"Unfathomable": Reporter Breaks Down Two Key Gaps In Police Response

Cops aren't ever going to call in artillery, or an air strike.
You just moved the goalposts in our discussion. Artillery and air strikes were never a part of our discussion. Why can't we have armed security inside schools? Why can't we train officers and provide vests for them? Why shouldn't we train teachers and have active shooter drills in our schools? We already have fire drills. Can we discuss instead of playing the Dozens?

Nice false over-politicized reach.
"false over-politicized"? That is ludicrous!
LINK: Mitch McConnell under fire for saying top priority is making Obama one-term president

WASHINGTON — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell came under sharp attack from the White House and Democrats Tuesday for saying that his top priority in the next Congress is to ensure that President Barack Obama serves only one term.

The Kentucky Republican made the statement during an interview with National Journal. But it's a variation on a line he has been using as he has stumped the country on behalf of Republican candidates in advance of the Nov. 2 midterm election.

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president," he said in the interview.

"In a speech at the Heritage Foundation, Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) didn't yield an inch on his position that the main job of congressional Republican leadership is to prevent President Obama's re-election."

And now McConnell and the Republican Senators with one or two exceptions (as one or two Democrats) have not allowed the House of Rep. bills to come to an up or down vote.

You just moved the goalposts in our discussion. Artillery and air strikes were never a part of our discussion.
Calls for fire and air support are tactics 201. Just like setting up an L shaped ambush, an anti-armor ambush, movement to contact, etc.

Cops only need to know basic fire and maneuver techniques.

Calls for fire and air support are tactics 201. Just like setting up an L shaped ambush, an anti-armor ambush, movement to contact, etc.

Cops only need to know basic fire and maneuver techniques.
Yes, I realize that but, how about vests and letting them have AR15s? Along with active shooter training. Also, as I said, active shooter drills in schools, trained armed security inside and outside the schools maybe even single point entry with man trap. Establish barriers and retaliation. This guy walked in a door that was propped open by a teacher. It should have at least been closed and locked. Sure he could have shot it open but it would have at least slow his progression.

Last edited:
That's not what was reported. They said they did not have the equipment and had to call SWAT which apparently took 40 minutes. If they were properly equipped and trained, they could have at least held the shooter at bay until SWAT arrived. Keep the guy distracted, etc. There were 19 officers standing outside who were told to stand down. The director of Public Safety admitted there was an error in the response. The tactical team was prevented from entering the building by local officers as well.

Last edited:
This happens in war.
Not so much in everyday life in 2022 when teams of lawyers eviscerate both right and what they judge as wrong responses.
Maybe we need to kill all of the lawyers??
If the situation were a bunch of adults, I could go with your sensibilities but these were CHILDREN. No one should wear the badge if they aren't willing to sacrifice for children. These men acted shamefully and if they're the measure of most cops in America today, they'll be far more likely to "just follow orders" in case of a gun grab or other kind of unconstitutional order. IOW, they will themselves become to target of the hate for government.

That's not what was reported. They said they did not have the equipment and had to call SWAT which apparently took 40 minutes. If they were properly equipped and trained, they could have at least held the shooter at bay until SWAT arrived. Keep the guy distracted, etc. There were 19 officers standing outside who were told to stand down. The director of Public Safety admitted there was an error in the response. The tactical team was prevented from entering the building by local officers as well.

And how would they do that with the scum barricaded in a locked room and now way to tell how many kids were alive in there? They thought they were dealing with a hostage situation. This was an 'error' only in hindsight and Monday Morning quarterbacking.

Yes, I realize that but, how about vests and letting them have AR15s? Along with active shooter training. Also, as I said, active shooter drills in schools, trained armed security inside and outside the schools maybe even single point entry with man trap. Establish barriers and retaliation. This guy walked in a door that was propped open by a teacher. It should have at least been closed and locked. Sure he could have shot it open but it would have at least slow his progression.

1. Schools can't get lunch and recess aides. Or bus drivers. Where you gonna find all this "armed security" for 130K buildings?

2. Think really hard whether you want our schools to literally look like guarded prisons. You might be keeping kids temporarily "safe" while creating more mentally ill shooters. Overreactions in the name of "safety" have consequences. See: Covid.

1. Schools can't get lunch and recess aides. Or bus drivers. Where you gonna find all this "armed security" for 130K buildings?

2. Think really hard whether you want our schools to literally look like guarded prisons. You might be keeping kids temporarily "safe" while creating more mentally ill shooters. Overreactions in the name of "safety" have consequences. See: Covid.

Yes, if it keeps kids safe I don't give a fuck what it looks like.

Yes, if it keeps kids safe I don't give a fuck what it looks like.

Bad call. Terrible call. In the last week we had one school out of 130,990 attacked--tragically and horridly. For that you will turn every school into this?

You realize the mental damage that will do would turn out more mentally ill, emotionally damaged children who will turn into killers, right?

Why are we so stupid in the 21st century? It's like we lurch from one Moral Panic to another. YES the school shooting was awful. We don't need to panic and turn schools into below

1653734747987.png

Bad call. Terrible call. In the last week we had one school out of 130,990 attacked--tragically and horridly. For that you will turn every school into this?

You realize the mental damage that will do would turn out more mentally ill, emotionally damaged children who will turn into killers, right?

Why are we so stupid in the 21st century? It's like we lurch from one Moral Panic to another. YES the school shooting was awful. We don't need to panic and turn schools into below

View attachment 650933

No, it isn't a bad call. You can make buildings hard to break into without making them prisons.

And ultimately I want my child to live. So, once again, I don't care what the school looks like so long as it is safe.

No, it isn't a bad call. You can make buildings hard to break into without making them prisons.

And ultimately I want my child to live. So, once again, I don't care what the school looks like so long as it is safe.

Do you put your child in a car? Ever?

Yeah. A good strong one.

Then you just destroyed your argument. You will sacrifice your child's safety so that your child can have some kind of life. You probably do it daily--or nearly daily.

Btw, so do all good parents. You don't really raise your child just so they have the next heartbeat and breath. If you did, they would be an anxious, emotionally stunted basketcase. You raise them to LIVE. To have a life.

Start from that premise, set aside the panic and keep going.

Then you just destroyed your argument. You will sacrifice your child's safety so that your child can have some kind of life. You probably do it daily--or nearly daily.

Btw, so do all good parents. You don't really raise your child just so they have the next heartbeat and breath. If you did, they would be an anxious, emotionally stunted basketcase. You raise them to LIVE. To have a life.

Start from that premise, set aside the panic and keep going.

You aren't very good at this. Number one, I am not panicked. Number two, I drive a strong car so that if there is an accident the passenger compartment isn't compromised.

Just like a school should have a strong student compartment, that isn't easily compromised.

And how many accidents has junior survived?

None, because I am a good driver. Regardless, if we are in an accident, we will survive. I am not so sure the econobox that is most likely to hit us, will.

Forum List

Back