US shifted from Democratic preference to Republican in 2021: Gallup

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This is what is called the "Biden Effect".

The political preferences among Americans shifted from Democratic to Republican over the course of 2021, according to a new Gallup survey, mirroring the popularity of President Biden and former President Trump.

In the first quarter of last year, 49 percent of Americans said they identified as a Democrat or a lean-Democratic independent, while 40 percent said they were a Republican or a lean-Republican independent, pollsters found. This marked the largest lead Democrats had over the GOP since 2012, when the left led the right by 9 points, the survey giant noted.

But over the course of the year, the percentage of those identifying with the left started to decrease, while more people began to align themselves with the right.

The percentage of Americans who identified as Democrats or lean-Democratic independents remained steady at 49 percent in the second quarter, while more Americans said they were Republicans or lean-Republican independents, increasing from 40 percent to 43 percent.

And 2018 was the Trump affect and we could consider 2010 the Obama affect and we had the Bush affect before that.

People will never learn.

With an increasing number of people turning away from the Democrats, people are indeed learning Democrats muck up everything they touch.

Trump had the White House, Senate and House and lost all three. Nothing is going to change. Both parties constantly fail us and for some odd reason we think giving them another chance is the answer to that.

Trump had the White House, Senate and House and lost all three. Nothing is going to change. Both parties constantly fail us and for some odd reason we think giving them another chance is the answer to that.
Trump's Presidency was a success by all measures except one: Democrat tyranny was not allowed to flourish. Democrats see that as a failure. Normal people count it a success.

Trump's Presidency was a success by all measures except one: Democrat tyranny was not allowed to flourish. Democrats see that as a failure. Normal people count it a success.

I'm not a Democrat and what I said is factual.

After a couple of years of The Worthless Negro's disastrous administration the Democrats lost 60 seats in the House. Obama would have lost the 2012 election if the Republicans had ran anybody other than a gutless incompetent RINO against him.

The failed administration of Potatohead will cause the Democrats to lose both the House (by a lot) and the Senate in the midterm and never have a chance 2024.

Think how much better off America would be if Democrats hadn't spent all their time lying about Trump and had actually worked with him to get things done.

No rational person can look at the Biden Admin and call it a success.

I can't think how America would be better off. It does get old though when people expect me to defend something I did not vote for. It's so sad that so many can only see the world in terms of red and blue.

Forum List

Back