Under the National Emergency Declaration could Trump impose a stop and identify mandate?

Under a National Emergency declaration? No, he could not.

Under martial law? Yes, he could.

I would prefer to see an internal situation legislated that would force the illegals to leave under their own steam.

Guess what? Every time I'm pulled over by a cop I show ID. No question.

After checking me out they just say "Have a good day, Mr. Kinetta." and off I go. :113:

Do they often pull you over with the singular purpose of checking your ID?

Nah. Ostensibly for speeding, but I think they just want to get a good look at the 4-4-2. I never get a ticket.

But that is not what the OP is about, it is about any civil authority being able to walk up to you and say "papers please"...

I would prefer to see an internal situation legislated that would force the illegals to leave under their own steam.

After checking me out they just say "Have a good day, Mr. Kinetta." and off I go. :113:

Nah. Ostensibly for speeding, but I think they just want to get a good look at the 4-4-2. I never get a ticket.

But that is not what the OP is about, it is about any civil authority being able to walk up to you and say "papers please"...

My point is that if you refuse to show ID you'll sit there until you do, which will gobble up your valuable time.

My opinions as to "papers please" have already been rendered.

Franky Roosevelt didn't seem to have a problem with it.

My point is that if you refuse to show ID you'll sit there until you do, which will gobble up your valuable time.

My opinions as to "papers please" have already been rendered.

Franky Roosevelt didn't seem to have a problem with it.

I did not realize you were such a big fan of his

Would you support such an aggressive action?

Something only a statist or communist would support. So, in other words something you would cheer for.

Bud, I might phuck men if it meant eradication of all wetbacks. That’s the kind of shit Patriots do.

Patriots do not freely give up their rights and liberties just to fulfill their racist passions.

Do you honestly believe you haven’t lost “rights and liberties” in the name of law and order?

Would you support such an aggressive action?

Something only a statist or communist would support. So, in other words something you would cheer for.

Bud, I might phuck men if it meant eradication of all wetbacks. That’s the kind of shit Patriots do.

Patriots do not freely give up their rights and liberties just to fulfill their racist passions.

Do you honestly believe you haven’t lost “rights and liberties” in the name of law and order?

Of course we have, hell the PATRIOT Act was a huge grab at our rights.

That does not mean I am going to cheer for it or hope it happens even more like you do.

An old but apt quote..."those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.."

So you say. We saw the neo-nazis and white supremacists in action in places like Charlottesville. Now we see another one plotting to kill people like Joe Scarborough, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.); and Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.). The fact is that these groups are on the rise.
"Fact" ? Yeah ? Facts are things that are reported with solid evidence. Never heard of what you're saying. Sure you're not making this stuff up ?

And if these groups are on the rise, they'll be caught, if they are involved in anything like you say. Unless they get funded by leftist activists, like the Charlottelsville "neo-nazis" probably were. :rolleyes:

That does not mean I am going to cheer for it or hope it happens even more like you do.

An old but apt quote..."those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.."
Generally, in legislation like the Patriot Act, some liberty is lost, while other liberties are gained.

Generally, in legislation like the Patriot Act, some liberty is lost, while other liberties are gained.

legislation cannot add to liberty, only subtract.

So you say. We saw the neo-nazis and white supremacists in action in places like Charlottesville. Now we see another one plotting to kill people like Joe Scarborough, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.); and Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.). The fact is that these groups are on the rise.
"Fact" ? Yeah ? Facts are things that are reported with solid evidence. Never heard of what you're saying. Sure you're not making this stuff up ?

And if these groups are on the rise, they'll be caught, if they are involved in anything like you say. Unless they get funded by leftist activists, like the Charlottelsville "neo-nazis" probably were. :rolleyes:
its-a-conspiracy-make-a-meme-18726728.png

So what ?

So, that is not what the civil authorities do in a free country, they are required to have a probable cause to stop you and ask for ID.

24 states still use “stop and identify”....you know that...right?

Yes, 24 states use "stop and identify" in which they can detain a person based on reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing or is about to commit a crime...not just for the fuck of it like you want things to be.

Forum List

Back