Ups driver dies of heat stroke

to all you critics here....i wonder how many of you would last a week doing what they do....i bet not many....

Shit, on my last job there were times I had to unload the entire 53' trailer myself in the blazing hot sun with the high humidity we often get here in the summer. For 83K a year, a lot of people would tolerate the job.

I guess that would depend on where you live. Here in Ohio you can do okay at 50K a year.
Plus, if you’re a high school graduate with no job skills, you share an apartment or townhouse with someone in a similar situation. Heck, that’s what most college grads do for a number of years when they first start out.

This liberal sense of entitlement is killing the country. Where is it written that a 22-year-old with a high school diploma and no real job skills gets his own apartment?

I had an Engineering Tech back in the early 1980s that was making about $27K a year, which was not bad.

He quit and went to work for UPS or Fed Ex, I don't remember which.

He told me he almost doubled his salary. I saw him a few years ago and was retired and living well.

I had an Engineering Tech back in the early 1980s that was making about $27K a year, which was not bad.

He told me he almost doubled his salary. I saw him a few years ago and was retired and living well.
I remember something similar, also the early 80s. I was making about $20k, with my college degree, which was good enough for my own apartment. A co-worker told me her boyfriend worked for Fed Ex and was earning $40k.

They pay these poor folks next to zero and many don’t even have AC or heat

F ups
They're paid extremely well, and UPS is considered on of the best companies in the world to work for, with exceptionally high employee satisfaction.

You may want to look into your profound attraction to negativity & false beliefs.

AT&T is notorious for not giving a shit about their line workers. No safety training. And the number of techs I have seen working without fall protection still boggles my mind.
That’s a flat out lie. I’ve seen techs suspended for safety violations as small as not wearing gloves when climbing a pole. ATT buys good safety equipment and insists it be used. I spent thirty five years working for it as a tech.

That’s a flat out lie. I’ve seen techs suspended for safety violations as small as not wearing gloves when climbing a pole. ATT buys good safety equipment and insists it be used. I spent thirty five years working for it as a tech.

Not in Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. I have seen men working without fall protection, literally, hundreds of times.

everything. Unless you think the value of the CEO's labor is 500 times more than that of their average employee

If the company thinks so, I think so.

If you operate a drill press for a living at $20.00 an hour, it means your employer is selling your work for around $40.00 an hour. if a CEO is making a million bucks a year, it's likely he's bringing in 2 million a year.

Your wages are not determined by what somebody else in the company makes, your wages are determined by how much your employer would have to pay another person to do your job and quality of work you do if you left the company.

When I was working, I was surprised at how many other drivers I ran into that had a college degree. They all told me they chose trucking because it paid better than their chosen career in college.

Plus, if you’re a high school graduate with no job skills, you share an apartment or townhouse with someone in a similar situation. Heck, that’s what most college grads do for a number of years when they first start out.

This liberal sense of entitlement is killing the country. Where is it written that a 22-year-old with a high school diploma and no real job skills gets his own apartment?

it's a liberal myth. Back when I got into the workforce in the later 70's, I worked several minimum wage full-time jobs. It wasn't until I gained enough experience that I was offered a better paying job and was finally able to get my first apartment at the age of 20. The only reason I could afford an apartment is because the job I accepted was a six day a week job, and it's the OT that allowed me to afford it.

Today liberals think that low paying work not providing a livable wage is something new. It's been going on for generations.

I tried to get a UPS job. It was nearly impossible back then. Same thing with being a postal carrier. You just about had to know somebody to get a job like that. Today, both entities can't find enough workers and will hire just about anybody willing to do the work.

Shit, on my last job there were times I had to unload the entire 53' trailer myself in the blazing hot sun with the high humidity we often get here in the summer. For 83K a year, a lot of people would tolerate the job.
ray those guys just like i did in the PO, work against the clock,routes are timed........if you cant keep up the pace and get done in the allotted time, you are probably gone.....sure anyone can do the job,but can they do it in the time they want you to do it....ill say only some .....

there is fast pace office and fast pace outside.....2 different things.......
Well if you can’t keep up with the fast-paced outside, then you find an inside job. This is how the free market works.

Also, what makes you think fast-paced in an office is so easy? I have had unbelievable fast-paced jobs where I was required to handle many things at once, and still perform well. That is how life is.

Forum List

Back