Unprecedented plunge in Fourth of July gas prices

I do not agree with your statement that the POTUS has no effect on gas prices- policy has a great deal of impact on energy development and expectations of producers.

I did not say they had no effect, it does not have to be an all or nothing situation. But you cannot blame higher prices where you are on the POTUS when they are going down around most of the country. The POTUS has no way to just impact your tiny part of the country.

I have not commented once on the cause of inflation and do not belong to any tribe. I have posted data on the timeframe in response to citygator's EPI piece, and I posted the gas price we pay where I live in response to your OP. It has not gone down one penny here.

It is not my OP, do at least try to keep these things straight

I did not say they had no effect, it does not have to be an all or nothing situation. But you cannot blame higher prices where you are on the POTUS when they are going down around most of the country. The POTUS has no way to just impact your tiny part of the country.
Nice strawman, does he have a name? I made no "all or nothing" statements, nor did I blame Biden for the high cost of gasoline in Washington. Inslee deserves most of the credit for that.

Lower gas prices are everywhere for the big travel weekend for the 4th of July. This is good news for Americans and good news for the Biden administration as this time of year is typically peak gas pricing for the year. Even lower prices are in the future. Bidenomics taking root. : )

Fourth of July gas prices take an almost unprecedented plunge | CNN Business

And yet gasoline prices are much lower. The national average for regular gasoline dipped to $3.55 a gallon on Thursday, according to AAA. A year ago, a gallon of regular sold for an average of $4.87 a gallon. That kind of price drop is almost unprecedented.

During the week ending June 26, the average gas price was $3.57 a gallon, according to the US Energy Information Administration. That’s down by $1.30, or 27%, from the same period last year.

This is the second-biggest one-year price drop in the week before the Fourth of July since EIA data began 33 years ago, according to John LaForge, who leads real asset strategy for the Wells Fargo Investment Institute. The only bigger 12-month drop occurred during a historic downturn: the Great Recession. Gas prices plunged by $1.45 a gallon, or 35%, between June 30, 2008 and June 29, 2009.
leftist are easy to confuse,,

around here thats high for gas by at least a buck fifty,,

Not around here. Stop fucking lying.
Spokane, WA
Thirty miles away in Coeur d'Alene, ID
Biden sucks. So do his minions, Inslee, Brown and Newsom.

Spokane, WA
Thirty miles away in Coeur d'Alene, ID
Biden sucks. So do his minions, Inslee, Brown and Newsom.
How is it Biden’s fault when it’s $2.89 about 5 miles from my house?
7C403ECA-2EC0-452B-B648-E5C1B57B45D4.jpeg

Reality: The Feds printed a ton-o-Covidbucks causing spike in inflation. Prices are coming down because the money printing press has slowed. Today, gas prices are still far higher than they were in 2019 (I'm excluding the low prices of 2020 due to the Covid lockdown recession).

View attachment 800237
It is clear you folks are not on the west coast. Gas has been rising here in WA and ID for the past three weeks.

Lower gas prices are everywhere for the big travel weekend for the 4th of July. This is good news for Americans and good news for the Biden administration as this time of year is typically peak gas pricing for the year. Even lower prices are in the future. Bidenomics taking root. : )

And yet gasoline prices are much lower. The national average for regular gasoline dipped to $3.55 a gallon on Thursday, according to AAA. A year ago, a gallon of regular sold for an average of $4.87 a gallon. That kind of price drop is almost unprecedented.

During the week ending June 26, the average gas price was $3.57 a gallon, according to the US Energy Information Administration. That’s down by $1.30, or 27%, from the same period last year.

This is the second-biggest one-year price drop in the week before the Fourth of July since EIA data began 33 years ago, according to John LaForge, who leads real asset strategy for the Wells Fargo Investment Institute. The only bigger 12-month drop occurred during a historic downturn: the Great Recession. Gas prices plunged by $1.45 a gallon, or 35%, between June 30, 2008 and June 29, 2009.
Oh my goodness Biden doing his best to get gas at an all time high

Nope Biden did it because we were independent from Saudi oil there years ago
Only at a certain price point. Oil is fungible. They cut production and refiners are ass raping their clients (us with above average margins).

Well according to the government EIA data,
the average gas price For June 2023 was $3.68 a gallon
The average price for July 2023 was $3.71 per gallon.
The average price for August 2023 was $3.95 per gallon.
Again I've provided the actual links to the below data....i.e. EIA...

Gaspricesasof090223.png

Forum List

Back