US is No. 4 in the world with most orphaned children by COVID deaths, study finds

Not surprising when you have just freed yourself from a sociopathic "President" who admitted to downplaying the virus at a critical time.
200 thousand have did of covid since Biden took office 6 months ago .... but no ones blaming Biden nor should they ! China is to blame for the millions of deaths around the world !

114000 orphaned American children. Its a sobering number and the scale of human misery cant really be calculated.

I suggest that we refer to them as the Trump children so that we never forget which fat bastard is the cause of this suffering.
does China fit into your accusations at all when it comes to covid ? nearly 120 thousand deaths in the UK from covid 19 ! considering the US has 5 times as many people the UK covid death rate is about the sames as the in the US !

114000 orphaned American children. Its a sobering number and the scale of human misery cant really be calculated.

I suggest that we refer to them as the Trump children so that we never forget which fat bastard is the cause of this suffering.
114,000 kids who have no family whatsoever? No grandparents? No aunts or uncles? Nobody? I find that hard to believe.

They should be given to the closest family and that’s all. Just because the parents were unwilling to provide a path to support for them doesn’t make them a problem to be fixed with my tax money.

My will indicates where ALL my property is to go, but only after indicating who will be taking care of my dogs. Is it too much to ask parents to do the same with their animals/children?

114,000 kids who have no family whatsoever? No grandparents? No aunts or uncles? Nobody? I find that hard to believe.

They should be given to the closest family and that’s all. Just because the parents were unwilling to provide a path to support for them doesn’t make them a problem to be fixed with my tax money.

My will indicates where ALL my property is to go, but only after indicating who will be taking care of my dogs. Is it too much to ask parents to do the same with their animals/children?

Orphan doesn't mean there is no extended family.

According to the study, it was limited to 21 countries, and they used grandparents, and kin that lived with them, as well to consider the children as orphan...additionally, they considered you an orphan if you only lost one parent, not both

Interesting study, but the article, and poster really went to great length to make it sound more then it is...likely to make the USA look bad.

why are you showing us an article from July of 2020 at the height of the pandemic?

Excerpt:

In Alabama, there were an average of 4.4 daily new coronavirus cases per 100,000 residents in the week ending July 8. Cumulatively, Alabama has reported 11,260.8 cases per 100,000 state residents, the 15th most of all 50 states. Alabama has reported 231.7 deaths per 100,000, the eighth most of all 50 states.

While the nation’s largest metropolitan areas were hit hardest in the early months of the pandemic, nearly every city has suffered from the virus. Outbreaks are particularly likely to occur in places where large numbers of people tend to congregate, leaving cities with high concentrations of colleges, correctional facilities, and nursing homes particularly at risk.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, the Gadsden metropolitan area has reported 14,218 confirmed cases, or 13,837.7 per 100,000 residents — the most of any city in Alabama.

Anniston-Oxford, the city with the second most cases per capita, has reported 12,878.4 cases per 100,000 residents.

Um, maybe because we're a big country with a lot of people?

A lot of fat people and covid hates obesity?

Just spitballing here
Because covid doesnt affect thin people. Marje says so. Not the orphans fault is it if their parents are fatsos ?

Excerpt:

In Alabama, there were an average of 4.4 daily new coronavirus cases per 100,000 residents in the week ending July 8. Cumulatively, Alabama has reported 11,260.8 cases per 100,000 state residents, the 15th most of all 50 states. Alabama has reported 231.7 deaths per 100,000, the eighth most of all 50 states.

While the nation’s largest metropolitan areas were hit hardest in the early months of the pandemic, nearly every city has suffered from the virus. Outbreaks are particularly likely to occur in places where large numbers of people tend to congregate, leaving cities with high concentrations of colleges, correctional facilities, and nursing homes particularly at risk.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, the Gadsden metropolitan area has reported 14,218 confirmed cases, or 13,837.7 per 100,000 residents — the most of any city in Alabama.

Anniston-Oxford, the city with the second most cases per capita, has reported 12,878.4 cases per 100,000 residents.
ok...again why are you showing us information from over a year ago? Has data not changed in a year? how it is relevant at all to this study or thread?

It is not meaningless to the kids who have lost their parents. Let me present you with todays MTG Golden Twat Award.
Of course it isn't...or in this case a grandparent, or any kin....but that's true for the flu, cancer, heart attacks, and a hold host of other ways people can get sick and die.

Forum List

Back