"Unfathomable": Reporter Breaks Down Two Key Gaps In Police Response

You aren't very good at this. Number one, I am not panicked. Number two, I drive a strong car so that if there is an accident the passenger compartment isn't compromised.

Just like a school should have a strong student compartment, that isn't easily compromised.

Oh so people in strong cars never get injured or die in car accidents? Do you have a stat on that? Because wow, that should be plastered all over their advertising. Don't you think?

You aren't very good at this. Number one, I am not panicked. Number two, I drive a strong car so that if there is an accident the passenger compartment isn't compromised.

Just like a school should have a strong student compartment, that isn't easily compromised.

And by the way, I'm not arguing against ALL safety measures for schools. I'm arguing against measures that might cause children damage. Like turning schools into prison yards.

You put your child at risk by putting your child in a car. You have reasonably concluded that the risk is worth it, and have taken safety measures. Good. Now let's apply some reason to the decisions about schools.

Oh so people in strong cars never get injured or die in car accidents? Do you have a stat on that? Because wow, that should be plastered all over their advertising. Don't you think?

Like I said, you aren't very good at this. People who buy good cars are much more likely to survive an accident.

Schools, that have a hardened exterior are much more likely to not have a school shooting.

Do you get where I am going?

And by the way, I'm not arguing against ALL safety measures for schools. I'm arguing against measures that might cause children damage. Like turning schools into prison yards.

You put your child at risk by putting your child in a car. You have reasonably concluded that the risk is worth it, and have taken safety measures. Good. Now let's apply some reason to the decisions about schools.

Yes, let's. You immediately jump to the prison yard. That is asinine.

Yes, let's. You immediately jump to the prison yard. That is asinine.

Post #134. Your words--if it keeps kids safe I don't GAF what it looks like.

If I'm not very good at this, you REALLY suck.

ETA: that kind of wording "If it keeps kids safe", is the virtual signaling, the moral posturing we saw in Covid from liberals--"if it saves one life". Sure sure we know, you're a great person cause you care. Okay. But what it led to is a whole lot of destruction. I am telling you. We are headed down that same road with school precautions because we love to virtue signal too apparently.

Post #134. Your words--if it keeps kids safe I don't GAF what it looks like.

If I'm not very good at this, you REALLY suck.

Which I don't. Build a school like a Roman villa. The exterior looks like shit, but the interior is nice.

One or two ways in, blank wall around the exterior, but the interior is a garden.

See how easy that was?

The exterior looks are immaterial. What matters is inside.

Which I don't. Build a school like a Roman villa. The exterior looks like shit, but the interior is nice.

One or two ways in, blank wall around the exterior, but the interior is a garden.

See how easy that was?

The exterior looks are immaterial. What matters is inside.

Think really hard about another disaster--one hot and red--that would prohibit just one or two doors for, say, 400 children.

By law, prohibit. Also, by common sense.

Think really hard about another disaster--one hot and red--that would prohibit just one or two doors for, say, 400 children.

By law, prohibit. Also, by common sense.

Yeah, they gather in the GARDEN. Do you not know what a villa looks like?

They are open plan. They can be huge. Picture several acres of open field in the interior for game fields, pools and the like. The rooms are built around the edges, no windows at the back, but completely open in the front.

If a fire breaks out it is contained to the room and the kids gather in the fields.

You are thinking small.

Think big.

Yeah, they gather in the GARDEN. Do you not know what a villa looks like?

They are open plan. They can be huge. Picture several acres of open field in the interior for game fields, pools and the like. The rooms are built around the edges, no windows at the back, but completely open in the front.

If a fire breaks out it is contained to the room and the kids gather in the fields.

You are thinking small.

Think big.

Right so you got caught at one or two doors and so now imagine that the hundreds of thousands of school buildings will be torn down all over the USA (!!) and these whatever gardens will be built.

Suuuuuuuuure they will. Sure.

1653737637527.png

Right so you got caught at one or two doors and so now imagine that the hundreds of thousands of school buildings will be torn down all over the USA (!!) and these whatever gardens will be built.

Suuuuuuuuure they will. Sure.

View attachment 650943

No, that's not what I am saying. What I postulated was an ideal, just like what you postulated was an opposite vision.

Your vision is of a prison. Mine is not. But I think we can both agree that making simple adjustments would make school shootings a lot harder.

Now don't you?

No, that's not what I am saying. What I postulated was an ideal, just like what you postulated was an opposite vision.

Your vision is of a prison. Mine is not. But I think we can both agree that making simple adjustments would make school shootings a lot harder.

Now don't you?

Yes--and tragically, those had already been taken. Those steps. the doors to the outside were supposed to remain locked and closed. They had school resource officers. Etc.

My point is and will be: how far should we take school safety? Just like Covid safety it can be taken too far and have detrimental effects. "I will do anything to keep kids safe" is just as short-sighted and frankly dangerous as "if it saves one life..."

Sane, reasonable people do not live like that. We can't. Life has risks.

Here's one of them threatening a parent outside of the school with a taser.
View attachment 650144

Look at this fuck. He's got the glasses. The tactical vest. The gun he apparently only uses at the range, and a taser for concerned parents crying for their children being killed.

He's got everything except a pair of balls, and back bone.

Wow.

How easy is it for you to sit in judgement of the police.

Do you know EVERYTHING that was going on at the time ?

I doubt it.

He spoke the truth. The Governor now is a liar and trying to cover his ass. As the kids were dying he was preparing to make guns easier to get and promised this at the NRA Festival this coming weekend in Texas.
They should be more desirable to get, but this is only by good people in hopes to protect themselves from the bull crap our nation is producing and influencing these days. Yes make them easier for good people to get, but at the same time closing the doors/loopholes that allows bad people to slip through the cracks or walk boldly through the doors that good people never intended for them to get through with them.

"Where was that [Uvalde Police Department] S.W.A.T. team in the hour while they were waiting for the Border Patrol tactical team to come?" he asked. "It's really just unfathomable, and law enforcement officials who are watching this across the country, as Tom Winter said earlier on the air, are aghast at what happened here."

"Ms. Gomez, a farm supervisor, said that she was one of numerous parents who began encouraging—first politely, and then with more urgency—police and other law enforcement to enter the school. After a few minutes, she said, federal marshals approached her and put her in handcuffs, telling her she was being arrested for intervening in an active investigation," the newspaper reported. "Ms. Gomez convinced local Uvalde police officers whom she knew to persuade the marshals to set her free. Around her, the scene was frantic. She said she saw a father tackled and thrown to the ground by police and a third pepper-sprayed. Once freed from her cuffs, Ms. Gomez made her distance from the crowd, jumped the school fence, and ran inside to grab her two children. She sprinted out of the school with them."

Defund the police? You god damn right. Worthless fucks.

The Teachers Put Their Lives On The Line To Protect The Kids, When The Police Wouldn't

Remember That The Next Time We're Discussing Who To Fund
Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater. Anyone who says “defund the police” and runs amok with it is making a generalized statement that hurts the good along with the bad. Don’t do it, you aren’t helping oust the individuals (people who do not have what it takes to be a police officer) for their personal accountability.

We should judge police officers for their individual actions in all matters, not spread blame without specific names. There could of course be lax attitudes “at the top” who do not properly prepare and train their officers to react with speed and accuracy when faced with these horrendous events. These higher-ups also qualify as individuals who should lose their jobs when negligent.

Forum List

Back