USMB Members: When did you get your first firearm?

I got a 4-10 shotgun on my 9th birthday. Shot my first squirrel shortly thereafter. Went hunting with my dad and he saw the squirrel first and let me have the shot. Good times.

Christmas 1973. I was 13 and Dad gave me a 20 ga single shot.

I still have it today

-Geaux

Stevens .22/410 1967

1.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

4/10 was great for squirrel and rabbit...moved up to a 16 gage for fowl.

I got a 4-10 shotgun on my 9th birthday. Shot my first squirrel shortly thereafter. Went hunting with my dad and he saw the squirrel first and let me have the shot. Good times.

I bought my first .357 revolver from a police officer friend.....

First shot my Dad's 12 gauge at 5. Had to lay it on a log while he sat behind me to keep it from blowing me back. Nailed the corn cob I was aiming at.

Always had access to firearms under strict supervision and tutelage. Long after I proved I understood how serious handling a firearm was, I got a Browning .22 lever action at the age of 12. Still have it. It's still a tack driver.
iu

Growing up in the '60s and 70s, it was quite common to take your .22 or shotgun to school and go shooting after school let out. Most of the cars driven by boys in the school parking lot had firearms in them. It was no big deal. Kids were RESPONSIBLE with firearms back then. Radical concept today.

I don't hunt, but I do have a "squirrel gun" that belonged to my dad. It's really accurate. I have two hand guns and am shopping for a small gun to use for my concealed carry.

I have a squirrel gun now, it uses 7.62 rounds ;)
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Wait, are we talking about those little furry animals?

I have a cookbook----that provides a recipe for squirrel stew
My dad and his family ate squirrels.

I got my first gun AFTER PRISON LOL.
I quickly decided that was a dumb move and it is now in a river rusting away.

12 gauge when I was 14 and a .22. Used to hunt refrigerators where the UCF Research park now is. People used to dump their trash there. Shot and killed a Woodpecker once. Decided not to kill anything unless I intended to eat it after that.

I see you've been brought up to think that life is precious.

A Crossman 760 air rifle at age 12.

Then a Browning Citori 12 gauge over/under at age 14 (wish I still had that one!)

That's fucked up.

If you've "paid you debt to society" why are you still being punished?

That's fucked up.

There are many forms of punishment. I'm 54 and still paying for choices I made when I was 17.

I was encouraged to buy a gun just before Obama took office. My uncle claimed he was coming for our guns.

I love irony.

That's fucked up.

It is what it is. As long as the zombie apocalypse waits till after I'm gone all is well.

Forum List

Back