USMB Sports Bar

NBA started last night, Rondo looked amazing. Boston would be dumb to trade him.

Rondo leading the league with 11 assists per night. I think that after the under-rated Tony Parker, he is the best PG in the league.

He does so many things well and he makes stiffs like Tyler Zeller and Olynk actually look good, and he has proven he has the pedigree to go to war for championships if need be. Trading him would be the dumbest thing we have done since the Perkins trade.

Perk said that Rondo should stay. And Ainge seems to be singing a different tune. Words and egos aside, it'll probably depends on if the C's want to give him a mulit-year max contract or not.

Rondo is the only legit star we have, if we trade him we will literally be starting from scratch, this process will take 10 years. We will be like the 76ers, just a god awful basketball team. Trading Rondo from this team not only hurts the numbers but you are trading away the championship experience and veteran leadership, I don't think you can put a price on how much thats worth.

Rondo shooting 30 percent from FTs. Not sure why the guy hasn't figured out how to shoot. You'd think he would've learned during his injury time, too.

I honestly don't know, he worked with Mark Price a few years ago too. Besides the shooting he does everything else masterfully, if we can get a star to Boston we will be set the East is wide open.

Patriots kicked some fish tails today! 41-13 final.
emoticons-bluekitty-yay.gif
I think that's 6 in a row now. Now what, haters? ;)

The Eagles will come back and beat Dallas!

I haven't looked at the standings lately. But if the Packers get home field, they'll crush Dallas at Lambeau. They'd have a good chance against Philly too. Seahawks with home field have to be the favorites. Saints can beat anyone on any given week though.

Rondo is gone. That sucks. I would have liked to see him be a Celtic for life and become an even bigger part of their folklore. On top of that, the C's are just unwatchable now. Mavs will be dangerous now. But I don't know how good Monta Ellis can be without the ball.

Sources Celtics deal Rajon Rondo to Mavs - Yahoo Sports

The worst part is Ainge basically gave Rondo away like a Christmas present, this has set Boston back 10 years. All that championship experience and veteran leadership is gone now, we basically just have a team of rookies and young players with a second year coach and no all stars in sight. Rondo actually wanted to stay in Boston, its not often that we get a star player that wants to stay but everytime we do Ainge trades them or doesn't give them an extension. The way this was handled was just hideous, we are now the new 76ers of the NBA and we will not be relevant again until 10 years. I hope Ainge is happy.

I think the Celtics will do okay, they are rebuilding and have a lot of missing pieces, they are getting draft choices for the future. I think the Celtics have more of an upside in the next couple years than the Lakers, they have Kobe and no future until his contract is gone.

I think the Celtics will do okay, they are rebuilding and have a lot of missing pieces, they are getting draft choices for the future. I think the Celtics have more of an upside in the next couple years than the Lakers, they have Kobe and no future until his contract is gone.

Boston has alot of picks yes but the players getting drafted these days take years to develop, Wiggins is only averaging 12 PPG and looks like he will need at least 2 years to develop. Anthony Davis is just finally breaking out this season and he was drafted in 2012. Anthony Bennett was drafted Number 1 last year and he is total garbage, worst number 1 pick in history. Damian Lillard came in playing like an all star right away but that is extremely rare. There are no Shaquille O'Neals or Tim Duncans out there waiting for us to draft them. Not to mention the Celtics luck in the lottery has been extremely poor, wanting to rebuild around the draft is very risky and I hope Danny Ainge knows what hes doing. With Rajon Rondo we had a legit all star point guard with championship experience who has put foot to ass in the playoffs and genuinely loved the Celtics and Boston and wanted to stay, I don't know why you would trade someone like that. At least with Rondo you had a star to build around, this rebuilding is going to take 10 years now or maybe more.

Rondo is gone. That sucks. I would have liked to see him be a Celtic for life and become an even bigger part of their folklore. On top of that, the C's are just unwatchable now. Mavs will be dangerous now. But I don't know how good Monta Ellis can be without the ball.

The worst part is Ainge basically gave Rondo away like a Christmas present, this has set Boston back 10 years. All that championship experience and veteran leadership is gone now, we basically just have a team of rookies and young players with a second year coach and no all stars in sight. Rondo actually wanted to stay in Boston, its not often that we get a star player that wants to stay but everytime we do Ainge trades them or doesn't give them an extension. The way this was handled was just hideous, we are now the new 76ers of the NBA and we will not be relevant again until 10 years. I hope Ainge is happy.

Ainge's bosses are cheap. They didn't want to pay Rondo.

Boston has alot of picks yes but the players getting drafted these days take years to develop, Wiggins is only averaging 12 PPG and looks like he will need at least 2 years to develop. Anthony Davis is just finally breaking out this season and he was drafted in 2012. Anthony Bennett was drafted Number 1 last year and he is total garbage, worst number 1 pick in history. Damian Lillard came in playing like an all star right away but that is extremely rare. There are no Shaquille O'Neals or Tim Duncans out there waiting for us to draft them. Not to mention the Celtics luck in the lottery has been extremely poor, wanting to rebuild around the draft is very risky and I hope Danny Ainge knows what hes doing. With Rajon Rondo we had a legit all star point guard with championship experience who has put foot to ass in the playoffs and genuinely loved the Celtics and Boston and wanted to stay, I don't know why you would trade someone like that. At least with Rondo you had a star to build around, this rebuilding is going to take 10 years now or maybe more.

Draft picks are important. The C's got Rondo with the 23rd pick or something. So, they can pay off. But they'll need one of these high lottery picks to be a jackpot. They need another Paul Pierce cornerstone type of player. It looks like that won't be Marcus Smart.

They didn't want to pay Perkins or Tony Allen either, you can't win on the cheap though. Every team that wins a championship is paying someone, you will not find a team that wins championships on the cheap at bargain rates. I guess thats what Ainge doesn't understand.

Draft picks are important. The C's got Rondo with the 23rd pick or something. So, they can pay off. But they'll need one of these high lottery picks to be a jackpot. They need another Paul Pierce cornerstone type of player. It looks like that won't be Marcus Smart.

Smart will need at least 2 years to develop, thats nothing bad against him even Anthony Davis needed 2-3 years to become a star. I'm thinking we can steal Noel Nerlens from Philly for Jeff Green, what do you think? I think Noel can have a upside. Plus, Noel is from Boston.

Another thing about these draft picks is, if we have a full roster where do we play them? we have a capable guard James Young sitting in the D league because our backcourt is chalk full.

Smart will need at least 2 years to develop, thats nothing bad against him even Anthony Davis needed 2-3 years to become a star. I'm thinking we can steal Noel Nerlens from Philly for Jeff Green, what do you think? I think Noel can have a upside. Plus, Noel is from Boston.

Smart's ceiling is a Kyle Lowry; and by the time he even hits that, he's probably out of Boston. I'm not that excited about him as of yet.

Philly's strategy is to stash and suck for higher picks. Nerlens for Green doesn't do that for them. Plus, they're probably higher on Nerlens than Green in the second place.

Last edited:

They didn't want to pay Perkins or Tony Allen either, you can't win on the cheap though. Every team that wins a championship is paying someone, you will not find a team that wins championships on the cheap at bargain rates. I guess thats what Ainge doesn't understand.

The C's could have three-peated had KG not injured his knee. Perk and Allen could have been the difference in 11 or 12. I think they gave up on that team too early.

Forum List

Back