US Navy 3- Pirates 0

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
U.S. Navy holds 6 suspected pirates after battle - USATODAY.com

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The U.S. Navy is holding six suspected pirates after a sea battle off the Horn of Africa.
It's the third U.S. Navy encounter with pirates in the past 10 days in the violence-plagued waters off Somalia and nearby regions. At least 21 suspected pirates have been captured.

The U.S. Navy says suspected pirates began shooting at the amphibious dock landing ship USS Ashland Saturday, about 380 miles off Djibouti, a small nation facing Yemen across the mouth of the Red Sea.

The Navy says the Ashland returned fire and the suspected pirate skiff was destroyed. All six people on board were rescued and taken aboard the Ashland.

The Ashland suffered no injuries or damage.

Why is the Navy picking on a baseball team? I mean I know they suck. But is that any reason to attack them? I mean they're just ball players!

The Navy needs to drop a pack of Marines off in Somalia for a couple of weeks so they can get a new verse in their song "From the shores of Tripoli". Marines haven't fucked with pirates for quite some time now and I think they may be getting a little excited at the possibilities. When you have a tooth ache, you need to get to the root of the problem. Our Marines can get to the root and put an end to this pirate bullshit if we just wind them up and turn them loose....

Forum List

Back