, then WHO RELEASED IT TO THE MEDIA??? If someone in the NAVY did this.......IF ......IF.....IF.........IF......it's True......then they are releasing information to the Media that can BE CHARGED via UNDER the USMJ for it.........Captain's Mast........Admirals Mast......and/or COURT MARTIAL.

The LEFT is fond of LEAKS......Real or IMAGINARY........The Washington Compost among others have been Lying their little Asses off for years now with UNVERIFIED stories..............they HAVE NO CREDIBILITY ANYMORE.

This is another TYPICAL post of LEFT WINGERS .............Make ACCUSATIONS...........Don't PROVE IT..............then DEMAND those ACCUSED TO PROVE THEIR INNOCENCE...................

In this country...........Proven til found guilty..............the LEFT has made a MOCKERY OF THIS STATEMENT.
Nobody is questioning the tarp and maintenance barge were removed prior to the event

The question is......did the Navy initially comply with the directive to keep the McCain out of sight?

The email has been confirmed by all parties

You know, there were several times in my career as a young sailor that I was called to stand Fire Watch. That is where someone is doing some hot work such as welding or using a torch, and you have to have people on the other side of the work, standing by with a fire extinguisher to put out fires if they happened.

Not once did I see the HT's use a tarp.

How long ago was that? Current construction practice is to use welding blinds or tarps to stop someone from being flashed.

I retired back in 2002, but if you want to see what the fire watch procedures currently are for the U.S. Navy, here's a link. Nothing in it about tarps.

https://www.navsea.navy.mil/Portals/103/Documents/SSRAC/NSI/FY15/009-35_FY15.pdf
I did 10 years in the Navy...........Then I have been in the Construction field for decades plus............we use blinds when welding all the dang time. It is an OSHA requirement...........in many cases. They build scaffolding huts for welding as a practice.............AGAIN........All the time.......Now that I know welding was going on it is not hard to figure that they used a blind on it for welding the deck.

So I call this was to cover the name up another TDS moment as usual.
Why put a tarp over the name of the ship.

What were you welding?
According to the discussion welding on the deck was happening on that ship. Welding curtains and/or Welding screens are commonly used when there are average people nearby so they don't look at the arc.

So.........lets have a party on a ship.....invite civilians to watch them weld..........and for extra fun stare at the sun for 2 hours so we can be like Ray Charles after...........

:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

Dude..............."average people" as you call them don't spend their time hanging around the waterfront on a military base.

Are you SURE that e-mail would have been considered classified? I worked in the personnel office for over 20 years in the Navy, and I can tell you that at least half of the message traffic we got in concerning basic operations were all marked unclassified.

Are you SURE that e-mail would have been considered classified? I worked in the personnel office for over 20 years in the Navy, and I can tell you that at least half of the message traffic we got in concerning basic operations were all marked unclassified.
An invitation to witness a Presidential speech would be classified?

It is routine message traffic. Why doesn’t the Navy just release it and show that the crew of the McCain was on the invite?

It is routine message traffic. Why doesn’t the Navy just release it and show that the crew of the McCain was on the invite?

Exactly. All that message did was tell the commands on base that the president was going to be giving a speech. Unfortunately, the crew of the MCCAIN weren't put on the list. However, knowing bases like I do, there would have been several people asking their friends on the MCCAIN if they were going to go, which is probably how the crew heard about it.

And, when some heard about it, they decided to go, but were stopped from attending because they had on command ball caps with MCCAIN's name on it.

You're right. If there was no scandal about this, why is the Navy trying to come up with excuse after excuse? And yeah, the missive telling about Trump's visit would have been unclassified.

How long ago was that? Current construction practice is to use welding blinds or tarps to stop someone from being flashed.

I retired back in 2002, but if you want to see what the fire watch procedures currently are for the U.S. Navy, here's a link. Nothing in it about tarps.

https://www.navsea.navy.mil/Portals/103/Documents/SSRAC/NSI/FY15/009-35_FY15.pdf
I did 10 years in the Navy...........Then I have been in the Construction field for decades plus............we use blinds when welding all the dang time. It is an OSHA requirement...........in many cases. They build scaffolding huts for welding as a practice.............AGAIN........All the time.......Now that I know welding was going on it is not hard to figure that they used a blind on it for welding the deck.

So I call this was to cover the name up another TDS moment as usual.
Why put a tarp over the name of the ship.

What were you welding?
According to the discussion welding on the deck was happening on that ship. Welding curtains and/or Welding screens are commonly used when there are average people nearby so they don't look at the arc.

So.........lets have a party on a ship.....invite civilians to watch them weld..........and for extra fun stare at the sun for 2 hours so we can be like Ray Charles after...........

:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

Dude..............."average people" as you call them don't spend their time hanging around the waterfront on a military base.
Dude..........A President is about to visit........average people show up. LOL

Riddle me this...........painting the stern through a tarp..........hmmm.......tell me about a painting barge..........

It's a barge with a scaffold on it........they then ...........omfg ...........paint........The dang tarp was probably used for shade on the scaffolding.......

People are making something out of nothing.

And dummies exist in the Navy as well...........regarding welding.......Not all that serve are the sharpest tool in the shed.

A Presidential visit isn't your standard email. The Secret Service goes in advance of wherever he goes.............I would imagine that these emails were Confidential.........I didn't say Classified...........big difference.

Either way............Official emails shouldn't be open to the Washington Compost.

Exactly. All that message did was tell the commands on base that the president was going to be giving a speech. Unfortunately, the crew of the MCCAIN weren't put on the list. However, knowing bases like I do, there would have been several people asking their friends on the MCCAIN if they were going to go, which is probably how the crew heard about it.

And, when some heard about it, they decided to go, but were stopped from attending because they had on command ball caps with MCCAIN's name on it.

You're right. If there was no scandal about this, why is the Navy trying to come up with excuse after excuse? And yeah, the missive telling about Trump's visit would have been unclassified.
7th Fleet information I already posted said that those attending didn't wear Hats with ships name on it. Was just standard Navy hats.

In regards to excuse after excuse...........when accused they respond.............The email confirmed yet? Not beyond the news to make shit up anymore.

Now show me video of the day of the event of the gangway to the pier from the McCain.............If they were trying to hide anything then that Name tarp on that gangway would not have been there. Why........because they have the ships name and hull # on it.

It is not beyond the Navy brass to be stupid about this stuff...........seen it personally while I was in ..........Columbia.....we went to a village to do work on a school with the ships chaplain.........painted, repaired, but in desks.......installed a toilet....LOL...........when it was done we went back to the ship where the Top brass was having a party with Columbian officials........we were ordered to not be seen when coming back onboard the ship.......because ......omfg....we were dirty............Then to top it off.....couldn't get a boat to shore after cleaning up.........Hadn't eaten all freaking day and of course the galley was closed......while the Brass partied.............I had Ramen noodles in my bunk........ate that and crashed because I wasn't on duty.

So........I know how freaking stupid they can get when they COUNT BEANS.

Forum List

Back