US Congress needs to be re-structured along the lines of the TX Legislature

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
In TX Congress persons serve PART time

Why isn't it like that in the US Congress?

We need to change this... I once read something about how much time Congress spends on (this/that) "job"

they do not spend much time doing legislative work... and as we saw w/ the Trump Admin, they spend all the time they were "in session" on getting rid of the president WE the People elected..

they are over-paid. They should get miniumum wage at best... since they have access to all that money, both domestic and foreign... all of them or virtually all of them are millionaires and didn't get that way on salary alone...

Are you disgusted?

We need to change this... I once read something about how much time Congress spends on (this/that) "job"

they do not spend much time doing legislative work... and as we saw w/ the Trump Admin, they spend all the time they were "in session" on getting rid of the president WE the People elected..

they are over-paid. They should get miniumum wage at best... since they have access to all that money, both domestic and foreign... all of them or virtually all of them are millionaires and didn't get that way on salary alone...

Are you disgusted?
The Texas legislature is not running an entire country of 320 million people.

Never raise the debt ceiling again. Fire almost all Federal Employees. Return all internal affairs to the States.

Never raise the debt ceiling again. Fire almost all Federal Employees. Return all internal affairs to the States.
AMEN, Bro

kick them all out... they have made enough $$... kick them out and then tax all that $$ until it's gone... back to the taxpayers

Every Congress has raised the debt ceiling. It does not matter which party is in control or who is in the White House.

I don't know why the rubes keep falling for the "I will balance the budget" hoax over and over and over and over, and then bitch when the other party overspends.

It's a very peculiar kind of willful blindness.

Are you disgusted?

Trump lost the popular vote both times.

He was never elected by the people.

Congress is there to do the bidding of either the working class, real America, or the billionaire class, would stab America in the back in a second.

If you're not there for the working class, you don't belong there.

Every Congress has raised the debt ceiling. It does not matter which party is in control or who is in the White House.

I don't know why the rubes keep falling for the "I will balance the budget" hoax over and over and over and over, and then bitch when the other party overspends.

It's a very peculiar kind of willful blindness.
I wasn't saying that. I was saying return the power to the States. Each state will decide how to live and run that State. Not some all powerful out of control gov't. Full of Money launderers on both sides.

Debt ceiling allows them to keep throwing money at any thing they desire. So. Spay or neuter the Federal Gov't.

Does that clear it up? lol

Trump lost the popular vote both times.

He was never elected by the people.

Congress is there to do the bidding of either the working class, real America, or the billionaire class, would stab America in the back in a second.

If you're not there for the working class, you don't belong there.
propaganda

distortion of facts

Are you disgusted?
Why would we want to follow what is basically a failed state?

Are you disgusted?
the less time the mini kings and queens are in session the less damage they can do . the POTUS can only serve 2 terms ....why doesnt the same rule apply to congress ?

Are you disgusted?

Until 1929, the house was part time. In 1913 the Senate became an elected body (prior to that the State Governors appointed them)

Had we stayed this way, Rump would have been tried, convicted (along with his Kids) and still be in prison. As for what you claim the Dems were doing, Obama was treated even worse and the divide we have today started the day Obama took office. So stop this BS.

I would like to see it back the way it was for both houses before 1913.

Until 1929, the house was part time. In 1913 the Senate became an elected body (prior to that the State Governors appointed them)

Had we stayed this way, Rump would have been tried, convicted (along with his Kids) and still be in prison. As for what you claim the Dems were doing, Obama was treated even worse and the divide we have today started the day Obama took office. So stop this BS.

I would like to see it back the way it was for both houses before 1913.
the idiots on the left spent 4 yrs trying to destroy Trump ! they even colluded with Russia to accomplish their goals ...

the idiots on the left spent 4 yrs trying to destroy Trump ! they even colluded with Russia to accomplish their goals ...

I suggest you take a hard look at Rump, his kids and his cronies before you go off like that. I suspect you may be an idiot so please don't confirm it.

Forum List

Back