US signs Asylum Cooperation Agreement (ACA) with Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Through this agreement, the United States, in coordination with these countries, will be able to remove certain eligible migrants seeking humanitarian protection to each of the ACA countries. Through the implementation of the ACAs, the Northern Triangle countries and the United States reaffirm their commitment to combating mutual threats, including transnational criminal organizations and gangs, migrant smuggling, drug trafficking, and human trafficking.

Maybe this agreement will remain in place. It makes sense that it should.

Yeah. I wonder when the financial cost of that will come out. When we start talking about "security" then that may very well mean Giuliani's consultation firm getting paid as well.

Those are three of the most dangerous and most violent countries in Central America with crappy human rights records.
But those seeking assylum from one of those countries is safer to stay in the country of origin while requesting assylum, if they live to obtain that assylum..

Yeah. I wonder when the financial cost of that will come out. When we start talking about "security" then that may very well mean Giuliani's consultation firm getting paid as well.
How much are the lives of innocent Americans worth?

deporting migrants removes threats to US citizens

Why does the US need to pay other countries to take care of their own citizens?

So does restricting guns.

Because, to a certain degree (depending on how it's done) it benefits us. People are fleeing those countries do to regional problems: uncontrolled violence, drought, political instability, corruption (paired with the violence)...they aren't going to stop trying to leave as long as those factors are stronger than their willingness to take extreme risks to leave.

Because, to a certain degree (depending on how it's done) it benefits us. People are fleeing those countries do to regional problems: uncontrolled violence, drought, political instability, corruption (paired with the violence)...they aren't going to stop trying to leave as long as those factors are stronger than their willingness to take extreme risks to leave.

It benefits people who want to lower the wages. It does not benefit the people that live here. I don't buy that.

It benefits people who want to lower the wages. It does not benefit the people that live here. I don't buy that.

How does it benefit people who want to lower wages when you are stopping them from flooding our border?

How does it benefit people who want to lower wages when you are stopping them from flooding our border?

Say again? You said it benefits us. I say it does not. The only people that it benefits are those that want to lower wages.

We have gangs here. We have shootings here. We have poverty here.

Say again? You said it benefits us. I say it does not. The only people that it benefits are those that want to lower wages.

We have gangs here. We have shootings here. We have poverty here.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the article. I thought it was about providing aid to those countries to keep people there and justify sending migrants from there back. Am I wrong?

Forum List

Back