US carries out the 1st federal execution in nearly 2 decades

US murderer Daniel Lewis Lee has been put to death, hours after the Supreme Court allowed the first executions of federal inmates in 17 years.

Several executions were initially delayed when a judge ruled on Monday that there were still unresolved legal challenges.

The condemned prisoners had argued that lethal injections constitute "cruel and unusual punishments".

But the Supreme Court voted 5-4 that "executions may proceed as planned".

Conflcited on this. Mr Lee is obviously no loss to the community and I suspect he has many friends on this board. But the death penalty belongs i the dark ages.

Good riddance! People like Daniel Lewis Lee don't belong in a civilized society! The death penalty is for people like Lee who aren't worth attempting to rehabilitate. As for it belonging to the "dark ages"? We put down rabid dogs because they're dangerous. We have rabid dogs that walk on two legs as well! Someone like a Charlie Manson can never be released into society...so why go through the sham of putting him in a prison for the rest of his life? Who does that serve? His victims? Society? Bleeding heart liberals? When you commit the ultimate crime...you should face the ultimate penalty!
We don't need to justify the death penalty, the Supreme Court upheld it.
Nature justifies it! There are rabid animals of all kinds that need to be put down. That goes for people like Lee just as much as a foaming at the mouth dog!

US murderer Daniel Lewis Lee has been put to death, hours after the Supreme Court allowed the first executions of federal inmates in 17 years.

Several executions were initially delayed when a judge ruled on Monday that there were still unresolved legal challenges.

The condemned prisoners had argued that lethal injections constitute "cruel and unusual punishments".

Conflcited on this. Mr Lee is obviously no loss to the community and I suspect he has many friends on this board. But the death penalty belongs i the dark ages.
Who do you suspect that's on this board was friends with this murderer? Explain that one, Thomas.
Tommy buys into the notion that all conservatives and all Republicans are closet white supremacists that burn crosses and lynch black people on weekends after playing golf at the country club! It's his myopic world view!

Major Nadal Hasan murdered about a dozen of his own men. There is no doubt about it, there were more than a hundred witnesses including some of the Soldiers who were wounded and yet he languishes in military death row for more than ten years. The Court upheld the death penalty and the method of execution so what's left to argue? Let's get on with it and give closure to all those families before they die of old age.

No, the ironic thing is that we are still using something as barbaric as the Death Penalty.

If you pressed the link, you'd find the victim's family are the ones who were most opposed to executing this guy.

But relatives of William Mueller, his wife, Nancy, and her 8-year-old daughter, Sarah Powell, who were killed in 1996, say that’s not what they want. They have pleaded for years that Lee, of Yukon, Oklahoma, should receive the same life sentence as the ringleader in a deadly scheme that aimed to establish a whites-only nation in the Pacific Northwest.

Why would that matter? This guy is a murder, that was involved in the murder of four people.

How many actually innocent people, must die before you want it stopped?

There nothing barbaric about justice being served. What is barbaric is you people, that caused that 8-year-old and her parents to be killed.

You did that. This guy was caught back when he was 17, and you people allowed him to live. Which caused 3 more people, one being that 8 year old girl, to be murdered.

YOU are the barbaric one.

So liberals see letting someone off for this kind of ultra-heinous crime is a more "civilized" approach?

You can pretty much count on LIbEral pieces of shit to take the side of subhuman criminal filth.

It's what they do. It's what they are.

Every single time.
Every single time they have a chance, they side with criminals. I have yet to see a single left-winger support justice against real criminals yet.

They attack police. They attack the public. They attack private law abiding citizens. They attack the law. They attack everything and everyone.... except for the Criminals.

AOC just said the reason for the mass number of murders in NYC... was because "Well they want to feed their kids and....."

Literally what she said. Never once do they condemn the criminal for engaging in crime. Never.

It's ironic that in this case the racial issue isn't about the execution, but what the executed did.

US carries out the 1st federal execution in nearly 2 decades

The U.S. government on Tuesday carried out the first federal execution in almost two decades, putting to death a man who was convicted of killing an Arkansas family in a 1990s plot to build a whites-only nation in the Pacific Northwest. The execution came over the objection of the victims’ family.

Daniel Lewis Lee, 47, of Yukon, Oklahoma, died by lethal injection at the federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana.

“I didn’t do it,” Lee said just before he was executed. “I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I’m not a murderer.

His final words were: “You’re killing an innocent man.”

Rot in hell, you useless WP asshole.

About time!

Tough. Notice it's only a few of the relatives, I'm sure there are others who want him dead, but they won't be presented by the media because it goes against the narrative.

So do you support relatives of victims in States without the death penalty getting their way if the State doesn't have it as a punishment?

Uh, no, guy. Nobody should be executed because the government MIGHT get it wrong. I find it hilarious that you think the government shouldn't be allowed to fine a cake shop for admitted homophobic behavior, but man, you think they should be able to execute a person for a crime someone else probably committed.

If you read the full article, you'd see that the ringleader did NOT get the Death Penalty. He planned the killings and did them, this jackass was just there. But he get's the hot shot?

We've had to release 156 people from Death Row because someone else did the crimes they were convicted of. Another 11 were executed, but there are serious doubts about their guilt. (NO, I'm not posting the links because I've posted them in numerous other threads, so fuck you.)

Laughing%20at%20you-S.jpg

There is something we should change.

From the date the sentence is prescribed, the defendant has two (2) years to exhaust all appeals. If not, the sentence is carried out the next day.

Then it balances out. The behavior belonged in the Dark Ages as well!

But the death penalty belongs in the dark ages.
Agreed. Executions carried out a decade after the offense...you're executing a different person than committed the crime IMO.

Right, being held accountable for their horrendous act, realizing that you're not going to talk your way out of this one sure causes some to have a COME TO JESUS MOMENT.

Dumbass the people he killed were white so what the fuck makes him a white supremacist if he killed whites?
Are you that stupid ? He killed them robbing money for his white homeland.

Why would that matter? This guy is a murder, that was involved in the murder of four people.

How many actually innocent people, must die before you want it stopped?

He's locked up for the rest of his life, he isn't going to murder anyone else.

There nothing barbaric about justice being served. What is barbaric is you people, that caused that 8-year-old and her parents to be killed.

I think you are a little confused. This guy and his partner (who did the actual killing and didn't get the DP) are white supremacists... They really belong to your side of the spectrum. They just took it a little farther.

You did that. This guy was caught back when he was 17, and you people allowed him to live. Which caused 3 more people, one being that 8 year old girl, to be murdered.

YOU are the barbaric one.

When he was caught when he was 17, he hadn't killed anyone, another man did. He served 5 years. During that five years, they did nothing to actually reform him, and that was the problem.

The bigger problem, of course, is that Chevie Kehoe, the guy who planned and carried out the murders got three life sentences, while this guy, who was just a follower got death. It shows how arbitrary the system is.

Ironically, the two people who pushed the DP for this schlub were Janet Reno and Eric Holder.

Every single time.
Every single time they have a chance, they side with criminals. I have yet to see a single left-winger support justice against real criminals yet.

They attack police. They attack the public. They attack private law abiding citizens. They attack the law. They attack everything and everyone.... except for the Criminals.

Uh, guy, we lock up 2 million people and have another 7 million on parole. What we are doing isn't working.

AOC just said the reason for the mass number of murders in NYC... was because "Well they want to feed their kids and....."

Literally what she said. Never once do they condemn the criminal for engaging in crime. Never.

I'm sure she said nothing of the sort, but she's your new obsession.

There is something we should change.

From the date the sentence is prescribed, the defendant has two (2) years to exhaust all appeals. If not, the sentence is carried out the next day.

Again, the appeal system we have now has found 156 people on Death Row who didn't belong there. We've probably executed 11 people by accident. I'm really not inclined to expedite a flawed process.

He's locked up for the rest of his life, he isn't going to murder anyone else.

Here in California, our criminal Governor has announced an intent to try to turn eight thousand more dangerous criminals loose, in connection with the #CoronoaHoax2020, on top of all those he's already turned loose. This is happening in other states as well, governed by other left wrong-wing criminal-supporting filth.

There's already been several cases of people being murderer by these recently-released subhuman animals.

Putting one of these pieces of shit to death insures that after that is done, he'll never kill or otherwise victimize anyone else ever again. As long as subhuman pieces of shit like Gavin Newsom are allowed in positions of public power, rather than in prison or in execution chambers where they rightfully belong, any criminal who is allowed to live is one that we have to assume might be turned loose to kill again.

The amendment clearly shows that a person's "life" can be at risk when it comes to justice due to criminal acts as long as due process is followed.

Uh, so what. That was written at a time when we didn't have prison and they still hung people for horse theft.

Today, we know it's cruel and unusual. If it isn't, why aren't we still hanging people?

They had prisons.

The Constitution explicitly says it's allowed.

And for some crimes we should hang people still.

Dumbass the people he killed were white so what the fuck makes him a white supremacist if he killed whites?
Are you that stupid ? He killed them robbing money for his white homeland.
Dumbass the family was WHITE. What makes him a white supremacists?

Here in California, our criminal Governor has announced an intent to try to turn eight thousand more dangerous criminals loose, in connection with the #CoronoaHoax2020, on top of all those he's already turned loose. This is happening in other states as well, governed by other left wrong-wing criminal-supporting filth.

There's already been several cases of people being murderer by these recently-released subhuman animals.

Putting one of these pieces of shit to death insures that after that is done, he'll never kill or otherwise victimize anyone else ever again. As long as subhuman pieces of shit like Gavin Newsom are allowed in positions of public power, rather than in prison or in execution chambers where they rightfully belong, any criminal who is allowed to live is one that we have to assume might be turned loose to kill again.

"Several cases"? Really? So what were those guys who were released in for? Because the last bunch you screamed about were in for things like, "The battery on their GPS wasn't recharged". You know, bullshit charges.

So we have an awful system where we lock up and brutalize millions of people, and to keep Covid from spreading in that population, we have to let some of the less dangerous ones go.

Because continuing to lock up millions of people in close proximity is a disaster waiting to happen.

In one prison in CA, 10 people have died of Covid and 2000 are infected. This by you is a good idea?

They had prisons.

The Constitution explicitly says it's allowed.

And for some crimes we should hang people still.

Wow, Marty so much anger... Why don't we bring back Drawing and Quartering, that should satisfy your blood lust.

Dumbass the family was WHITE. What makes him a white supremacists?

The fact he belonged to a group called the Ayran People's Republic, and was stealing money and weapons to start a white homeland. In fact, his accomplice, the one who didn't get the DP, the one who masterminded the whole thing, had robbed this guy before.

Forum List

Back