US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt

Stunts can go wrong. Even deadly. That's always called an accident. So why isn't this one called an accident? She clearly doesn't deserve to be in jail, does when?

The thing is, it really didn't go wrong. That's exactly what I would expect a Desert Eagle would do.
I have never tried a desert eagle but I want to. Do ranges carry it in the US if you are a curious customer? What bullets does it carry, and what level of recoil does it do?

Everyone has done some really dumb things in their lifetime, I'm glad I'm not young again in this age of social media and such. Thankfully I didn't do something this stupid.

As for the 30 onlookers who allowed it to happen. What in the ____?!

I wonder if any of them knew what kind of gun she was about to use?
If so, they are as stupid as she was.
Which does raise the point of how the fuck did they get a hold of a $1900 gun?

FWIW, 7 years old I leaped off our ranch home wearing a parachute made out of a bed sheet. Good thing I did it over the grass and not the driveway. Yes, we've all done stupid things in our lives, but some abuse that idea.

Stunts can go wrong. Even deadly. That's always called an accident. So why isn't this one called an accident? She clearly doesn't deserve to be in jail, does when?

homicide----not murder----it's still a serious crime

He put her up to this..he told her we could be rich he told her...

She should go Scott free.

Only if you believe women are complete dumbasses and should do whatever a man says.

I have watched ton of those you tube pranks...and I know the guy plans the dumb ass shit...and the girl goes along with the get rich scheme.

The thing is, it really didn't go wrong. That's exactly what I would expect a Desert Eagle would do.
I have never tried a desert eagle but I want to. Do ranges carry it in the US if you are a curious customer? What bullets does it carry, and what level of recoil does it do?
Some ranges might have it.

Magnum Research, Inc. | Desert Eagle pistols and BFR revolvers

Magnum Research Desert Eagle, .50 AE, Black w/ Tiger Stripes - Style # DE50BTS, MRI Shop / Firearms
GetDynamicImage.aspx

Everyone has done some really dumb things in their lifetime, I'm glad I'm not young again in this age of social media and such. Thankfully I didn't do something this stupid.

I wonder if any of them knew what kind of gun she was about to use?
If so, they are as stupid as she was.
Which does raise the point of how the fuck did they get a hold of a $1900 gun?

FWIW, 7 years old I leaped off our ranch home wearing a parachute made out of a bed sheet. Good thing I did it over the grass and not the driveway. Yes, we've all done stupid things in our lives, but some abuse that idea.

Think about it we know where they got the money from if you ever watch you tube.

Magnum Research Desert Eagle, .50 AE, Black w/ Tiger Stripes - Style # DE50BTS, MRI Shop / Firearms
GetDynamicImage.aspx
Looks like a friendly little gun, doesn't look as powerful as it proves to be at all.

I kinda feel bad for the teen mom. Yes, she's dumb, but her baby daddy was even dumber and now she'll go to prison for it.

A Desert Eagle .50 stopped from one foot away by a book? Obviously this is "Evolution in Action" since this Darwin Award nominee didn't bother to test his theory before putting his chest to the test.

US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt - BBC News
A Minnesota woman has been charged over the fatal shooting of her boyfriend, in what authorities say was a social media stunt gone wrong.

Monalisa Perez, 19, was booked into county jail after shooting at Pedro Ruiz as he held a book to his chest, believing it would stop the bullet.

The couple's three-year-old child and nearly 30 onlookers watched as she fired the fatal bullet into his chest.

Ruiz's aunt said they did it to increase their social media following.

Claudia Ruiz told WDAY-TV that her nephew had told her he wanted to do the stunt "because we want more viewers, we want to get famous".

"He had told me about that idea and I said, 'Don't do it. Don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun? Why?'" Claudia Ruiz told the news channel.

"They were in love, they loved each other," she said. "It was just a prank gone wrong."

Perez is pregnant with the couple's second child
_96728443_captug8o87gre.jpg

Ms Perez, who is pregnant, is facing charges of second degree manslaughter. She faces her first court appearance on Wednesday.

County Attorney James Brue described the book as a hardcover encyclopaedia, and said the weapon used was a .50-calibre Desert Eagle handgun.

Police have seized two cameras, which are said to have recorded Monday's incident.

The single gunshot was fired from about one foot (30cm) away as neighbours gathered to watch outside their Minnesota home.

She told deputies that the stunt had been Ruiz's idea, and that he had to convince her to do it.

Earlier that day she tweeted about her reservations.

_96729172_99f19039-c5ea-40d7-88b7-b91cfb0365d6.jpg
Image copyrightTWITTER/@MONALISAPEREZ5
"Everyone was crying. I was standing behind that tree over there. And that was it. I just couldn't take it anymore so I had to go back home," neighbour Wayne Cameron told WDAY-TV.

The couple had started a YouTube channel in March, aiming to show the "the real life of a young couple who happen to be teen parents".

Their most recently uploaded video, on the day that Ruiz died, was titled: "Doing scary stunts at the fair".

Last week Ms Perez told her viewers that it was a "blessing" to have her husband home for the forthcoming birth of their son, who is due in September.
Anyone who fokks a cunnie this stupid looking deserves to die.

Darwin award.

Rules of safe firearms handling:

1 - never point a gun at anyone or anything that you do not intend to kill whether the gun is loaded or unloaded and whether you know or don't know if it's loaded or not.

2 - always point all guns in a safe direction.

3 - always check all guns to make sure they are unloaded before you handle them further.

4 - always unload all guns before you hand one to somebody else.

5 - always keep your finger off the trigger and the safety on until you are ready to shoot.

GetDynamicImage.aspx
Looks like a friendly little gun, doesn't look as powerful as it proves to be at all.
It's a lot of gun. Probably not cheap to shoot either. I'm fine with my .45 1911A1

Only if you believe women are complete dumbasses and should do whatever a man says.
Evolution favors beautiful women not smart ones.

So the smart ones tend to die single or lesbo whereas the pretty ones whether stupid or smart reproduce.

GetDynamicImage.aspx
It's a lot of gun. Probably not cheap to shoot either. I'm fine with my .45 1911A1

My 45ACP is plenty of gun as well.

I don't see why anyone would need or want a 357 mag or a 44 mag. Too much recoil.

People should not play with guns.

Guns are not toys.

Darwin award.

1 - never point a gun at anyone or anything that you do not intend to kill whether the gun is loaded or unloaded and whether you know or don't know if it's loaded or not.

3 - always check all guns to make sure they are unloaded before you handle them further.

5 - always keep your finger off the trigger and the safety on until you are ready to shoot.
Does this mean you now support abortion? Odds are, these folks were Democrats. Jus' sayin' ;)

Agreed. Not exactly a roomful of weapons experts, much less rocket scientists, there. It's possible many thought he was using a "trick" round, one like magicians use.
Could be that he thought the same thing. That's what you get when you fuck your pregnant girlfriend's best friend.

I kinda feel bad for the teen mom. Yes, she's dumb, but her baby daddy was even dumber and now she'll go to prison for it.

A Desert Eagle .50 stopped from one foot away by a book? Obviously this is "Evolution in Action" since this Darwin Award nominee didn't bother to test his theory before putting his chest to the test.

A Minnesota woman has been charged over the fatal shooting of her boyfriend, in what authorities say was a social media stunt gone wrong.

Monalisa Perez, 19, was booked into county jail after shooting at Pedro Ruiz as he held a book to his chest, believing it would stop the bullet.

The couple's three-year-old child and nearly 30 onlookers watched as she fired the fatal bullet into his chest.

Claudia Ruiz told WDAY-TV that her nephew had told her he wanted to do the stunt "because we want more viewers, we want to get famous".

"He had told me about that idea and I said, 'Don't do it. Don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun? Why?'" Claudia Ruiz told the news channel.

"They were in love, they loved each other," she said. "It was just a prank gone wrong."

Ms Perez, who is pregnant, is facing charges of second degree manslaughter. She faces her first court appearance on Wednesday.

County Attorney James Brue described the book as a hardcover encyclopaedia, and said the weapon used was a .50-calibre Desert Eagle handgun.

Police have seized two cameras, which are said to have recorded Monday's incident.

The single gunshot was fired from about one foot (30cm) away as neighbours gathered to watch outside their Minnesota home.

She told deputies that the stunt had been Ruiz's idea, and that he had to convince her to do it.

"Everyone was crying. I was standing behind that tree over there. And that was it. I just couldn't take it anymore so I had to go back home," neighbour Wayne Cameron told WDAY-TV.

The couple had started a YouTube channel in March, aiming to show the "the real life of a young couple who happen to be teen parents".

Their most recently uploaded video, on the day that Ruiz died, was titled: "Doing scary stunts at the fair".

Last week Ms Perez told her viewers that it was a "blessing" to have her husband home for the forthcoming birth of their son, who is due in September.

Darwin award.

What? Society put those kids up to it...a get rich scheme raising the envelope..

Warning video for not kids or the faint of heart...

GetDynamicImage.aspx

I don't see why anyone would need or want a 357 mag or a 44 mag. Too much recoil.

Women often like wheel guns and, aside from a small .38 my wife keeps by her nightstand, I have a few .357s. Still, I'd rather have a semi-auto.

2vjpll0.jpg

Evolution favors beautiful women not smart ones.

So the smart ones tend to die single or lesbo whereas the pretty ones whether stupid or smart reproduce.

So how did evolution de evolve from furry creatures strong as hell..to pink creatures weak as hell?

How did they get the girl in the wild?

Darwin award.

What? Society put those kids up to it...a get rich scheme raising the envelope..

Warning video for not kids or the faint of heart...

It's not the fall that kills you.......:)

GetDynamicImage.aspx

Women often like wheel guns and, aside from a small .38 my wife keeps by her nightstand, I have a few .357s. Still, I'd rather have a semi-auto.

2vjpll0.jpg

I knew one babe who chose a S&W 38 special since it would not break her nails.

Darwin award.

Does this mean you now support abortion? Odds are, these folks were Democrats. Jus' sayin' ;)
Abortion is a state issue.

Roe V. Wade is bad law from the SCOTUS.

Far be it from me to tell anybody else what to do whether pro or anti abortion.

Forum List

Back