Guns are not the problem in Chicago..the judges and prosecutors are...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Law abiding gun owners aren't shooting people in Chicago.....the ones doing it should be in prison...but aren't....

Crime Under Illinois' "Catch and Release" Justice System - The Truth About Guns

Twenty-year-old Lavontay Chavis makes a good poster boy for Illinois’ broken justice system. In a little over two years, since turning 18, Mr. Chavis has racked up 13 arrests and spent 18-months in prison for a felony gun charge.

In May, police say he and a 17-year-old accomplice committed a string of armed robberies and then carjacked a ride at gunpoint before leading police on a high-speed chase.
---

How come Lavontay Chavis remained on the streets of Chicago victimizing innocent people after so many repeated arrests? Because of soft-on-crime Cook County prosecutor Kim Foxx.

Chicago’s “Social Justice” prosecutor Foxx (above from her profile in Elle magazine) gave another hoodlum, Jwan Farley, two years’ probation for a pair of armed robberies. Other armed robbers like DeAngelo Dixon and Leandrew Wallace also negotiated sweetheart probation plea deals from Kim Foxx’s office.

Meanwhile she sentenced a guy who stole 41 jars of Oil of Olay to 27 months in prison. Priorities, you know.

Carjackers also benefit from Kim Foxx’s largesse. Nineteen-year-old Jimmell Cannon of Lawndale like to “bump” into unsuspecting drivers. When the victims step out to inspect the damage, he hijacks their vehicles. Police caught him for a May 27th incident.

In any sane world, Cannon would have been in jail from a nearly identical February incident where police caught him in a similarly ‘jacked VW Passat.

Did Kim Foxx’s office throw the book at this offender on the earlier case? Hardly. Kim Foxx dropped all charges days before cops caught Cannon on his latest gig.

Jimmell Cannon now sits in jail, but he’s no stranger to incarceration. At the tender age of 13, he pointed a BB gun at cops. Cops promptly shot him eight times. His family described little Jimmell as just an “innocent child just having fun in the park.”

Jimmell Cannon now sits in jail, but he’s no stranger to incarceration. At the tender age of 13, he pointed a BB gun at cops. Cops promptly shot him eight times. His family described little Jimmell as just an “innocent child just having fun in the park.”

Right. Because we all know Chicago Cops are so terribly honest.

3 Chicago Officers Charged With Conspiracy in Laquan McDonald Case

Unlike the officers accused in a series of police shooting trials that have unfolded around the country in recent weeks, those charged here did not fire their weapons. Their crimes, prosecutors said, stemmed from their actions after the shooting. The three officers, two of whom have since left the force, are accused of covering up for Jason Van Dyke, the police officer who fired the lethal shots that night, in an effort to protect him from being investigated and charged, court documents show.

Right. Because we all know Chicago Cops are so terribly honest.

3 Chicago Officers Charged With Conspiracy in Laquan McDonald Case

Unlike the officers accused in a series of police shooting trials that have unfolded around the country in recent weeks, those charged here did not fire their weapons. Their crimes, prosecutors said, stemmed from their actions after the shooting. The three officers, two of whom have since left the force, are accused of covering up for Jason Van Dyke, the police officer who fired the lethal shots that night, in an effort to protect him from being investigated and charged, court documents show.

And yet you want them to be the only ones armed....

You don't make any fucking sense sometimes.

Well, here's the thing. The only reason why American cops are armed so heavily is because the National Rampage Association has flooded our streets with guns. In the UK, cops shoot less than 2 civilians a year on average. In Japan, it's considered a notable event if the cops even pull their guns out of their holsters.

Yes, it's unfortunate that some police departments would hire a Jason van Dyke and other police officers would feel a need to cover for him. But let's not forget, there were honest cops there that screamed foul, preserved the evidence, etc.

But ultimately, the problem lies with us, for not demanding better. Because the streets are flooded with guns, we are scared and hide behind the police and abdicate a lot of power to them. So you have a situation like the one in Minnesota,where a cop panicked, shot a compliant motorist 8 times while his wife and child were in the car, caught it all on tape, and a mostly white jury still acquitted him.

You can't bitch about living in a police state when you keep letting the police get away with the bad behavior

Well, here's the thing. The only reason why American cops are armed so heavily is because the National Rampage Association has flooded our streets with guns. In the UK, cops shoot less than 2 civilians a year on average. In Japan, it's considered a notable event if the cops even pull their guns out of their holsters.

Yes, it's unfortunate that some police departments would hire a Jason van Dyke and other police officers would feel a need to cover for him. But let's not forget, there were honest cops there that screamed foul, preserved the evidence, etc.

But ultimately, the problem lies with us, for not demanding better. Because the streets are flooded with guns, we are scared and hide behind the police and abdicate a lot of power to them. So you have a situation like the one in Minnesota,where a cop panicked, shot a compliant motorist 8 times while his wife and child were in the car, caught it all on tape, and a mostly white jury still acquitted him.

You can't bitch about living in a police state when you keep letting the police get away with the bad behavior

99.999% of guns do nothing to people every day. Yet those are the ones you want to go after.

I assume you would support lynching the cop, right? No due process? No jury trial?

Law abiding gun owners aren't shooting people in Chicago.....the ones doing it should be in prison...but aren't....

Most gun deaths in chicago are suicides and domestic murders, just like everywhere else.

we need to stop the "Crime" before the bullet leaves the barrel.

Yeah and most "domestic" murders are committed by people with criminal records as are most "domestic" murder victims

and you stop the crime by putting and keeping in jail violent offenders

The NRA does not sell or traffic in firearms Idiot

Most gun deaths in chicago are suicides and domestic murders, just like everywhere else.

If the bullet hasn't left the barrel, if the knife hasn't cut flesh, if my actions have not infringed on the rights of another, there is no crime, only leftist bastards who think they know the future and of course, what's best for everyone else.

Screw your prognostication. To hell with your meddling in the lives of others.

If the bullet hasn't left the barrel, if the knife hasn't cut flesh, if my actions have not infringed on the rights of another, there is no crime, only leftist bastards who think they know the future and of course, what's best for everyone else.

Joe and his ilk think that everyone is a criminal in waiting.
Well, everyone but them and so think they can dictate to all us criminals in waiting what to do

99.999% of guns do nothing to people every day. Yet those are the ones you want to go after.

There's no good reason for anyone to have guns, and frankly, if we go around arming cops like soldiers because they think every motorist they pull over might shoot them, are any of us truly free.

I assume you would support lynching the cop, right? No due process? No jury trial?

My brother and his wife are good friends with this cop. They are kind of upset that I think he's guilty of doing exactly what he was caught red handed doing on videotape.

Here's the thing. It's been three years since Van Dyke was caught shooting that kid, on videotape. His trial STILL hasn't started yet.

Again, the CPD has been known to railroad people into prison for crimes they didn't commit.

33,000 gun deaths and 70,000 gun injuries a year. $270,000,000,000 in economic losses due to gun violence. I think your fetish has too high a price tag for the rest of us.

33,000 gun deaths and 70,000 gun injuries a year. $270,000,000,000 in economic losses due to gun violence. I think your fetish has too high a price tag for the rest of us.

No, not due to "gun violence" anymore than road deaths are due to car violence. Murder is due to assholes shooting people...or running another over.

Big difference.

If we're going to ban things because of what they might do, I say we ban collectivists. You assholes have killed more people throughout history than any firearm hanging over a fireplace.

There's no good reason for anyone to have guns,

So, you didn't grow up in rural farm country where just about every other meal was harvested from the fields or waterways?

That said, I don't care if one grows up in Manhattan with every meal provided by servants. We have a fundamental right to defend ourselves, particularly against tyrannical assholes that would seek to prevent that fundamental right.

Molon Labe, I dare you.

Last edited:

There's no good reason for anyone to have guns, and frankly, if we go around arming cops like soldiers because they think every motorist they pull over might shoot them, are any of us truly free.

My brother and his wife are good friends with this cop. They are kind of upset that I think he's guilty of doing exactly what he was caught red handed doing on videotape.

Here's the thing. It's been three years since Van Dyke was caught shooting that kid, on videotape. His trial STILL hasn't started yet.

Again, the CPD has been known to railroad people into prison for crimes they didn't commit.

There are plenty of good reasons for people to own a firearm, however we don't need any reason because of the 2nd amendment.

And again, you want them to have all the power over normal people.

Make up your mind.

I only need ONE reason to own a gun

Wrong again

Nome of my guns caused any damage to anyone or anything but the targets and clay pigeons I shot

You're hell bent on blaming law abiding people for the behavior of criminal pieces of shit

Wrong...most of the deaths are gang members and other criminals shooting each other...

I don't know where you went to school....but 80% is a majority in most places....as is 90%.....

Chicago Killers' Arrest Records Revealed - The Truth About Guns

The University of Chicago’s Crime Lab released its report Gun Violence in Chicago 2016. The researchers delved into data provided by the Windy City’s PD, winkling out actionable stats. Turns out both shooters and shootees were known to the police. Who saw that one coming? And the survey SAID . . .

Around 80 percent of Chicago’s homicide victims in 2015 and 2016 had at least one prior arrest, almost 40 percent had a prior violent crime arrest, and almost 30 percent had a prior gun arrest.

Nearly 40 percent of victims had more than 10 prior arrests, while the share with more than 20 prior arrests rose from 14 to 18 percent in 2016.

The share of victims with a current or prior gang affiliation as recorded by CPD was about the same in both years (53 and 54 percent).

And now the shooters . . .

Individuals arrested for a homicide or shooting in Chicago in 2016 and 2015 had similar prior criminal records: around 90 percent had at least one prior arrest, approximately 50 percent had a prior arrest for a violent crime specifically, and almost 40 percent had a prior gun arrest.

The average person arrested for a homicide or shooting in both years had nearly 12 prior arrests, with almost 45 percent having had more than 10 prior arrests, and almost 20 percent having had more than 20 prior arrests.

Why is anyone in Chicago (or elsewhere) talking about gun control? Clearly, Chicago’s revolving door justice system is a failure that allows dangerous killers to roam the city streets.
============================

12/27/16 Gang shootings in Chicago over christmas..90% gang affiliated

Gang Killers In Chicago Used Christmas Gatherings To Target Their Victims

Gang killers, knowing their targets would be home for Christmas, launched a bloody weekend of shootings in Chicago that left 11 dead and another 37 wounded.

"We now know that the majority of these shootings and homicides were targeted attacks by gangs against potential rivals who were at holiday gatherings. This was followed by several acts of retaliatory gun violence," police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a statement Monday.

--------------

The violence primarily occurred in areas with historical gang conflicts on the South and West Side of Chicago."

And this is what we keep telling you anti gunners and you refuse to believe it....

"Ninety percent of those fatally wounded had gang affiliations, criminal histories and were pre-identified by the department's strategic subject algorithm as being a potential suspect or victim of gun violence," Guglielmi said.
=================

12/3/16

No..the streets aren't flooded with guns...we have close to 600 million guns in the country and a grand total of 9,616 gun murders...and as the links above show, the majority of the shooters cant buy, own or carry the guns they use, and the victims of those shootings are also criminals....

Forum List

Back