USA Today. Over 40 Years of Democrat Rule. Why is Minneapolis Still So Racist?

So why are Democrat controlled cities some of the most deeply racist in America? Chicago, Baltimore, St Louis, Atlanta and Minneapolis and Detroit have some of the worst racial issues in the United States. Despite all being in different geographic parts of the U.S. they all share one thing in common. Multi-generational Democrat leadership.

Why have the Democrat leaders in these cities failed so utterly? Please discuss.

"Minneapolis, Minn. has been under Democratic control since 1978. Chicago has been under Democratic control for 89 years; its present mayor is a black woman. Philadelphia has had Democratic mayors for 68 years; three of its last five mayors have been black men. Six of the last seven Atlanta, Ga., mayoral administrations were led by black Democratic mayors, and the present mayor is a black woman.

"A city runs its police department and other services; therefore, if there is so much 'systemic racism' in these organizations, why hasn't it been corrected over so many years under Democratic leaders?

"Why aren't these cities garden spots of racial tolerance, understanding, and virtue?"

There have been no answers."

"Unfortunately, in too many cases when people say they want an open and honest discussion about race in America, what they mean is they want an open and honest discussion only about what they say is wrong with people who aren’t them."

PoliticalChic

rightwinger

Because of Trump. Duh...

So why are Democrat controlled cities some of the most deeply racist in America? Chicago, Baltimore, St Louis, Atlanta and Minneapolis and Detroit have some of the worst racial issues in the United States. Despite all being in different geographic parts of the U.S. they all share one thing in common. Multi-generational Democrat leadership.

Why have the Democrat leaders in these cities failed so utterly? Please discuss.

"Minneapolis, Minn. has been under Democratic control since 1978. Chicago has been under Democratic control for 89 years; its present mayor is a black woman. Philadelphia has had Democratic mayors for 68 years; three of its last five mayors have been black men. Six of the last seven Atlanta, Ga., mayoral administrations were led by black Democratic mayors, and the present mayor is a black woman.

"A city runs its police department and other services; therefore, if there is so much 'systemic racism' in these organizations, why hasn't it been corrected over so many years under Democratic leaders?

"Why aren't these cities garden spots of racial tolerance, understanding, and virtue?"

"Unfortunately, in too many cases when people say they want an open and honest discussion about race in America, what they mean is they want an open and honest discussion only about what they say is wrong with people who aren’t them."

PoliticalChic

rightwinger

What are you using to measure the levels of racism between the dem and Republican cities? Can you give some examples of Republican city’s with a better record of racism so I can see the comparison?

PoliticalChic

rightwinger

What are you using to measure the levels of racism between the dem and Republican cities? Can you give some examples of Republican city’s with a better record of racism so I can see the comparison?
No riots lol

The police force of many cities is largely Republican. Minneapolis is unlikely to be any different. The police officer charged with murder is a registered Republican (who almost voted illegally in Florida).

They share another thing in common. They attract white supremacists eager to bash in the skull of Black people or other people of color while safely employed as cops.
'

So you think the Democrats who run these cities and Police Dept's are white supremacists? Wow...okay....that is one explanation. I agree it all starts at the top and the Democrat leaders are allowing these things to happen. The question is why? Why do they facilitate and allow systemic racism? I thought they were supposed to be the party of tolerance?
Why do you say democrat leaders are allowing these things to happen? I’m sure if you asked them they would give you a laundry list of things they’ve been working on regarding race relations. Are you suggesting that Republicans have instituted better policy to address the problem? If so, what?

The police force of many cities is largely Republican. Minneapolis is unlikely to be any different. The police officer charged with murder is a registered Republican (who almost voted illegally in Florida).
The police superintendent should fire them if they are racist lol and that’s the dem

PoliticalChic

rightwinger

Nice attempt at deflection but people like you as well as the media say Trump and Republicans are racists. Right?

And people like you and the media say Democrats are virtuous and non-racist and yet the cities they control have some of the worst systemic racism in America. The question is why. I eagerly wait for your answer. :lol:

The police are mostly republicans .

Timmy....The police dept reports up to and is directly accountable to city government (i.e. The Democrat mayors and city councils).

Nice try but fail. These cities all have Democrat leadership. You know what leadership means, right? It means it is 100% the leadership's responsibility to run their cities....including the Police Dept. Okay? Good. :thup:

So I will ask you. Why do these Democrat controlled cities have so much systemic racism? I look forward to your response as well. :)

PoliticalChic

rightwinger

Nice attempt at deflection but people like you as well as the media say Trump and Republicans are racists. Right?

And people like you and the media say Democrats are virtuous and non-racist and yet the cities they control have some of the worst systemic racism in America. The question is why. I eagerly wait for your answer. :lol:
Nope. I’d never call a group of people as diverse as republicans racists. That’s absurd. I don’t think Trump gives a fuck. I think he’s an ego maniac who thinks he is superior to all and a person like
Likes to stir up the racial divide to play politics

PoliticalChic

rightwinger

Nope. I’d never call a group of people as diverse as republicans racists. That’s absurd. I don’t think Trump gives a fuck. I think he’s an ego maniac who thinks he is superior to all and a person like
Where do you see this?

PoliticalChic

rightwinger

Okay. Fair enough. But based on media memes and the Left Dims are supposed to be the Party of tolerance and understanding.

To me it is more than a little ironic those cities controlled by Dims are often the ones with the worst racial problems.

I would love a hard core Dim like rightwinger to explain it is such a way that does not immediately point fingers at others. However, I doubt that is possible.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy:

Dems then and now.jpg

PoliticalChic

rightwinger

Okay. Fair enough. But based on media memes and the Left Dims are supposed to be the Party of tolerance and understanding.

To me it is more than a little ironic those cities controlled by Dims are often the ones with the worst racial problems.

I would love a hard core Dim like rightwinger to explain it is such a way that does not immediately point fingers at others. However, I doubt that is possible.
Well aren’t you pointing fingers trying to blame Dems? I notice you didn’t provide any examples of Republican run cities that had more effective policies in Place to help the problem. Why is that?

PoliticalChic

rightwinger

Well aren’t you pointing fingers trying to blame Dems? I notice you didn’t provide any examples of Republican run cities that had more effective policies in Place to help the problem. Why is that?
no race riots

PoliticalChic

rightwinger

Actually, I did not point fingers. USA Today did. I posted their article as a point for discussion.

Blacks are only useful to Dems as a means to gather state and federal tax dollars...which they then spend on other crap instead of blacks. It's all about the money, that's why Dems don't really give a crap about blacks being shot and killed weekly. Dems are 'meh' so long as the dollars keep rolling in.

PoliticalChic

rightwinger

You answered it with the second sentence in your thread title.

Forum List

Back