US helped Israel with H-bomb - 1980s report declassified

I think The Nuclear non proliferation treaty should apply to israel too?

You remind me of israeli tourists abroad, loud, obnoxious, individuals who gather in groups and think normal rules of behavior do not apply to them

So you would force the Jews but not the muslims............... figures ?

Well the US has declared it has Nuclear weapons, and even used them, israel has not declared them but seems to have them, but doesn't want to admit it, and wants to stop Iran from developing Nuclear energy for domestic consumption Iran has stated not for weapon use and has signed up for NNPT inspections, something israel refuses to do. are you comfortable knowing israel has undeclared nuclear weapons?
Morito

Are you comfortable knowing that you could be LYING. Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that Israel has nuclear weapons ?

fanger, et al,

This is interest.

I think The Nuclear non proliferation treaty should apply to Israel too?
(COMMENT)

You cannot unilaterally apply a Treaty to a State (Israel) that has not expressed a consent to be bound. Nor can the application of a treaty be forced upon a state through coercion (threats, sanctions, . [1969 VIENNA CONVENTION ON THE LAW OF TREATIES]

(QUESTION)

Why do you think that the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) should apply to Israel?

Most Respectfully,
R
Why does the UN?

The United Nations General Assembly overwhelmingly passed a resolution on Tuesday demanding that Israel “renounce possession of nuclear weapons” and open its arms to global regulation.

The measure, which is non-binding, was approved 161 to 5, with the United States, Canada, Palau, Micronesia, and Israel voting “no” and 18 countries abstaining.

Israel is the only Middle Eastern country that refuses to sign the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, with India, Pakistan, and North Korea also declining.

While Israel does not publicly acknowledge its nuclear arsenal, its existence is widely known. A reportreleased by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute this summer found that Israel unlawfully owns 80 nuclear warheads, making it the only Middle Eastern nuclear power.

/QUOTE]
UN Calls for Israel To Renounce Nuclear Weapons

They don't and cant if you read your own cut and paste it states that the resolution is non binding

Then Israel should use one of it's nukes and blow Iran off the map. That sounds rational don't you think ?
Sadly that is where we heading when Iran insists to have nukes, when they wish to take the 'possible ' upcoming war to a level of nukes it can end up with Israel nuking Iran, because otherwise we are in a huge defensive disadvantage as Jihadism can ignite a series of world scale nuking.

Well go ahead and get it over with. What is Israel waiting for ?
What's the rush? I assume you still disagree with me on some points so lets clarify them first.

The rush is that Iran is closer to having a nuke everyday. Why is Israel waiting until it may be too late ?

Uncensored2008, et al,

There is no reason to believe this is true.

And now the Obama Administration is helping Iran develop a nuclear bomb...
:(
(COMMENT)

This is a scare tactic. The use of the theory that Iran will become a nuclear-threshold state; is a misconception. Any country that has a sophisticated Nuclear Engineering Energy Program is a potential "nuclear-threshold state."

Any country that has this technology will eventually have the capacity to solve the critical nuclear weapons design information (CNWDI). Whether or not the Obama Administration.

Once a country goes into the Nuclear Energy business, the rest will come eventually.

Most Respectfully,
R

This is bizarre. JFK knew they were making nukes on stolen technology and they assassinated him for calling them out. That was way before this story.

Forum List

Back