US Senator says 13 year old girl can consent to sex.

He is elected by his state to a national position representing his state. Are you inferring nobody in that state should care what he thinks and says? That would not be logical, whether he votes in his state legislature or not.
The picture was perfect, ( ;)) for the wink and a nod to the laws of consent and rape in that rape state, he displays. Slip or the tongue? Not good, off the cuff? He should watch stuff like that as he is a political leader from that state.
Actually, I mostly blew up shit, and taught other how to go about it in an organized efficient manner, planning, performing and directing combined arms operations, to exceed standards. Had a lot of fun doing it.
Uh oh. You're a leftie with bomb making skills? :p

I would have punished my daughter for engaging in sex at 13. Not saying, throw them in jail, but you cannot control or influence what you ignore or wink at.

13 is old these days.

Yeah, shocking right?

I caught my 9 year old smoking weed with her 10 year old boyfriend. What are you gonna do?

You cant say "don't smoke weed', they'll just laugh at you and keep doing it - behind your back. Not the desired outcome

I found a way to get mad at her. I didn't punish her, but she got a good long lecture.

Sex is the same way. I don't think it's a great idea to punish someone for having sex. The idea is to have them keep their brains engaged while they're in those situations.

If they want to be adults I'll help them, but in most cases so far, when they come face to face with the adult thing they tend to back off, and that's more along the lines of the desired outcome

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I would have punished my daughter for engaging in sex at 13. Not saying, throw them in jail, but you cannot control or influence what you ignore or wink at.
I'm not talking about parental punishment. My son would have got grounded if I found out he engaged in sex at 15. If I would have had a daughter, same thing. But what I'm talking about is suing the campground because your daughter had sex.

He did not imply that it should be ignored or winked at, he said it wasn't a legitimate cause for suing anyone. I can't believe I'm defending that guy.
I'm a "liberal" and I agree that suing should not have been a part of this.

He did not imply that it should be ignored or winked at, he said it wasn't a legitimate cause for suing anyone. I can't believe I'm defending that guy.
That's OK. I can't believe it either. Would it be different or the same if it had been the principal of an upscale private charter school, your 12-year-old daughter attended? But, no. Let's say he was the Democrat Senator from your state. saying the same thing, not in support of your state's laws. Would it be the same reaction or would the right be calling for his head on a pike?
Not saying the guy should be run out of town on a rail. Just saying, these people are elected to the Senate (the deliberative body) and it would be nice if they deliberated in their head, before speaking.

That's OK. I can't believe it either. Would it be different or the same if it had been the principal of an upscale private charter school, your 12-year-old daughter attended? But, no. Let's say he was the Democrat Senator from your state. saying the same thing, not in support of your state's laws. Would it be the same reaction or would the right be calling for his head on a pike?
Not saying the guy should be run out of town on a rail. Just saying, these people are elected to the Senate (the deliberative body) and it would be nice if they deliberated in their head, before speaking.
In this day and age? The last 20+ years are available for all to see with the click of a mouse. The past of a candidate is important to a point, but a few stupid comments here and there are not automatic disqualifiers. The past five years are more important than a decade ago. Conservative opinions tend to get more conservative over time. I'm not sure how it works with batshit crazy liberals.

Uh oh. You're a leftie with bomb making skills? :p
Lefty only in the eyes of a right-winger, but yes, trained in demolition as an 11Delta Scout, again as a 19D Scout and again after commissioning as a 12B00 Armor Officer, Scout Platoon leader. I have done ditching, cutting, general blasting, helped create an abatis (precision dropping rows of trees on both sides of a road so they fall interlocking, closing the road) never the one in charge, but have been assistant to the instructor teaching a simple blasting familiarization class. I had good attention to detail along with steady hands at that young age and somebody thought I should have a good familiarization with a lot of different skills.

I'm not talking about parental punishment. My son would have got grounded if I found out he engaged in sex at 15. If I would have had a daughter, same thing. But what I'm talking about is suing the campground because your daughter had sex.
That is a matter for the courts. I have no idea how that came out. I have never sued anybody for anything, nor been sued.

In this day and age? The last 20+ years are available for all to see with the click of a mouse. The past of a candidate is important to a point, but a few stupid comments here and there are not automatic disqualifiers. The past five years are more important than a decade ago. Conservative opinions tend to get more conservative over time. I'm not sure how it works with batshit crazy liberals.
Me neither.

If fairness, democrats like underage boys too
Frank these people push child sex as normal behavior. Pedophilia is an incurable illness. That is how disgusting these people are. Epstine's client list has never been disclosed. Why? I think you would find a long list of high-level democrats are in the group of pedophiles that need to be removed.

Forum List

Back