Uranium hitting 15-year highs as nuclear power demand surges

Don't be stupid. Nukes exist to sustain endless war. Nothing more. Nuclear power remains dangerous, prohibitively expensive, and ridiculously subsidized. Except for our massive, free fusion reactor in the sky.
Tennessee get 45% of it's electrical power from nuclear power generation, safe and clean.

After years of rhetoric about cutting carbon emissions, many countries are now setting out longer-term ambitions to use nuclear power.

Remote : Sat, 02 Dec 2023 21:55:38 +0000
Local : 2023-12-02(Saturday) 22 : 55 : 38
Found via NicerApp WebOS

FYI, investors.
time to ride the green wave? :)
Nuclear is greenish energy but I wouldn't invest in it. Maybe something further back in the supply line like a uranium mining company

Don't be stupid. Nukes exist to sustain endless war. Nothing more. Nuclear power remains dangerous, prohibitively expensive, and ridiculously subsidized. Except for our massive, free fusion reactor in the sky.

Nuclear power is actually very cheap, safe, and clean. Its only drawback now remains storage and disposal of the spent nuclear rods.

why wouldn't you invest in the rest of the nuclear energy supply chain if i may ask?

I wouldn't invest in a nuclear power plant. They are crazy expensive and never return a profit. Their levelized cost is even higher than carbon capture coal plants.

Tennessee get 45% of it's electrical power from nuclear power generation, safe and clean.
Gee, you sound incredibly like the EIA parroting the TVA. Too cheap to meter! Meanwhile,
and AS Don Safer from the TEC warned the NRC only ten short years ago:

After years of rhetoric about cutting carbon emissions, many countries are now setting out longer-term ambitions to use nuclear power.

Remote : Sat, 02 Dec 2023 21:55:38 +0000
Local : 2023-12-02(Saturday) 22 : 55 : 38
Found via NicerApp WebOS

FYI, investors.
time to ride the green wave? :)
If true...an ambiguous thing....

If its not managed right, nothing is worse than Nuke power.
If it is managed right, it will unlock the keys to the future to everything from EVs to global warming to jobs....

It's utterly stupid to use uranium for power.

Uranium is about as rare as platinum and no one would ever consider burning platinum for power.

Thorium on the other hand is abundant and cheap

Nevermind Uranium mining....
The workers all get exposed to radon gas and die of lung cancer....so do the mine's neighbors.

Gee, you sound incredibly like the EIA parroting the TVA. Too cheap to meter! Meanwhile,
and AS Don Safer from the TEC warned the NRC only ten short years ago:

While I have nothing against wind energy, nuclear in this country has proven itself safe, and consistent. TVA does have wind farms in addition to its many clean hydroelectric dam generating facilities, all producing clean energy as well and navigation, flood control and recreation areas throughout the Tennessee Valley.
Still, nuclear provides greater amounts, clean consistent power whether the wind blows or not. Nuclear is not just for the project my mother worked on, in the Y-12 in Oak Ridge, Tennessee during World War II, and then lived to the ripe old age of 85.
I am not trying to solve your "climate change" problem, but if I were, nuclear would definitely be a large part of the mix, as I was not raised in fear of technology, as you and know safety can be engineered in and maintained, enhancing the ability to supply large amounts of power on demand, safely, no matter the weather or time of day. I am glad TVA has a more enlighten approach to supplying the energy needs in our region, than you do. I doubt ever seeing you on the board of TVA to impose your limited view.

Nuclear power is actually very cheap, safe, and clean. Its only drawback now remains storage and disposal of the spent nuclear rods.
Bury it for now.
In the distant future when we have a safer way into orbit, like perhaps an equatorial elevator, send the waste on a trajectory towards the sun. It would be destroyed long before it even got there.

Nuke plants, as seen in Ukraine, offer every US enemy a target of opportunity for mass casualties with relatively little effort. We don't put missile defense on Nuke plants. Can't afford to.

We can't afford to power all of them either. Uranium WAS mined in Ukraine until Russia invaded. Now the mines sit empty and even the vanadium supplies are running low for steel.

Bury it for now.
In the distant future when we have a safer way into orbit, like perhaps an equatorial elevator, send the waste on a trajectory towards the sun. It would be destroyed long before it even got there.

They encase it on site now for the most part in big casks. They've gotten pretty good about being able to reprocess the waste into new rods. I think last read they are closing in on 90%. That last 10% or so however is super nasty.

What's free about solar? Toxic chemicals galore are used in the production of the solar panels, CO2 by the bazillions of tons is created in the production of the other components that make up those panels, and all for an electrical production efficiency less than that, way less than that, of an ICE powered car.

Your numbers don't add up, and your "green" production poisons brown people all over the third world you damned racist pig.

Nuke plants, as seen in Ukraine, offer every US enemy a target of opportunity for mass casualties with relatively little effort. We don't put missile defense on Nuke plants. Can't afford to.

We can't afford to power all of them either. Uranium WAS mined in Ukraine until Russia invaded. Now the mines sit empty and even the vanadium supplies are running low for steel.
You don't need to use uranium

I am not trying to solve your "climate change" problem, but if I were, nuclear would definitely be a large part of the mix, as I was not raised in fear of technology, as you and know safety can be engineered in and maintained, enhancing the ability to supply large amounts of power on demand, safely, no matter the weather or time of day.
The only thing we have to fear.. is rambling, incoherent straw men!

1701620240954.jpeg

Forum List

Back