Unemployment went up to 7.9 percent

Can you righties all admit that your hysterics last month were just that, hysterics?

More jobs were added this month and the last two months were also revised up, despite all the predictions on here by the consthat they'd be revised down, but the unemployment rate jumped up .1% this month. The jobs added and the unemployment rate aren't based on the same surveys and they aren't always going to jive with each other.

Using the workforce participation rate we used the day Obama took office, the unemployment rate would be about 11%.

Please explain how this is not one of, if not THE WORST recoveries in our Nation's history.
He won't explain it nor can he.

Weren't the Libs bragging a few weeks ago?...
They, after 4 years were saying that Obama
did a great job....

Looks like the country is heading in the wrong direction.
After 4 years the economy is stuck in the mud...

Unemployment Rates for States

This lists state by state.. North Carolina ranks 47th with 9.8 %.. It will go back to 10% now.. Nevada was sitting at 11.8%-- they will hit 12%.. That's 2.5 times higher than under Bush and LIBERALS SCREAMED about Bush's uneployment rate!

Yeah, let's not mention the 171,000 jobs added...bad news for Willard

Can you righties all admit that your hysterics last month were just that, hysterics?

More jobs were added this month and the last two months were also revised up, despite all the predictions on here by the consthat they'd be revised down, but the unemployment rate jumped up .1% this month. The jobs added and the unemployment rate aren't based on the same surveys and they aren't always going to jive with each other.

Using the workforce participation rate we used the day Obama took office, the unemployment rate would be about 11%.

Please explain how this is not one of, if not THE WORST recoveries in our Nation's history.

But hope and change... Oh, and forward... Oh wait, It's spelled foward in some circles.
Screen-Shot-2012-10-22-at-4.02.28-PM-620x401.png

Yeah, let's not mention the 171,000 jobs added...bad news for Willard

171,000 jobs added doesn't even keep up with population growth DUMMY.. In other words it does ZERO, NOTHING.. But you liberals are too brainwashed to care about the FACTS.. You were bitchin when Booooooooooooooooooooosh created 310,000 jobs a month calling him a FAILURE BUT NOW 171,000 IS SUCCESSFUL, GROWTH!!

Shove it LIARS.

I can't speak for Ace, but from my perspective (neck deep in this crap for my profession), I'd say the following:

Without a doubt, this is one of the worst or THE worst recovery in our history, and the reasons for it seem abundantly clear. To simplify this as much as possible, I'd point to two macro reasons:

First, the depth, breadth and complexity of the meltdown. The unwinding of credit markets and subsequent pain caused by it was going to be massive, and it was. Worse, the symbiotic nature of our modern-day global economic system signaled the inevitability of the international collapse. So that has to play out as well before we see a strong, sustained period of growth.

Second, just as radiation treatments can often cause more damage than the cancer they're designed to cure, the steps taken in late 2008/2009 to end the worst of the crisis significantly slowed down the healing process by retarding the unwinding of credit markets. Quantitative easing will do that, we know that, but it was determined that it was/is necessary. There are people a lot smarter than me, with more letters after their name than me, who can't tell you if this has been a good idea or not.

Now, of course, this won't be a good enough explanation for the hardcore partisans, it doesn't point the finger enough at "the other guys", I know. It doesn't play into the incredibly simplistic and transparent games being played by the ideologues, sorry.

Just my humble little opinion.

You do realize boomers are retiring at a clip of about 250k per month, right?

Easy, we weren't able to spend our way out of it like in previous recessions. Annualized growth of federal spending is at it's lowest point in the last 32 years. I know our debt is very high and everyone likes to pin it on Obama but federal spending has increased by 1.4% over the last 3 years compared to 8.7% in Reagan's first term, for example.

HELLO how many of that 170,xxx jobs were from hiring for Christmas , temporary low paying jobs. That is the real question

Easy, we weren't able to spend our way out of it like in previous recessions. Annualized growth of federal spending is at it's lowest point in the last 32 years. I know our debt is very high and everyone likes to pin it on Obama but federal spending has increased by 1.4% over the last 3 years compared to 8.7% in Reagan's first term, for example.

No sale, asswipe.

Obama jacked discretionary spending almost 25% in 2009 - Stimulus excluded - and then locked that level in place by having Harry Reid refuse to engage in the budget process.

Show me the proof that Baby boomers are retiring with 250k.. Secondly Reagan had a booming enonomy so don't even try to compare that loser Obama to Reagan.. NO COMPARISON at all, ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No sale, asswipe.

Obama jacked discretionary spending almost 25% in 2009 - Stimulus excluded - and then locked that level in place by having Harry Reid refuse to engage in the budget process.

Wrong. Here is a WSJ article, I know you wouldn't accept anything from the MSM, that shows federal spending has gone down.

Federal Spending Cutbacks Slow Recovery - WSJ.com

Show me the proof that Baby boomers are retiring with 250k.. Secondly Reagan had a booming enonomy so don't even try to compare that loser Obama to Reagan.. NO COMPARISON at all, ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Here you go. Daily Number: Baby Boomers Retire - Pew Research Center

Reagan's economy was booming because he spent like no other president before or after him.

Forum List

Back