US carries out the 1st federal execution in nearly 2 decades

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
It's ironic that in this case the racial issue isn't about the execution, but what the executed did.

US carries out the 1st federal execution in nearly 2 decades

The U.S. government on Tuesday carried out the first federal execution in almost two decades, putting to death a man who was convicted of killing an Arkansas family in a 1990s plot to build a whites-only nation in the Pacific Northwest. The execution came over the objection of the victims’ family.

Daniel Lewis Lee, 47, of Yukon, Oklahoma, died by lethal injection at the federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana.

“I didn’t do it,” Lee said just before he was executed. “I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I’m not a murderer.

His final words were: “You’re killing an innocent man.”

Rot in hell, you useless WP asshole.

No, the ironic thing is that we are still using something as barbaric as the Death Penalty.

If you pressed the link, you'd find the victim's family are the ones who were most opposed to executing this guy.

But relatives of William Mueller, his wife, Nancy, and her 8-year-old daughter, Sarah Powell, who were killed in 1996, say that’s not what they want. They have pleaded for years that Lee, of Yukon, Oklahoma, should receive the same life sentence as the ringleader in a deadly scheme that aimed to establish a whites-only nation in the Pacific Northwest.

No, the ironic thing is that we are still using something as barbaric as the Death Penalty.

If you pressed the link, you'd find the victim's family are the ones who were most opposed to executing this guy.

But relatives of William Mueller, his wife, Nancy, and her 8-year-old daughter, Sarah Powell, who were killed in 1996, say that’s not what they want. They have pleaded for years that Lee, of Yukon, Oklahoma, should receive the same life sentence as the ringleader in a deadly scheme that aimed to establish a whites-only nation in the Pacific Northwest.

Tough. Notice it's only a few of the relatives, I'm sure there are others who want him dead, but they won't be presented by the media because it goes against the narrative.

So do you support relatives of victims in States without the death penalty getting their way if the State doesn't have it as a punishment?

Tough. Notice it's only a few of the relatives, I'm sure there are others who want him dead, but they won't be presented by the media because it goes against the narrative.

So do you support relatives of victims in States without the death penalty getting their way if the State doesn't have it as a punishment?

Uh, no, guy. Nobody should be executed because the government MIGHT get it wrong. I find it hilarious that you think the government shouldn't be allowed to fine a cake shop for admitted homophobic behavior, but man, you think they should be able to execute a person for a crime someone else probably committed.

If you read the full article, you'd see that the ringleader did NOT get the Death Penalty. He planned the killings and did them, this jackass was just there. But he get's the hot shot?

We've had to release 156 people from Death Row because someone else did the crimes they were convicted of. Another 11 were executed, but there are serious doubts about their guilt. (NO, I'm not posting the links because I've posted them in numerous other threads, so fuck you.)

Uh, no, guy. Nobody should be executed because the government MIGHT get it wrong. I find it hilarious that you think the government shouldn't be allowed to fine a cake shop for admitted homophobic behavior, but man, you think they should be able to execute a person for a crime someone else probably committed.

If you read the full article, you'd see that the ringleader did NOT get the Death Penalty. He planned the killings and did them, this jackass was just there. But he get's the hot shot?

We've had to release 156 people from Death Row because someone else did the crimes they were convicted of. Another 11 were executed, but there are serious doubts about their guilt. (NO, I'm not posting the links because I've posted them in numerous other threads, so fuck you.)

Because locking them away for 60 years is any better if they are innocent?

The funny thing is if the DP is ever banned, many of those fighting against it will stop trying to exonerate these guys.

This guy keeps claiming he was "innocent". He could have made a deal, he didn't.

"serious doubts"

And of course you back up none of this, you dried up old hack.

Yes, they have 60 years to prove their innocence.

And they won't be dead.

So that's much better.

Are you always this dense?

The funny thing is if the DP is ever banned, many of those fighting against it will stop trying to exonerate these guys.

Some of them will. But most of them won't. The Northwestern Innocence Project here in Illinois continues to work on cases, and worked on cases of Non-DP people. I got to meet a young man who was sent to prison for 10 years because the Chicago Cops beat a false confession out of one of his friends. The Northwestern kids- for no pay - worked to prove his innocence.

This guy keeps claiming he was "innocent". He could have made a deal, he didn't.

"serious doubts"

It was in the ARTICLE IN YOUR LINK, DUMMY. I reposted it in my first post. Jesus fucking Christ on a Pogo Stick, do you ever read the articles you post.

Yes, they have 60 years to prove their innocence.

And they won't be dead.

So that's much better.

Are you always this dense?

Some of them will. But most of them won't. The Northwestern Innocence Project here in Illinois continues to work on cases, and worked on cases of Non-DP people. I got to meet a young man who was sent to prison for 10 years because the Chicago Cops beat a false confession out of one of his friends. The Northwestern kids- for no pay - worked to prove his innocence.

"serious doubts"

It was in the ARTICLE IN YOUR LINK, DUMMY. I reposted it in my first post. Jesus fucking Christ on a Pogo Stick, do you ever read the articles you post.

Who's going to try to prove their innocence? At the end of the 60 years what's the difference?

I read it, it as usual only gave the WP moron's "side" of the story.

Again, most people's interest is in the DP only, once and if it goes away smarmy SJW twats like you will declare victory and stop caring about the ones in prison for life.

This asshole got what he deserved, end of story.

Who's going to try to prove their innocence? At the end of the 60 years what's the difference?

Again, most people's interest is in the DP only, once and if it goes away smarmy SJW twats like you will declare victory and stop caring about the ones in prison for life.

Wow, what happened to the Marty who screamed about the vast injustice of the homophobic wife-beater who abused gay customers? But you are fine with this guy being executed for something a guy with a better lawyer planned and committed.

You have some funny ideas about "justice".

Point is, good people are already fighting for the wrongly accused, even in my state, which abolished the death penalty because we got it wrong so often.

Now, what would be better would be to have every suspect have good lawyers when they start, that's how you keep the innocent out of prison.

The problem with the death penalty isn't that we have it. It's that we don't use it nearly enough and it takes way too fucking long.

Wow, what happened to the Marty who screamed about the vast injustice of the homophobic wife-beater who abused gay customers? But you are fine with this guy being executed for something a guy with a better lawyer planned and committed.

You have some funny ideas about "justice".

Point is, good people are already fighting for the wrongly accused, even in my state, which abolished the death penalty because we got it wrong so often.

Now, what would be better would be to have every suspect have good lawyers when they start, that's how you keep the innocent out of prison.

Trying to relate the two is just an attempt to dodge the actual issue at hand.

The Government has the right constitutionally to implement the death penalty. For some crimes it is the only punishment that makes sense. People have the right to free exercise of their religion.

Plus, when it comes to most of these "civil rights" actions, the accused do not get their day in court, they get hauled before a committee or commission that is often made of people hostile to their beliefs, not a neutral arbiter like a judge, or a panel of their peers like a jury

The problem with the death penalty isn't that we have it. It's that we don't use it nearly enough and it takes way too fucking long.

No, the problem is that it's a barbaric punishment.

The reason we can't use it more is that even with the limited usage we have, we are often releasing more people than we execute. In Illinois, we only executed 13 people before we abolished the thing, but we had to release 16 from Death Row because after further review, we found they didn't do what they were convicted of.

I give you the most egregious case, that of Rolando Cruz. Cops decided he was good for it when he lied about having information to try to scam his way into a reward for the murder of Jeanine NIcarico. By the time he went to trial, another man, Brian Dugan, confessed to the crime. DuPage County went ahead with the prosecution anyway, and convicted Cruz and two of his friends. The courts ruled that they had withheld evidence, and the tried him again. Got another conviction on dubious evidence. By the third time he went up, the cop who claimed he confessed admitted he made it up, and they finally tested the DNA and found Dugan had done it all along. (He was already in prison for two other similar murders.)

They put the corrupt cops and prosecutors on trial for essentially trying to murder an innocent man. The Jury acquitted them and then went out and had drinks with them.

And this is in Illinois, not some backward, redneck state in Jesus-land.

No, we need to abolish the death penalty.

The Government has the right constitutionally to implement the death penalty. For some crimes it is the only punishment that makes sense. People have the right to free exercise of their religion.

Plus, when it comes to most of these "civil rights" actions, the accused do not get their day in court, they get hauled before a committee or commission that is often made of people hostile to their beliefs, not a neutral arbiter like a judge, or a panel of their peers like a jury

Wait, wait, you are saying that it's totally unfair that they get a hearing, but when a person convicted of a DP Crime has a drunk attorney and an all white jury judging a black guy, with cops fabricating evidence, that's perfectly okay.

The thing about the Kleins is none of the facts of the case were in doubt. Everyone agreed on what happened.

Unlike a lot of DP cases, where what happened is really in doubt, but we execute people anyway.

Wait, wait, you are saying that it's totally unfair that they get a hearing, but when a person convicted of a DP Crime has a drunk attorney and an all white jury judging a black guy, with cops fabricating evidence, that's perfectly okay.

The thing about the Kleins is none of the facts of the case were in doubt. Everyone agreed on what happened.

Unlike a lot of DP cases, where what happened is really in doubt, but we execute people anyway.

That's what the appeals process is for. The thing is most of these DP appeals are not over innocence, but over some technicality unrelated to the guilt of the person in question. Usually about the method of execution.

So the person in most of these cases wasn't murdered? They just died spontaneously?

the amount of criminal dick you suck is amazing, and in this case it is WP dick you are sucking.

Joe doesn't want the WP asshole to die, so you must support WP types.

FOAD.

As always, @JoeB131 can be counted on to come out on the side of subhuman criminal pieces of @shit.

Naw, man, I still hate Mormons... they are about as subhuman as they get.

So the person in most of these cases wasn't murdered? They just died spontaneously?

No, they were usually murdered by someone else. Check out my review of the Rolando Cruz case. They knew that someone else did it, they had his confession, which he was willing to swear to in court if they took the DP off the table. INstead, they insisted on prosecuting Cruz, knowing he was innocent.

the amount of criminal dick you suck is amazing, and in this case it is WP dick you are sucking.

For which you should be happy.... if being merely a WP asshole was enough, you and Mormon Bob would be in serious trouble.

As always, @JoeB131 can be counted on to come out on the side of subhuman criminal pieces of @shit.

Naw, man, I still hate Mormons... they are about as subhuman as they get.

No, they were usually murdered by someone else. Check out my review of the Rolando Cruz case. They knew that someone else did it, they had his confession, which he was willing to swear to in court if they took the DP off the table. INstead, they insisted on prosecuting Cruz, knowing he was innocent.

For which you should be happy.... if being merely a WP asshole was enough, you and Mormon Bob would be in serious trouble.

One case, and the appeal process worked, and the appeal was about the conviction, not the process.

The guy in this case deserved to die, plain and simple.

One case, and the appeal process worked, and the appeal was about the conviction, not the process.

Uh, guy, what happened in the Cruz case was an obscenity of racism and police misconduct. If you want to know why people are rioting against the police, right now, it's because shit like that is COMMON.

Uh, guy, what happened in the Cruz case was an obscenity of racism and police misconduct. If you want to know why people are rioting against the police, right now, it's because shit like that is COMMON.

"Common".

Doesn't change the fact that the DP is Constitutional and deserved in some cases.

US murderer Daniel Lewis Lee has been put to death, hours after the Supreme Court allowed the first executions of federal inmates in 17 years.

Several executions were initially delayed when a judge ruled on Monday that there were still unresolved legal challenges.

The condemned prisoners had argued that lethal injections constitute "cruel and unusual punishments".

But the Supreme Court voted 5-4 that "executions may proceed as planned".

Conflcited on this. Mr Lee is obviously no loss to the community and I suspect he has many friends on this board. But the death penalty belongs i the dark ages.

Forum List

Back