University Professors: Urgent Call To Act By Midnight January 31 2019 Norway Time

And another thing....simply presenting your insurance card doesn't make you responsible for their healthcare,,,,,why didnt she face same problem at the hospital she did at the clinic.....not to mention when the insurance company got billed it should have been rejected since person wasn't covered......
You are actually making a case for awarding her the Prize on a world stage; without even realizing why. Which ironically is why she may have a shot at the prize.
Think the issue I'm addressing is woeful state of news reporting.....If I hand you my license you aren't cleared to drive...….

Think the issue I'm addressing is woeful state of news reporting.....If I hand you my license you aren't cleared to drive...….
Except that’s a false comparison. The boy doesn’t need special skills to take the meds he was tested to receive. Nor does his taking them as directed put others in danger.

Except that’s a false comparison. The boy doesn’t need special skills to take the meds he was tested to receive. Nor does his taking them as directed put others in danger.
Except its noted who is and isn't covered.....

You are defending the exact red tape that may be the cause of the woman winning the Prize on the world stage. The point of the nomination is sailing right over the top of your head.

Half of the story is missing....the guardian couldn't be bothered to go along to DR......something stinks in this story...….why didnt she call in the child protective police......
It says in the article she didn't want him to be taken into the foster care system. At his age, I agree with her.
That doesn't cover the guardian...……...why wouldn't you want a kid removed from a home that was unmoved by their suffering, Was she having an affair with him? Is there in fact a guardian at all?
You argument would not have mattered one whit in trying to solve the problem of getting that kid treated for a serious illness on the day.

But in answer to your question, the kid is 17. At that age, the foster system is getting ready to cut kids loose. Unless it is a dire emergency, CPS isn't going to take a 17 year old into custody.
So her fear was unfounded......ooooops
And the child would have remained untreated. Double oops. You're missing my point.

You are defending the exact red tape that may be the cause of the woman winning the Prize on the world stage. The point of the nomination is sailing right over the top of your head.
Sil, I think it's crazy to think the woman should get a prize for insurance fraud, but I get why she did it. Getting caught and making her pay the price is fair. I agree with you, though, that the system at the clinics was too blindly inflexible.

Half of the story is missing....the guardian couldn't be bothered to go along to DR......something stinks in this story...….why didnt she call in the child protective police......
It says in the article she didn't want him to be taken into the foster care system. At his age, I agree with her.
That doesn't cover the guardian...……...why wouldn't you want a kid removed from a home that was unmoved by their suffering, Was she having an affair with him? Is there in fact a guardian at all?
You argument would not have mattered one whit in trying to solve the problem of getting that kid treated for a serious illness on the day.

But in answer to your question, the kid is 17. At that age, the foster system is getting ready to cut kids loose. Unless it is a dire emergency, CPS isn't going to take a 17 year old into custody.
So her fear was unfounded......ooooops
And the child would have remained untreated. Double oops. You're missing my point.
Something you cant know.....,,,,why aren't you interested in the whole story

Not defending red tape at all,,,,there are sound reasons strangers cant take your kid to the DR. we dont know most of the story.,,,,,

Sil, I think it's crazy to think the woman should get a prize for insurance fraud, but I get why she did it. Getting caught and making her pay the price is fair. I agree with you, though, that the system at the clinics was too blindly inflexible.
The Prize would be for her valor & what she risked vs an entrenched policy of oppression in a government. This is exactly the wheelhouse of the Nobel Prize system.

Add to that nearly every developed nation criticizes the US for our inhumane healthcare system & this woman may have a shot.

Obama got the Prize for just tanning well, so I don’t think its that farfetched she should get one for actually doing something extraordinary.

Not defending red tape at all,,,,there are sound reasons strangers cant take your kid to the DR. we dont know most of the story.,,,,,
Agreed. So let the Committee do their homework?

I knew a 60 year old man who married his grandson's 18 year old best friend just to get him insurance for medical care.

It happens.
Bill Wyman?
Who?
Former bassist with The Rolling Stones. He married a young girl whose mother married his son. He became his own grandfather as a result.
Tale of two pedophiles. Ok. Off topic I guess. Sorry I asked.

Forum List

Back