Used Children Abandoned In The Desert

These poor children are being used and abused by smugglers and cartels as a direct result of Biden's border policies. I hope the liberals that support this crap have nightmares about what they've done to these kids.
from what i understand, coyotes (not coyote) used children under trump too. people have been abandoning children for a long time. to put this on biden and biden alone is just as strange to me as when the left tied every whack-a-mole extremist to trump.

you do it to try to discredit the other but it doesn't help the situation itself.

As long as there is money to be made trafficking there are people willing to sink to whatever depths to get it. People making money off very desperate people. I'm not sure what the solution is but it seems that several possibles are:

1. working closely with Mexico to apprehend coyotes and make sure they face very harsh penalties. The remain in Mexico policy left people stranded indefinitely at camps in some of the most violent and lawless areas of Mexico. If any semblance of that policy remains than we should also work with Mexico to help fund humanitarian aid and security for the migrants. Unfortunately I think there is a diplomatic tiff with Mexico at the moment.

2. working with the countries they are coming from, to try and fix some of the "push" factors and reduce the stream of people leaving.

3. Fix our own system. The immigration courts are notoriously undermanned. It's crazy that people have to wait as long as they do for an asylum hearing.

4. Other thoughts?
on the surface, i think this is a great start. but immigration is being used to further hate and divide and face it, as long as you and i can't even openly talk about this in a forum w/o it dovetailing into the abyss of personal attacks, what chance do we as a whole have to resolve where to pee, much less immigration issues or anything major?

to me it is critical we work with these countries to understand why people want to leave. the question is - how far do we go to advocate change in their countries? if they want to be the cause for people to leave, now what? 1 and 2 are a mix to me but both needed, to be sure.

fix our own system. we've tried. reagan offered amnesty if we'd stop letting illegals get jobs. keep this from happening again. the deal was struck, amnesty was granted, but the democrats backed out and didn't enforce their side. we were supposed to fix it then, not have another DREAMERS issue again today. what has changed to make me trust the dems would work to stop the illegals if we do amnesty AGAIN?

so tell me - how do we fix it when one side doesn't want to as it gives them leverage?
One of the real problems with this is that encouraging human trafficking has greatly enriched the criminal elements in their native countries. Biden signaling his willingness to open the doors gave cartels thousands of new paying customers.

Biden specifically said do not come.
yet his policies encourage it. not to harp on it but talk is simply talk. it ain't working and even dems along the border are furious.

while i don't put human nature on biden, he's not even trying to address the issue.

I agree his statements might have encouraged increased immigration, but I don't know that he is not trying - this is not something with a quick fix so I'm willing to give him some time - he's only been in office 4 months. It's also notable what is being ignored. Illegal immigration showed very little decrease under Trump, despite harsh policies, so you have to ask - what's driving it? The push factors must be stronger than the pull factors if people are willing to take enormous risks like that just to come to a place that actively despises them..

The other thing driving immigration - that's not talked about right now - is the Covid induced economic crisis. We are also seeing an increase in Mexican men coming for work because Mexico's economy really suffered from Covid. Those people I believe are being turned away.

These poor children are being used and abused by smugglers and cartels as a direct result of Biden's border policies. I hope the liberals that support this crap have nightmares about what they've done to these kids.
from what i understand, coyotes (not coyote) used children under trump too. people have been abandoning children for a long time. to put this on biden and biden alone is just as strange to me as when the left tied every whack-a-mole extremist to trump.

you do it to try to discredit the other but it doesn't help the situation itself.

As long as there is money to be made trafficking there are people willing to sink to whatever depths to get it. People making money off very desperate people. I'm not sure what the solution is but it seems that several possibles are:

1. working closely with Mexico to apprehend coyotes and make sure they face very harsh penalties. The remain in Mexico policy left people stranded indefinitely at camps in some of the most violent and lawless areas of Mexico. If any semblance of that policy remains than we should also work with Mexico to help fund humanitarian aid and security for the migrants. Unfortunately I think there is a diplomatic tiff with Mexico at the moment.

2. working with the countries they are coming from, to try and fix some of the "push" factors and reduce the stream of people leaving.

3. Fix our own system. The immigration courts are notoriously undermanned. It's crazy that people have to wait as long as they do for an asylum hearing.

4. Other thoughts?
on the surface, i think this is a great start. but immigration is being used to further hate and divide and face it, as long as you and i can't even openly talk about this in a forum w/o it dovetailing into the abyss of personal attacks, what chance do we as a whole have to resolve where to pee, much less immigration issues or anything major?

to me it is critical we work with these countries to understand why people want to leave. the question is - how far do we go to advocate change in their countries? if they want to be the cause for people to leave, now what? 1 and 2 are a mix to me but both needed, to be sure.

fix our own system. we've tried. reagan offered amnesty if we'd stop letting illegals get jobs. keep this from happening again. the deal was struck, amnesty was granted, but the democrats backed out and didn't enforce their side. we were supposed to fix it then, not have another DREAMERS issue again today. what has changed to make me trust the dems would work to stop the illegals if we do amnesty AGAIN?

so tell me - how do we fix it when one side doesn't want to as it gives them leverage?
One of the real problems with this is that encouraging human trafficking has greatly enriched the criminal elements in their native countries. Biden signaling his willingness to open the doors gave cartels thousands of new paying customers.

yet his policies encourage it. not to harp on it but talk is simply talk. it ain't working and even dems along the border are furious.

while i don't put human nature on biden, he's not even trying to address the issue.

I agree his statements might have encouraged increased immigration, but I don't know that he is not trying - this is not something with a quick fix so I'm willing to give him some time - he's only been in office 4 months. It's also notable what is being ignored. Illegal immigration showed very little decrease under Trump, despite harsh policies, so you have to ask - what's driving it? The push factors must be stronger than the pull factors if people are willing to take enormous risks like that just to come to a place that actively despises them..

The other thing driving immigration - that's not talked about right now - is the Covid induced economic crisis. We are also seeing an increase in Mexican men coming for work because Mexico's economy really suffered from Covid. Those people I believe are being turned away.
given immigration has been around since the alamo, i'm not giving covid much credence in order to overlook people not doing their job.

Did you care when it was going on under Trump?

No.

You didn't.
this horrific? you are delusional

are you fucking serious? we are supposed to rely on shit stain demonRAT publishers....NOT
you really are funny....when you get reliable-NEWS- sources, not 1 sided publishers, get back to me....until then....LIES

Truth over Facts. If they wore masks they would be fine. Whiner.

can you please cite the changes he made that altered the baseline issue that still exists today? this comes across as excusing your side/boy because you don't like where it could go.

I'll give any new president (yes, even Trump) a break at the beginning - do you?

Policies that altered the baseline issue - I would say the "the remain in Mexico" policy that created a huge number of people bottlenecked at the border waiting for a scarce number of daily appointments. When you add the new surge to that, you have crisis.

Trump at least made efforts to stop people from thinking the children would be their golden ticket. Biden has encouraged this.

It didn't stop them, so he created policies that abused their children.
yup...barrag did create those policies....kids lived in cages, and you retards didn't mind that then.....hmmmm....HYPOCRITES

No.

You didn't.
this horrific? you are delusional

are you fucking serious? we are supposed to rely on shit stain demonRAT publishers....NOT
you really are funny....when you get reliable-NEWS- sources, not 1 sided publishers, get back to me....until then....LIES

You're delusional.

Trump at least made efforts to stop people from thinking the children would be their golden ticket. Biden has encouraged this.

yup...barrag did create those policies....kids lived in cages, and you retards didn't mind that then.....hmmmm....HYPOCRITES

I have no idea who barrag is. Get back to me when you master English.

4. Other thoughts?
I apologize for the length. I've edited but.... I'm running out of time

I think the notion of giving Dreamers citizenship is counterproductive. It's impossible to humanely just chuck kids back over the border, and we have legal and moral duties to give minors education and healthcare, but I don't see why we give them loans and scholarships for college. If we want to let them voluntarily stay and pay taxes, but without citizenship and social services past 18 or 21 .... I guess that's ok. They don't have ties to their "real countries."

When Trump got elected (did you see that Trumpbots), the US was still supposed to follow the law of Flores v. Reno. Children could not be held in detention for more than 20 days. Parents who were caught right at the border could decline to voluntarily be sent back over the border and demand a judicial hearing. Since we couldn't detain the kids, we'd release the entire family with "the understanding" they'd return later for a deportation hearing. But the parents wouldn't show up.

So Trump kept the parents locked up, and put the kids in foster care, and "gee whillickers lost all records of what kid belonged to what parent." Hasta la vista baby. I was sarcastic to those claiming some "faux outrage" to inhumanity towards children now, while they were all for Trump intending to separate them permanently from their families when they and their parents came over the border as family units, because Trump wanted to apply harsh consequences to law breakers ... even though he used children as the means to punish adults. And Trump did keep the kids in jail longer than legally allowable, and he did that as a deterrent. That was not ok, and may Kirsten Nielsen burn in hell for eternity.

But to give Nielsen and the Devil their due, destroying records of what kid belonged to what parent probably worked to some degree. Apparently there were fewer "family units" illegally immigrating.

And Trump did not "solve" immigration. Parents could still send unaccompanied children over, and they did. Individual illegal immigrants are harder to catch than children with short legs, as well. We have not deported ten million.

At the time of Trump and the Courts forcing Trump to abide by Flores, people expected Congress to enact some bipartisan fix. We could have passed a law saying Flores v Reno was bs, and like Obama planned we could build family units, hired a bunch of judges and decided these immigration cases as fast as possible. BUT asking the gop to try and solve illegal immigration is "another Lost Cause." We cannot deport 10 million people who are embedded here. And people may have noticed we have a "LABOR FORCE PARTICIPATION ISSUE." We could make it much more painful for employers to hire illegal aliens. We could make it much for painful for illegal aliens to find housing. But we would have to face the issue that our economy uses these people who've been here for years if not decades. I don't want them to be citizens ever, but I'd like to buy fruit and veggies at an affordable price, not to mention tasty butchered pork and chickens. But the Gop's solution remains to give lip service to "ZERO TOLERANCE" while accomplishing little ... beyond avoiding screwing up like Biden did and agreeing to keep kids. SEE BELOW

Later on, Trump got totally around Flores because of covid. He claimed temporary powers to summarily deport freshly caught adults WITH children. Biden is still summarily deporting adults. BUT his policy has been to "temporarily" take the kids. Trump was kicking them all out. Imo Biden made a mistake. Families should never be separated if it can be helped. Some children may get covid after we deport them. That's sad. But under temporary powers of the US under the covid strain, we don't have to care for them, and we didn't ask them to illegally come here. Allowing them to stay, sends a bad message to parents of kids who'd like to send their kids here even if they know they cannot come too.

No.

You didn't.
TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP....you retards miss TRUMP and the booming economy, not ran by retarded imbeciles....everyday you idiots compare everything to TRUMP...
what a piss poor excuse for a scum demonRAT

English please.
i don't think the language he chooses to use is his problem.
is chinese your native tongue?

given immigration has been around since the alamo, i'm not giving covid much credence in order to overlook people not doing their job.

I think it's foolish to ignore factors that drive it and increase the numbers IF you actually want to try to remedy the issue. Unless you want to impose barbaric and inhumane policies and I doubt that is what you would support.

I have no idea who barrag is. Get back to me when you master English.
barrag-o is the treasonist piece of shit , that destroyed AMERICA....and then TRUMP fixed AMERICA....you not being able to understand ENGLISH, is not my problem

4. Other thoughts?

Wow, your screen name is really appropriate.

can you please cite the changes he made that altered the baseline issue that still exists today? this comes across as excusing your side/boy because you don't like where it could go.

I'll give any new president (yes, even Trump) a break at the beginning - do you?

Policies that altered the baseline issue - I would say the "the remain in Mexico" policy that created a huge number of people bottlenecked at the border waiting for a scarce number of daily appointments. When you add the new surge to that, you have crisis.
do you see me bitching at biden for every single thing wrong in the world? no. you don't.

i liked the "remain in mexico" myself. immigration has a path to citizenship. if it isn't working, fix it don't go around it. asylum is for people with political issues who will likely be killed if they are returned home.

a·sy·lum
the protection granted by a nation to someone who has left their native country as a political refugee.

were the ones at the border political refugees or did we expand on that definition in order to get what you felt was right? bypassing process / law because you feel strongly about something doesn't make it right - it simply diminishes the point of the law itself rendering it useless.

loopholes i believe they are called. people love to use them, hate them used against themselves.

so - how many immigrants were trying to seek "asylum" in order to get around immigration policy?

I think it's foolish to ignore factors that drive it and increase the numbers IF you actually want to try to remedy the issue. Unless you want to impose barbaric and inhumane policies and I doubt that is what you would support.
given i already have stated we need to help people, not weaponize them, you once again know better.

covid is a blip on the radar of immigration. we've not been doing our job here since the 60s. at least the 70s. citing a 1 year spinoff as the cause of the issue to me is continuing to weaponize it to achieve an emotional end. covid didn't create this problem, just allowed it to be weaponized / politicized even further.

we agree congress needs to fix this. arguing about the current run rate at the border to me isn't helping getting back to encouraging congress to do their job.

4. Other thoughts?

ok that was funny.

4. Other thoughts?

ok that was funny.
but perhaps not in the way martin intended it.

do you see me bitching at biden for every single thing wrong in the world? no. you don't.

i liked the "remain in mexico" myself. immigration has a path to citizenship. if it isn't working, fix it don't go around it. asylum is for people with political issues who will likely be killed if they are returned home.

I did not. The problem with remain in Mexico was it was incredibly dangerous to the asylum seekers, violence, rape, and trafficking of women and children were common, as was murder. In addition to dangerous the conditions were squalid and disease-ridden. There was an active effort to prevent journalists and American immigration legal advisors from gaining access as well.

I can't understand how, if you are complaining about the treatment of illegal immigrants on this side of the border, you are ok with it on that side of the border. It makes no sense to me.

a·sy·lum
the protection granted by a nation to someone who has left their native country as a political refugee.

were the ones at the border political refugees or did we expand on that definition in order to get what you felt was right? bypassing process / law because you feel strongly about something doesn't make it right - it simply diminishes the point of the law itself rendering it useless.

It has nothing to do with what "I feel was right" - it has to do with our law which recognizes 5 grounds of persecution for asylum applicants.

They must demonstrate persecution based on any one of these grounds: race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion.

IMO personal opinion it should be expanded to gender/gender identity given the extreme persecution gay men face in many parts of the world...but either way, asylum is not just granted to political refugees. In fact - our asylum law was based on what happened when we turned away Jewish refugees in 1939 (it's in my signature and has been for years because I think it's incredibly important).

loopholes i believe they are called. people love to use them, hate them used against themselves.

so - how many immigrants were trying to seek "asylum" in order to get around immigration policy?

It doesn't matter why they are trying to seek asylum. It's their legal right to seek it. That doesn't mean they'll get it and most are denied. But until they have their hearings - they are legal asylum seekers.

I did not. The problem with remain in Mexico was it was incredibly dangerous to the asylum seekers, violence, rape, and trafficking of women and children were common, as was murder. In addition to dangerous the conditions were squalid and disease-ridden. There was an active effort to prevent journalists and American immigration legal advisors from gaining access as well.

I can't understand how, if you are complaining about the treatment of illegal immigrants on this side of the border, you are ok with it on that side of the border. It makes no sense to me.

a·sy·lum

It has nothing to do with what "I feel was right" - it has to do with our law which recognizes 5 grounds of persecution for asylum applicants.

They must demonstrate persecution based on any one of these grounds: race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion.

IMO personal opinion it should be expanded to gender/gender identity given the extreme persecution gay men face in many parts of the world...but either way, asylum is not just granted to political refugees. In fact - our asylum law was based on what happened when we turned away Jewish refugees in 1939 (it's in my signature and has been for years because I think it's incredibly important).

It doesn't matter why they are trying to seek asylum. It's their legal right to seek it. That doesn't mean they'll get it and most are denied. But until they have their hearings - they are legal asylum seekers.
then please, tell me the difference between an immigrant and someone seeking aslyum. do these children left in the desert seek a better life via immigration or are they political refugees who will be killed if they return home.

we need to stop blurring the lines in order to facilitate an emotional gain.

im·mi·grant
a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.
-----
To establish eligibility for asylum or refugee status under U.S. law (8 U.S.C. § 1158), you must prove that you meet the definition of a refugee (under 8 U.S.C. § 1101). In brief, this means showing that you are either the victim of past persecution or you have a well-founded fear of future persecution.

they are coming to live here and hope for a better life. we all are. however when that wasn't working they decided to say "sure - i seek asylum" and that got morphed and look where it's gotten us.

we seem to have a mindset to go around rules cause they're in the way via any way possible then get upset when told you're going around the rules, stop it.

they can seek whatever they want. but they cannot continue to be allowed to simply call themselves something else they are not because they find the current process too cumbersome to work through. or feel free to show me their persecution without also morphing that to dramatize it.

stop the bleeding, fix the problem, see if we've got it. first step in stopping the bleeding it no longer allowing our language to be morphed in order to get around process.

The problem with remain in Mexico was it was incredibly dangerous to the asylum seekers, violence, rape, and trafficking of women and children were common, as was murder. In addition to dangerous the conditions were squalid and disease-ridden. There was an active effort to prevent journalists and American immigration legal advisors from gaining access as well.

That's exactly what's going on in Biden's concentration camps now, except we're paying for it.

Forum List

Back