US Backed Terror Campaign

Nonsense. George Washington was a wonderful president.

The fuck he was.

He forcibly conscripted men into the army to involuntarily fight their own countrymen. He went into rural towns and villages and put down tax protestors like dogs. Not to mention he confiscated cannons from militias. Oh, and who could forget that he engaged in human slavery?

We've had good presidents and bad.

We have never had a good president. Only tools, the uneducated, and mindless jingoistic patriots.

Just as any other nation has had. The citizens of America are individuals - there are good people and evil people who live in the world and geographical location does not define who is who. There are wicked rulers and citizens in Yemen too yet I do not find that you are mentioning them.

Were you not listening?

All rulers are evil. It does not matter where they come from or the circumstances of their rule.

That tells me that you are not being honest with yourself. If you cannot be honest with yourself how can you be honest with others?

Don't give me that patronizing bullshit when you are the one stuck in an echo chamber.
:cuckoo:

Seriously mate, just fuck off if you are going to troll. You are a grown ass man, so start acting like one.

The fact of the matter is, if you know what Realpoltik is, we are going to have a new administration, one of these two idiots is going to be president.

Based on this analysis, Trump is better for the situation in Yemen than Hillary.

Hillary Clinton’s war crimes are unforgivable. No real progressive could ever support her.
Hillary Clinton's war crimes are unforgivable. No real progressive could ever support her.
Yemeni blood is on Hillary Clinton’s hands

Yemeni citizens dig graves for those killed as a result of the Saudi invasion. (EPA)

Saudi Arabia’s invasion of Yemen, which started in 2015 and continues today, was made possible with arms purchased by the US government. Since Obama’s presidency, the US has sold approximately $46 billion in arms to the Saudis, with many of those weapons sales greenlighted by Hillary Clinton’s State Department. As US Uncut reported in April, Clinton was particularly focused on making sure the US came through for Saudi Arabia in a 2011 weapons deal. David Sirota of the International Business Times reported that Clinton argued the arms deal was “in the national interest.”

At press conferences in Washington to announce the department’s approval, an assistant secretary of state, Andrew Shapiro, declared that the deal had been “a top priority” for Clinton personally. Shapiro, a longtime aide to Clinton since her Senate days, added that the “U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army have excellent relationships in Saudi Arabia.”

Saudi Arabia is very likely using the weapons acquired from that 2011 exchange to wage brutal bombing campaigns in Yemen. In March, Foreign Policy magazine accused the US and its allies of complicity in war crimes by funding and arming the Saudi regime:

Hundreds of civilians have been killed in airstrikes while asleep in their homes, when going about their daily activities, or in the very places where they had sought refuge from the conflict. The United States, Britain, and others, meanwhile, have continued to supply a steady stream of weaponry and logistical support to Saudi Arabia and its coalition.

This week, the United Nations added the Saudi-led coalition to a blacklist of states and armed groups that violate children’s human rights during conflicts, with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon personally slamming the coalition for killing and maiming Yemeni children.

Hillary Clinton is completely right that Donald Trump is woefully unprepared to take on the responsibilities of Commander-in-Chief. But voters should also be leery of Clinton, who, despite having met with more world leaders than any presidential candidate in US history, is responsible for some of the worst foreign policy blunders of the 21st century.

If you are talking about the Obama's and Clinton's I'm with you. They are pure evil but open your eyes and realize that the majority of Americans want them OUT. FOR GOOD! They don't represent the majority here.

I am not stooping to that partisan bullshit. If you had any sense, you would run that list father down than Clinton and Obama. Every motherfucker that has ever reigned in the White House was evil, going all the way back to George Washington.

All rulers are evil. No one that has political power will ever be anything besides evil. I do not care what the majority wants. I know what I want, and that is for humanity to no longer be subjected to a savage power hierarchy.
Nonsense. George Washington was a wonderful president. We've had good presidents and bad. Just as any other nation has had. The citizens of America are individuals - there are good people and evil people who live in the world and geographical location does not define who is who. There are wicked rulers and citizens in Yemen too yet I do not find that you are mentioning them. That tells me that you are not being honest with yourself. If you cannot be honest with yourself how can you be honest with others?

If you want a history of some really evil men who were in control of countries, look at Russia. Their leaders would make America's look like saints! Purposely starving their own people to death? Gulags, torture chambers, KGB? My nation has no history of such barbarity upon its own citizens, thank God.

The fact of the matter is, if you know what Realpoltik is, we are going to have a new administration, one of these two idiots is going to be president.

Based on this analysis, Trump is better for the situation in Yemen than Hillary.

Hillary Clinton’s war crimes are unforgivable. No real progressive could ever support her.
Hillary Clinton's war crimes are unforgivable. No real progressive could ever support her.
Yemeni blood is on Hillary Clinton’s hands

Yemeni citizens dig graves for those killed as a result of the Saudi invasion. (EPA)

Saudi Arabia’s invasion of Yemen, which started in 2015 and continues today, was made possible with arms purchased by the US government. Since Obama’s presidency, the US has sold approximately $46 billion in arms to the Saudis, with many of those weapons sales greenlighted by Hillary Clinton’s State Department. As US Uncut reported in April, Clinton was particularly focused on making sure the US came through for Saudi Arabia in a 2011 weapons deal. David Sirota of the International Business Times reported that Clinton argued the arms deal was “in the national interest.”

At press conferences in Washington to announce the department’s approval, an assistant secretary of state, Andrew Shapiro, declared that the deal had been “a top priority” for Clinton personally. Shapiro, a longtime aide to Clinton since her Senate days, added that the “U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army have excellent relationships in Saudi Arabia.”

Saudi Arabia is very likely using the weapons acquired from that 2011 exchange to wage brutal bombing campaigns in Yemen. In March, Foreign Policy magazine accused the US and its allies of complicity in war crimes by funding and arming the Saudi regime:

Hundreds of civilians have been killed in airstrikes while asleep in their homes, when going about their daily activities, or in the very places where they had sought refuge from the conflict. The United States, Britain, and others, meanwhile, have continued to supply a steady stream of weaponry and logistical support to Saudi Arabia and its coalition.

This week, the United Nations added the Saudi-led coalition to a blacklist of states and armed groups that violate children’s human rights during conflicts, with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon personally slamming the coalition for killing and maiming Yemeni children.

Hillary Clinton is completely right that Donald Trump is woefully unprepared to take on the responsibilities of Commander-in-Chief. But voters should also be leery of Clinton, who, despite having met with more world leaders than any presidential candidate in US history, is responsible for some of the worst foreign policy blunders of the 21st century.

It should be clear to all Americans by now that the situation in Yemen is part of the long strategy to confront Iran. Realignment of the ME was the purpose of going into Iraq. Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen and what happened in the Ukraine are all interconnected as part of a strategy for the US to maintain global primacy. They are not isolated incidences. The importance of Yemen is the control of the Bab-el-Mandeb Straight. Americans who support Hillary Clinton are supporting the continuation of this strategy which was put into play by the events of 9/11. Americans who support Trump only delude themselves if they think he can or even will try to stop it. The best hope is for an informed American populace, capable of thinking critically and with a moral conviction, to rise up in opposition to it. I won't be holding my breath, Americans are far to shallow and self absorbed.

I think also part of the problem is that North and South Yemen united, with the part that was South Yemen being mainly Sunni, and now fundamentalist terrorist groups are operating there as well.

. The importance of Yemen is the control of the Bab-el-Mandeb Straight.

Even more important is Yemen's historic ability to mobilize large military forces. If any nation in the Middle East has the capacity to defeat Saudi Arabia, it is Yemen.

Shortly after the Saudis intervened, the Yemeni Republican Guard massacred them at the border and pushed into Najran. This is what prompted the saturation bombing campaign to heat up, since if the KSA was incapable of repelling the occupying forces in the south, they had to rely on desperately bombing civilian targets to demoralize and destabilize the rebel controlled territory

If the rebels destroy what remains of the loyalists in the country, they could restore their pre-coup army and easily march on Mecca.

The best hope is for an informed American populace, capable of thinking critically and with a moral conviction, to rise up in opposition to it. I won't be holding my breath, Americans are far to shallow and self absorbed.

Right, well I am with you, but I bet you have some cognitive bias on this as well.

Something tells me you do not rail against Russian imperialism in Chechnya, Dagestan, Georgia, Moldova, Nagorno-Karabahk, Donbass, Crimea, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Armenia, and in the Arctic Circle.

I can't back up those that are not objective, such as Mrs. M. calling the Obama and Clintons power hungry globalists, but at the same time refusing to point the finger at Reagan or the Bush family.

Last edited:
I think also part of the problem is that North and South Yemen united, with the part that was South Yemen being mainly Sunni, and now fundamentalist terrorist groups are operating there as well.

The only fundamentalist terror group of any significance is AQAP, and both the rebels and loyalists are fighting them.

The Southern Resistance made a fragile alliance with the Hadi loyalists when they fled to Aden, but they are not really a notable faction in the conflict. While the media tried to frame it as a sectarian Shiite vs Sunni conflict initially (and many factions treat it as such), the truth is that the rebels had attracted support from both sects of the Islamic religion.

This thread is referencing the thousands of civilians that die under the US backed KSA airstrikes, which in reality have nothing to do with religion, but everything to do with protecting the political hegemony and sovereignty of Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:
. The importance of Yemen is the control of the Bab-el-Mandeb Straight.

Even more important is Yemen's historic ability to mobilize large military forces. If any nation in the Middle East has the capacity to defeat Saudi Arabia, it is Yemen.

Shortly after the Saudis intervened, the Yemeni Republican Guard massacred them at the border and pushed into Najran. This is what prompted the saturation bombing campaign to heat up, since if the KSA was incapable of repelling the occupying forces in the south, they had to rely on desperately bombing civilian targets to demoralize and destabilize the rebel controlled territory

If the rebels destroy what remains of the loyalists in the country, they could restore their pre-coup army and easily march on Mecca.

The best hope is for an informed American populace, capable of thinking critically and with a moral conviction, to rise up in opposition to it. I won't be holding my breath, Americans are far to shallow and self absorbed.

Right, well I am with you, but I bet you have some cognitive bias on this as well.

Something tells me you do not rail against Russian imperialism in Chechnya, Dagestan, Georgia, Moldova, Nagorno-Karabahk, Donbass, Crimea, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Armenia, and in the Arctic Circle.

I can't back up those that are not objective, such as Mrs. M. calling the Obama and Clintons power hungry globalists, but at the same time refusing to point the finger at Reagan or the Bush family.

That isn't really a fair criticism of me considering the fact that I am an American citizen, responding to your American centric topic on an American board. I can assure you that if there are criticism to be leveled against the Russian government I would not be averse to leveling them. However, as it relates to my post regarding the situation in the ME and Ukraine, Russia is very much a target of US strategic planners and are reacting to US provocations.

That isn't really a fair criticism of me considering the fact that I am an American citizen, responding to your American centric topic on an American board. I can assure you that if there are criticism to be leveled against the Russian government I would not be averse to leveling them. However, as it relates to my post regarding the situation in the ME and Ukraine, Russia is very much a target of US strategic planners and are reacting to US provocations.

I apologize if I falsely accused you of having bias. US-Russia relations are based on mutual provocation.

It is obvious that Russia wants to restore themselves as a superpower, and have taken evil actions to serve that ends. It is obvious that the United States wants to maintain world hegemony, and have taken evil actions to serve that ends.

In reality though, the power trade is going to start transcending national borders. It has already happened to a degree.

Whatever the case, this shit has been going on for the entirety of human history.
A statement in which you and I can agree. It's part of human nature in a competition for limited resources.

....The real terrorists are the USA and KSA....
Disagreed. Since you believe this way, what do you plan on doing about it? IMHO, pounding away on a keyboard isn't doing anything of consequence.

A statement in which you and I can agree. It's part of human nature in a competition for limited resources.

First off, human nature is a social construct. It is not natural to bomb thousands of innocents in order to maintain an arbitrary level of political and economic influence.

Artificially manufactured greed surpasses our humanity, IE, our inner spirituality.

Disagreed.

Only because your jingoism and patriotic zeal supersedes your common sense.

Care to justify how what going on is not institutionalized mass terror?

Since you believe this way, what do you plan on doing about it?

Change public perception. Support revolutionaries. Same as always.

I would love to sign on with an NGO that works in Yemen, but I'd need more experience before I would be approved to work in a conflict zone.

IMHO, pounding away on a keyboard isn't doing anything of consequence.

I disagree.

Dozens of unique individuals will read this thread, and I'd say at least half are going to be educated on the atrocities taking place in Yemen going forwarding.

Last edited:

I apologize if I falsely accused you of having bias. US-Russia relations are based on mutual provocation.

It is obvious that Russia wants to restore themselves as a superpower, and have taken evil actions to serve that ends. It is obvious that the United States wants to maintain world hegemony, and have taken evil actions to serve that ends.

In reality though, the power trade is going to start transcending national borders. It has already happened to a degree.
US-Russia relations are based on mutual provocation
Everyone has bias and I don't mind being called on it when it is specifically evident. I didn't care for the generalization.

Sorry but I fail to see the Russian provocation in this. Should they just roll over and let the US have what it wants?

And I have a small problem, nitpicking maybe, with your framing of the conflict in Yemen. Saudi sovereignty isn't being threatened by the Houthis. The Saudis feel threatened by Iran and it's newly acquired influence in the ME.

First off, human nature is a social construct. It is not natural to bomb thousands of innocents in order to maintain an arbitrary level of political and economic influence.....
You are wrong about human nature. The bomb analogy is a social construct because it takes a society to build bombs and means to deliver them, but the willingness to bomb, to preserve oneself or compete for resources is pure human nature. To understand human nature one must understand the difference between nature and nurture, between what is innate and what is taught.

Sorry but I fail to see the Russian provocation in this. Should they just roll over and let the US have what it wants?

No, they should stop colonizing the Caucasus, launching secret invasions into bordering nations, imposing neoimperialist economic control over post soviet states, backing dictators that are Pro-Russia with military and financial support (Belarus/Armenia/Kyrgyzstan), and playing war-games in the arctic circle.

There is credible evidence that the 2008 invasion of Georgia was a false flag, with half the observing organizations directly accusing Russia of pre-planning the invasion (no one educated in military doctrine will deny it either). Only a fool denies that Russia has armed forces in Donbass right now, and even though Putin denied the hell out of it, there is no way there were not vanguard troops in Crimea leading up to the Russian annexation.

There is no way you can justify even half the shit Russia has been pulling. Imperialism does not beget imperialism, and Putin and company have become keen on absolving all the regimes imperialist acts by side shifting unto the US. The useful idiots fall for it of course.

I have no patience for double standards or factionalism.

And I have a small problem, nitpicking maybe, with your framing of the conflict in Yemen. Saudi sovereignty isn't being threatened by the Houthis. The Saudis feel threatened by Iran and it's newly acquired influence in the ME.

The Yemeni army had 400,000 troops relative to Saudi Arabia's 300,000 active duty troops prior to the revolution. The modernized Republican Guard of Yemen rivals the modernized element of the KSA in everything but airpower.

As was demonstrated in this conflict, the Yemeni armed forces could breach the militarized southern border between the two countries, amidst a civil war and invasion nonetheless.

Yeah, I stand by what I said. If any nation could march on Mecca, it would be Yemen.

Last edited:
You are wrong about human nature.

So you are denying that human nature is a social construct? This should be interesting...

The bomb analogy is a social construct because it takes a society to build bombs and means to deliver them, but the willingness to bomb, to preserve oneself or compete for resources is pure human nature. To understand human nature one must understand the difference between nature and nurture, between what is innate and what is taught.

Disappointed. Most of this is not even coherent.

Hatred and factionality are taught. The United States has no shortage of resources, and Yemen is short on exchangeable commodities, food, and water. It is a war of greed, driven by a power complex that produces nothing but suffering.

Were you planning on completely deflecting from the question I posed? How is what is going on in Yemen not a mass institutionalized terror campaign?

No, they should stop colonizing the Caucasus, launching secret invasions into bordering nations, imposing neoimperialist economic control over post soviet states, backing dictators that are Pro-Russia with military and financial support (Belarus/Armenia/Kyrgyzstan), and playing war-games in the arctic circle.

There is credible evidence that the 2008 invasion of Georgia was a false flag, with half the observing organizations directly accusing Russia of pre-planning the invasion (no one educated in military doctrine will deny it either). Only a fool denies that Russia has armed forces in Donbass right now, and even though Putin denied the hell out of it, there is no way there were not vanguard troops in Crimea leading up to the Russian annexation.

There is no way you can justify even half the shit Russia has been pulling. Imperialism does not beget imperialism, and Putin and company have become keen on absolving all the regimes imperialist acts by side shifting unto the US. The useful idiots fall for it of course.

I have no patience for double standards or factionalism.

The Yemeni army had 400,000 troops relative to Saudi Arabia's 300,000 active duty troops prior to the revolution. The modernized Republican Guard of Yemen rivals the modernized element of the KSA in everything but airpower.

As was demonstrated in this conflict, the Yemeni armed forces could breach the militarized southern border between the two countries, amidst a civil war and invasion nonetheless.

Yeah, I stand by what I said. If any nation could march on Mecca, it would be Yemen.

The Saudis have over 650,000 active duty personnel and 200,000 in the national guard. Though they are inexperienced they are well funded and have the backing of the United States. Mecca is safe. Yemen is about undermining Iran, just as US meddling in Ukraine was about undermining Russia.

Thread is moved to Middle East General - too much material that is not compliant with CDZ.

Forum List

Back