UPDATE: Friends, relative say Blackfoot mom killed by toddler was a gun person

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
I guess I don't care if people carry although I truly believe they do so more over paranoia then real threat.

My observations.
1. Everyone has a right to own guns.
2. Everyone should show they use common sense and good gun control, this woman did not do either.
3. If you wish to conceal and carry that does not mean in your purse it means on your person. Sorry if the gun is too big to hide, either leave it home or buy a smaller gun.

Here is what her father said, do you think it is being responsible for a deadly weapon to leave it where a 2 year old can have access? I sure don't and this type of story does more harm to gun owners then Obama has done.

"They are painting Veronica as irresponsible, and that is not the case," he said. ". . . I brought my son up around guns, and he has extensive experience shooting it. And Veronica had had handgun classes; they’re both licensed to carry, and this wasn’t just some purse she had thrown her gun into."

Read more here: HAYDEN Idaho UPDATE Friends relative say Blackfoot mom killed by toddler was a gun person State wire Idahostatesman.com

I feel very sorry for her father, he is in a state of denial. Sooner or later, he will have to face up to the fact that his daughter's criminal negligence cost her her life. First, the gun should not have been in the purse where the child had access. That in itself is criminal negligence. Second, there should not have been a round in the chamber. It only takes a second to chamber a round, and the sound of that action has a sobering effect on even the worst of humans. An unneccessary tragedy caused by stupidity and criminal negligence.

I feel very sorry for her father, he is in a state of denial. Sooner or later, he will have to face up to the fact that his daughter's criminal negligence cost her her life. First, the gun should not have been in the purse where the child had access. That in itself is criminal negligence. Second, there should not have been a round in the chamber. It only takes a second to chamber a round, and the sound of that action has a sobering effect on even the worst of humans. An unneccessary tragedy caused by stupidity and criminal negligence.
The woman may have been a responsible gun owner 99% of the time; however, all it takes is one time being irresponsible for a tragedy like this to happen.

The woman may have been a responsible gun owner 99% of the time; however, all it takes is one time being irresponsible for a tragedy like this to happen.

99.9 is not good enough.

Criminal negligence? Cite the state statute pertaining specifically to the concealed carry mom that was killed.

The following is an example of one state's statute defining criminal negligence:

''A person acts with 'criminal negligence' with respect to a result or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense when he fails to perceive a substantial and unjustifiable risk that such result will occur or that such circumstance exists. The risk must be of such nature and degree that the failure to perceive it constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care that a reasonable person would observe in the situation.''

Criminal Negligence Law Legal Definition

I simply don't care & I see absolutely no relevance to politics or law.

Accidents happen

I thought the 2nd amendment was big talk around here.

I don't consider this an accident. An accident is someone T boning you at a stop sign. Pulling a gun from your unguarded purse and shooting you in the head is not an accident, regardless of the age.

But if you want to call it an accident then fine, but it certainly was an accident that should have been prevented. THAT we can all learn from.

The mom was a nuclear scientist by the way, obviously she was not dumb, she slipped up on this occasion and it's something that hopefully many gun owners will learn from.

Anyone who carries a weapon that isn't ready to fire is a fool. When I carry, and I am licensed to do so, I always have a round chambered.

Accidents happen

I thought the 2nd amendment was big talk around here.

I don't consider this an accident. An accident is someone T boning you at a stop sign. Pulling a gun from your unguarded purse and shooting you in the head is not an accident, regardless of the age.

But if you want to call it an accident then fine, but it certainly was an accident that should have been prevented. THAT we can all learn from.
This incident has NOTHING to do with the 2nd amendment. It has nothing to with anything really.

She exercised poor judgment & as a result is dead. What the fuck else do you guys want?
It's not a fucking political issue it's a tragic accident that could have been prevented. Give it a rest

She exercised poor judgment & as a result is dead. What the fuck else do you guys want?
It's not a fucking political issue it's a tragic accident that could have been prevented. Give it a rest

You don't think or understand how this hurts the gun rights groups? Really? What if, instead of his mother, the child would have blown away a store clerk? Letting a child near a gun is very, very bad gun control and it is the gun control everyone needs to apply before the government thinks they have to subject gun owners to even more regulations. EVERYONE needs to hear about her and take precautions that their paranoia doesn't override their common sense.

Accidents happen

Of course you don't want to hear about it.

And of course we have to listed to thousands of post claiming what a great thing it is to be armed and dangerous.
And you have no problem reading all that bullshit.

But as soon as the folly of thinking everyone should be armed is brought out and discussed, all of a sudden it isn't such a good thing to talk about.

Funny shit.

It's a tragic accident that the gun nutters promote all the time. See the difference? Somewhere along the line, this young woman was convinced that she needed to be armed while shopping at Walmart. It was her right to be armed. At Walmart.

Who in the fuck do you think gave her that idea? The Democrat gun nutters? Or the Republican gun nutters?
There, we just made this about politics.

You don't think or understand how this hurts the gun rights groups? Really? What if, instead of his mother, the child would have blown away a store clerk? Letting a child near a gun is very, very bad gun control and it is the gun control everyone needs to apply before the government thinks they have to subject gun owners to even more regulations. EVERYONE needs to hear about her and take precautions that their paranoia doesn't override their common sense.
People like you are far more dangerous than a careless armed citizen. You want government to try to micromanage all of our safety, dumbing ever freedom down to accommodate the lowest common denominator. If people back over their kids people like you want to legislate rear view cameras. People like you will never be satisfied because the world cannot be made idiot proof. If some asshole pulls a knife on me I want the ability to have the upper hand regardless of someone else's misuse of a gun. If a doper or drunk plows into school kids in a crosswalk I still want to be able to drive a vehicle without a drug/alcohol testing procedure.

It's a tragic accident that the gun nutters promote all the time. See the difference? Somewhere along the line, this young woman was convinced that she needed to be armed while shopping at Walmart. It was her right to be armed. At Walmart.

Who in the fuck do you think gave her that idea? The Democrat gun nutters? Or the Republican gun nutters?
There, we just made this about politics.
So a fundamental freedom protected by the US Constitution is and idea some Republican gun nut gave her? Your posts are actually getting dumber and dumber.

People like you are far more dangerous than a careless armed citizen. You want government to try to micromanage all of our safety, dumbing ever freedom down to accommodate the lowest common denominator. If people back over their kids people like you want to legislate rear view cameras. People like you will never be satisfied because the world cannot be made idiot proof. If some asshole pulls a knife on me I want the ability to have the upper hand regardless of someone else's misuse of a gun. If a doper or drunk plows into school kids in a crosswalk I still want to be able to drive a vehicle without a drug/alcohol testing procedure.

Actually you got it ass backwards. I never said the government should do anything. My point is that this woman exercised very poor gun control. Which does a disserice to we gun owners more so then anything Obama has done. I don't want the government getting any more involved but things like this are what causes the government to make even more regulations. I will admit that a conceal carry permit should mean on one's body on in a shopping cart with a 2 year old.

Forum List

Back