US Capitol Riot Defendant Doug Jensen Jailed After Watching MyPillow CEO's Conspiracy Symposium While Prohibited From Going Online

Terms of release on Bail are common. They might be to avoid drinking, or leaving the city, or county, or state. They might be to avoid other Felons, or to be home in the evenings. A curfew from dusk to dawn. It might be to wear an ankle monitor.

In many threads, the RW had blasted Democrats and Liberals for just releasing people from Pretrial confinement without any bail or restrictions. They claim this is part of their hate America agenda Whatever that means.

Yet now, the RW is furious that Bail was used, and restrictions were made based upon the claim of the accused.

Remember that the accused claimed that he was duped, a fool who believed lies. He was tricked. And he now realized the error of his ways and utterly rejected the Conspiracy Theory agenda.

The Prosecutor doubted him, and asked the Judge for conditions. If the man had met the conditions, it would have looked good for him with the Jury later. And possibly he would have gotten a sweetheart deal from the DA, or a verbal slap on the wrist later. Yes, he screwed up, he was sorry, and he felt bad. But he was duped and deceived and has since seen the error of his ways. The claim was similar to drug addicts who claim they want to avoid drugs in the future. They’ve learned how bad it is.

Ok, we’ll let you out of Jail. But we have some conditions you must meet. The Judge outlined those conditions, and the man readily agreed.
Readily agreed!

Outrageous.

Free speech: Doubleplusbad.

ACLU are lawyers. They work in courtrooms. This fellow is in Pre Trial Confinement. Jail awaiting trial. That is common. Remember the outrage when cities decided to just release people from this confinement?

Bail is also common. And conditional bail is routine. People who violate the conditions are routinely sent back to jail.

What about this is illegal?
People jailed for 6 months without charges or bail is something the ACLU would protest every time before they became a completely Democrat biased organization. You should know that.

It's a kangaroo court though violating civil rights of the defendents-------

All Jensen is accused of doing is chasing/following a cop in order to get his Q shirt seen on TV..he did not attack anyone or commit a felony and yet he is having the book thrown at him as though he was a murderer.

One of the questions I’ve never had answered. What exactly were these “peaceful patriotic Americans” going to do when or if they got hold of the elected representatives they were forcing their way in to see?

Doug was not merely trying to get on TV. He is the idiot chasing the Cop.

He has been charged with several crimes including possession of a knife on Capital Grounds.

The Judge is a Trump appointee. Picked so he could get tough on crime. Well violating conditions of Bail is a crime isn’t it?

People jailed for 6 months without charges or bail is something the ACLU would protest every time before they became a completely Democrat biased organization. You should know that.

He has been charged.

There is only one problem with your assertion. In applying for bail he claimed through his lawyer that he was a dupe. Deceived by propaganda, lies, and misinformation. He did not believe it and wanted nothing more to do with anything along those lines.

The prosecutors suspecting he was lying did set him up. If he was telling the truth then he could stay out of jail easily. Instead he was on it almost as soon as he got out of jail. He lied to the judge. He was caught in the lie. He promised not to do that again. And he did.

Now he gets to await his trial date in jail. It is unlikely that the Judge will again believe that he will ab.ide by the conditions for bail.

I am curious. When I was a boy an Honorable man, the kind of man I hoped to grow into, was one who kept his word. If he said he would do something. He did it. When he said he wouldn’t. He did not.

What is an honorable man today? I ask because you seem outraged that this fellow was supposed to actually do what he said he would.
Being locked up for 6 months for having an opinion our totalitarian government doesn't agree with can make anyone promise to change their ways in order to get out. It was unfair, if not illegal, for government to make conditions depriving him of his first amendment right.

Being locked up for 6 months for having an opinion our totalitarian government doesn't agree with can make anyone promise to change their ways in order to get out. It was unfair, if not illegal, for government to make conditions depriving him of his first amendment right.

Then every single person put on bail or Parole has had their rights violated haven’t they? Of course, the only way to deprive them of those rights is with due process of law, which is why the Supreme Court has upheld restrictions on behavior as part of bail, and Parole. This is part of that aforementioned process.

For example, people out on Parole or Probation do not have Fourth Amendment protections. Their homes and persons can be searched at any time, for any reason, or no reason, without a warrant.

Parole and Probation Searches: The Aftermath of Griffin V. Wisconsin | Office of Justice Programs

Now, with the sudden furious belief in Civil Rights that the RW has miraculously found I wonder how you all feel about those many decisions of the Courts? Because this restriction is nothing new. Seriously.

As a longtime believer in these Civil Rights, I find the sudden outrage of the RW both funny and troubling. I find it funny that you have suddenly found a right besides the Second that matters. I find it troubling because the ignorance of the system and situation is astonishing.

The problem is propaganda. And that propaganda is flowing almost exclusively from the RW sources that this fellow was supposed to avoid. For example, the claim that he hasn’t been charged with a crime. He’s been charged with Seven crimes, including felonies. Felonies defined as crimes which if convicted result in at least a year in prison, not jail.

Unprecedented restrictions. Not true. Most people have restrictions on what they can do on bail. Especially high profile cases. The more serious the crimes, the more restrictive the conditions of parole, bail, or probation.

So speaking just for myself. I wonder what the RW will declare to be “true” next? Or what outrage they will claim as unprecedented.

The truth is that the ignorance on display does not sway people to your side of the argument. For that your statements need to be based upon facts, and truth. There is little to be found in the outrage de jour from the various CT websites. If you haven’t learned that by now, you should probably just give up and start fashioning the foil hat.

Stop lying.

It's just old and pathetic.

If you had not been so lazy, you would have read the article and learned that yes indeed that man has been charged with crimes.

SEVEN crimes to be exact.

He promised to follow the conditions of his bail and broke his word.

So just like everyone who violates bail, he goes right back to jail.

From the article you were too lazy to read:

View attachment 535709View attachment 535710
Conservatives are consistent in their contempt for the law – whether they’re violating the law or ‘justifying’ those who violate the law.

Forum List

Back