US insulin charges are the highest in the world

It was mostly republicans that voted to remove the $35 cap on insulin.
what else was in the bill that could have been the reason they voted it down??

just like the latest veterans bill the dems always put things in a bill that have nothing to do with the main issue that causes the down vote

Both political parties are owned by Big Pharm and corporations in America, and that ain’t changing unless we have a Revolution and overthrow this mess we call a Government…
And replace it with WHAT?!

😹

I dont get this. The $35 was too expensive and the GOP crushed that.
Why do US diabetics get punished for their illness like this ?

Is it because big pharma owns the politicians ?

If they can offer insulin to the rest of the world at a reasonable price why cant Americans get it ?
It looks very much like a "free market" stitch up to me. My insulin is made by a |French company called Saniflo. They are listed on nasdaq as well.

How can they afford to sell it to the NHS at next to nothing and yet charge $90 a phial in the US ?

Somebody is protecting them. As ever the public pays the price, There doesnt seem to be any interest in a regulated market because politicians do not profit from that..

No...the issue is much, much deeper.........the democrats are going to destroy new medicines with their price controls through medicare telling drug companies how much they can charge for their drugs...

Derek Hunter on his podcast went through this, ..... when the government tells the drug industry that they will only pay a tiny amount for drugs, it will mean drug companies cannot recoup the billions of dollars in cost, time and research they put into drugs.....so they will stop doing research on drugs that have less chance of reaping rewards, which means people who suffer from illnesses that are not in the general population will be shit out of luck....there will be no way for drug companies to spend billions researching drugs for those diseases........and there will be less incentive to come up with multiple drugs for the same diseases......so if you are a person who is not helped by one cancer drug...but that is the only cancer drug medicare will pay for, you are, again, shit out of luck.....

This is so much deeper an issue, and the democrats simply don't care as long as they get cheap credit for doing something that is massively destructive...then they blame the republicans......

If they can offer insulin to the rest of the world at a reasonable price why cant Americans get it ?
It looks very much like a "free market" stitch up to me. My insulin is made by a |French company called Saniflo. They are listed on nasdaq as well.

How can they afford to sell it to the NHS at next to nothing and yet charge $90 a phial in the US ?

Somebody is protecting them. As ever the public pays the price, There doesnt seem to be any interest in a regulated market because politicians do not profit from that..

No......we pay more because you and the other countries refuse to pay a fair amount for the drugs you get.....you are living off of the American people again...we pay the billions for research and development.......and the drug companies only have so long before they lose the patents on their drugs......so when you, and Canada and the other countries tell them they can only sell their pills based on the least amount you want to pay, the drug companies over charge us to make up for your refusal to pay your fair share.....

Again, besides living off of the safety provided to you by the United States and our blood and treasure, you are making drugs more expensive in the U.S.......

This is how much it costs to actually create a brand new drug.....and the drug companies only get to keep their patents for their drugs for a limited time......before other companies can simply take their formuals and make their own generic drugs......

So......these companies spend this money, time, and research...with no guarantee that the drug will even make it through testing........and you guys simply want them to then give away those pills to your country as the simple cost of pressing the pills........and then you wonder why Americans are paying more for your selfishness and greed...

Importance: The mean cost of developing a new drug has been the subject of debate, with recent estimates ranging from $314 million to $2.8 billion.

The greed of foreign countries who refuse to pay their fair share for the miracle drugs created in the U.S.....

Compared to Canada and Europe, the US system allows much faster patient access to new innovations, which can mean the difference between life and death. In fact, Americans have access to nearly 90 percent of new treatments launched between 2011 and 2017, while French patients have access to only 48 percent of them and Canadians just 44 percent.

The long-term cost to pursuing a government-run path also has resulted in pharmaceutical industry flight to countries where innovation is rewarded. When I joined Eli Lilly in 1996, Europe was the research and development powerhouse of the pharmaceutical industry, representing the vast majority of all large employers, factories, and R&D spending. But in a little over two decades, that equation has flipped. Industry migrated investments, jobs, and clinical trials to the United States — and with them the small and mid-sized companies that build the biopharma economy.
-----
Today, the United States makes up more than half of global R&D spending, with Boston alone representing half of all global venture-backed startups and San Diego, San Francisco, New York, Charlotte, Seattle, and New Jersey benefiting from vibrant biopharmaceutical clusters. America’s unique and robust innovation ecosystem with its successful public-private partnership is why the United States has produced nearly all of the treatments and vaccines against COVID-19. If our industry is forced to relocate again, imagine the challenge for the United States to procure enough doses of a critical medicine from allies or even foes to escape a future pandemic.

We all want innovative medicines and to be ready for the next pandemic. We also want costs to go down. Unfortunately, the current proposal by House Democrats would cut our industry’s revenue by 40 percent — while ignoring broken health plan designs — stopping innovation dead in its tracks. And, we would lose a vital strategic asset for our country.

And the greed of Britain and Canada...refusing to pay their fair share for miracle drugs will mean new, life saving drugs will not be developed......

The approximately $200 billion torrent of biopharma R&D investment will slow to a trickle, focusing on BARDA-contracted projects that have revenue guarantees or on low-risk variations of existing medicines. But diseases that are crying out for new treatments — cancer, diabetes, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, pediatric conditions, many infectious diseases, and more — will be ignored.

Investors will have no incentive to fund small companies, and large ones will be compelled by activist investors to stop funding what would then be deemed wasteful R&D.

Shareholders would milk the existing profit streams of marketed drugs until all have gone generic, leaving behind only a generic drug industry, which does not create or invest in novel medicines.
-----

Investors cannot fund a portfolio of risky projects knowing that after they have risked their capital the government could dramatically cut down the returns of the successes that make the whole portfolio worthwhile. There’s no example of investors funding R&D on that premise anywhere in the world.
---
The consequences will also be felt in adjacent industries. For example, research hospitals will lose revenue from running drug trials and replace it by charging more for their regular services. As we fail to develop and invest in new medicines, we’ll continue to rely on hospitals to treat conditions that new medicines could have prevented. Unlike drugs, hospitals do not go generic.

That was one of the stuttering fuck's first executive orders.... signed it in purple crayon if I remember right. Sealed it with drool.

joe-biden-suspends-trump-executive-order-to-lower-insulin-epinephrine-prices/

Wake up fatfuck.
Trump did it right, but this guy was around for a lot longer than Trump's administration.

1659892770783.png

One thing Brits do right is not screwing the populace over Rx prices.

I was using a Rx that was $450/month generic in the US. While in England on vacation, I needed a Rx. When I asked the price the pharmacist looked at me funny and answered. When I remarked how cheap that was, my host told me that ALL prescription medications cost the SAME in UK. Less than £5.

I have worked my entire life to insure that my husband and children had health care

Trump did it right, but this guy was around for a lot longer than Trump's administration.

View attachment 679013

One thing Brits do right is not screwing the populace over Rx prices.

I was using a Rx that was $450/month generic in the US. While in England on vacation, I needed a Rx. When I asked the price the pharmacist looked at me funny and answered. When I remarked how cheap that was, my host told me that ALL prescription medications cost the SAME in UK. Less than £5.
So move

Forum List

Back