Unionise and fight for your family

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Everlane is the latest millennial brand to face allegations of unfair treatment of workers

Last week, Everlane’s Customer Experience team announced that it was unionizing. The team, which is comprised entirely of part-time workers, felt that they were being treated unfairly by the company which has branded itself as radically transparent and ethical. The Customer Experience team is responsible for handling everything from fit recommendations to tracking lost packages.

“We are a remote, part-time Customer Experience team for an industry-leading fashion E-commerce brand,” the union statement, which was posted to Twitter, said. “We are uniting our voices to ask for a negotiated contract that includes terms commensurate with the vital role we play as the outward face of the company.”

In their statement, and in comments made to Vice, team members said that they were given inconsistent and inflexible hours, low pay, and unclear objectives. Because they worked remotely, the team was unable to consistently communicate with each other.

Its heartening to see people stand up and be heard. This is the America we know and love.

At the end of the article:
In a statement to Mic, Everlane stated that they believed in “transparency and the right of all of our employees to be heard.”

“We missed the mark in this instance, and regret that. We need to do a better job communicating with our remote team and offering them more opportunities,” the statement continued. “We are working quickly to improve their experience, including offering full-time roles and creating a clearer path for continued conversation. We're working to do better.”

Unions are no longer relevant...

divorce-home-v2.jpg

At the end of the article:
In a statement to Mic, Everlane stated that they believed in “transparency and the right of all of our employees to be heard.”

“We missed the mark in this instance, and regret that. We need to do a better job communicating with our remote team and offering them more opportunities,” the statement continued. “We are working quickly to improve their experience, including offering full-time roles and creating a clearer path for continued conversation. We're working to do better.”
Looks like they have learned their lesson. Unity is strength.

Looks like they have learned their lesson. Unity is strength.
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link- the weak link in your chain was not posting the response-

I could take issue with other alleged issues in the article but I'll let what I posted suffice since it isn't my company.

Everlane is the latest millennial brand to face allegations of unfair treatment of workers

Last week, Everlane’s Customer Experience team announced that it was unionizing. The team, which is comprised entirely of part-time workers, felt that they were being treated unfairly by the company which has branded itself as radically transparent and ethical. The Customer Experience team is responsible for handling everything from fit recommendations to tracking lost packages.

“We are a remote, part-time Customer Experience team for an industry-leading fashion E-commerce brand,” the union statement, which was posted to Twitter, said. “We are uniting our voices to ask for a negotiated contract that includes terms commensurate with the vital role we play as the outward face of the company.”

In their statement, and in comments made to Vice, team members said that they were given inconsistent and inflexible hours, low pay, and unclear objectives. Because they worked remotely, the team was unable to consistently communicate with each other.

Its heartening to see people stand up and be heard. This is the America we know and love.

Why not get a job and make yourself valuable to the company?

If employees want to unionize or not it is up to each person. I myself worked at one job that had a union and I didn’t care for it. To each his own but I would leave a company if it ever unionized.

If employees want to unionize or not it is up to each person. I myself worked at one job that had a union and I didn’t care for it. To each his own but I would leave a company if it ever unionized.
That is fair enough I suppose. Would you then move to a company that has great pay and benefits ? Benefits that Unions have fought for.

That is fair enough I suppose. Would you then move to a company that has great pay and benefits ? Benefits that Unions have fought for.

Actually, here in America, the Private Sector is 93% Scab, and Big Labor bosses have never set foot in most work places.

As far as the "allegations" of "unfair" treatment, that's just Standard Operating Procedure in America when Big Labor bosses decide to target an employer for destruction. Doesn't really mean shit. Just part of their chatter to get public approval to take over a business and start skimming the payroll.

Or better yet?
The company moves to a right to work state as has been happening.

I don't care much for unions. Was in one in a warehouse while in school. All they ever did was tell me to slow down so the company would have to hire more of their union members. They were the biggest bunch of slackers I ever ran into.

If they are unionized, I wouldn't work for them. I'd look for a non-unionized company with great pay and benefits. To be fair at this point in my career I am in management so I wouldn't be able to work for a union.

If someone wants to work for a union, I have no problem. I am against collective bargaining for state and federal employees. They should not be allowed to hold taxpayers hostage.

Good for them, I guess.

This is a US board. Use the letter “z”.

That makes unions a bad thing? Trump stole more than that from his own Foundation that was shut down.
Retired at 53 with medical, pension and a 40K buyout. Damn that USWA for making my life so miserable!
Chump!

Yes, those are MEMBERS money being squandered you fucking moron. Instead of spending 60 grand on cigars(!) that money could have been used for child care or something else to help the members.

You rail about trump but dont give a shit about the blatant corruption right in front of your fucking nose.

Part time workers claim they were treated unfairly? How does that work? CNBC estimates that over 7 million full time jobs have gone unfilled this year. The only thing that unions seem to accomplish lately is lavish retirement for union leaders while they bankrupt small businesses and municipalities.

Forum List

Back