Undeclared recession

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Shrink and swell is typically a normal business cycle but this kind of shrinkage is substantial. Despite the bright and shining prognostications bellowing forth from the propaganda mills reality speaks in ways that cannot be buried in copious verbage.

It's undeclared because the economy is growing. The issue is that it is also changing, and profoundly affecting where and how people work and spend, especially in brick-and-mortar retail and commercial real estate, among other things.

As desperately as some want to make this a simplistic partisan political issue, it is not.

It's undeclared because the economy is growing. The issue is that it is also changing, and profoundly affecting where and how people work and spend, especially in brick-and-mortar retail and commercial real estate, among other things.

As desperately as some want to make this a simplistic partisan political issue, it is not.
Ahhh....!!! Finally someone who gets it!
IT IS NOT POLITICAL!

Thank you for that ... I had about given up hope. What is political is how various party candidates try to position themselves in front of prosperity when it happens and position the other party front of financial distress when it happens. What is also very political is the bullshit prognosticators that serve each and every administration attempting to overcome the intelligence of the masses by telling them what's happening to
them is not really happening to them.

I'm not really convinced that the economy is growing. The increase in per capita debt seems to be keeping pace with the alleged economic growth. That would mean what we are seeing is prosperity on a leash that can be yanked back abruptly at any time with little to no warning.

Truth is we have never been where we are now.
Trying to calculate the enormity of the civil engineering mechanics that it will take to sustain the growing population is a daunting task. It is almost definitely not a linear increase.

New normal....Dems want to party when 1-2% growth figures come out acting like they did something.

Meanwhile you have industry like our car manufacturers basically working for .gov regulators now.

Based on 2018 estimates, the actual cost of regulations to the U.S. economy is huge — roughly $2 trillion a year. That's about 12% of our entire economy spent every year on dealing with regulations.

The cost of U.S. regulation each year is greater than the GDP of all but nine countries.

I suspect it's a lot worse now.

Ahhh....!!! Finally someone who gets it!
IT IS NOT POLITICAL!

Thank you for that ... I had about given up hope. What is political is how various party candidates try to position themselves in front of prosperity when it happens and position the other party front of financial distress when it happens. What is also very political is the bullshit prognosticators that serve each and every administration attempting to overcome the intelligence of the masses by telling them what's happening to
them is not really happening to them.

I'm not really convinced that the economy is growing. The increase in per capita debt seems to be keeping pace with the alleged economic growth. That would mean what we are seeing is prosperity on a leash that can be yanked back abruptly at any time with little to no warning.

Truth is we have never been where we are now.
Trying to calculate the enormity of the civil engineering mechanics that it will take to sustain the growing population is a daunting task. It is almost definitely not a linear increase.
Uncharted territory, for sure, and there's no way to make predictions. It's even difficult to understand the nature of the growth right now.

But this is about a rapidly changing economy, not partisan politics.

Shrink and swell is typically a normal business cycle but this kind of shrinkage is substantial. Despite the bright and shining prognostications bellowing forth from the propaganda mills reality speaks in ways that cannot be buried in copious verbage.

Many stores are closing due to the huge amount of theft that currently exists.
I think that some segments of the market are recessed, and overall the economy is improving.
Recessions take years to develop, the Clinton and Bush recessions being prime examples. The Bush recession began near the end of his presidency, the Clinton recession hit us 4 months after his term had completed, and he took responsibility for it.
Employment is strong, inflation is deflating, the infrastructure measure is creating jobs and is doing what it is supposed to do.

Many stores are closing due to the huge amount of theft that currently exists.
I think that some segments of the market are recessed, and overall the economy is improving.
Recessions take years to develop, the Clinton and Bush recessions being prime examples. The Bush recession began near the end of his presidency, the Clinton recession hit us 4 months after his term had completed, and he took responsibility for it.
Employment is strong, inflation is deflating, the infrastructure measure is creating jobs and is doing what it is supposed to do.
I disagree that employment is strong. I measure employment by prosperity not by the regularity of punching a clock. Sixty percent of American families are struggling to make ends meet and putting more and more on their credit cards.
This smacks of underemployment and more importantly it points to the rotting value of the dollar unit in our closed loop economy.

We are not in a recession as long as spending is big and UE is low.

We may be in one by 4th quarter, but we are not there yet.

I disagree that employment is strong. I measure employment by prosperity not by the regularity of punching a clock. Sixty percent of American families are struggling to make ends meet and putting more and more on their credit cards.
This smacks of underemployment and more importantly it points to the rotting value of the dollar unit in our closed loop economy.
Who cares how you measure employment.

Spending is very strong.

We get conflicting information on the economy all the time. The cheerleading media for the establishment will always try to paint a rosy picture, while the opposition paints it dismal.

As you state, many Americans are struggling economically. If it’s true 50% can’t fund a $400 unexpected expense, things can’t be too good. Add to this the millions living in poverty and homelessness, things look bad.

We do have billions of tax dollars to enrich the MIC and crooks in Ukraine.

We get conflicting information on the economy all the time. The cheerleading media for the establishment will always try to paint a rosy picture, while the opposition paints it dismal.

As you state, many Americans are struggling economically. If it’s true 50% can’t fund a $400 unexpected expense, things can’t be too good. Add to this the millions living in poverty and homelessness, things look bad.

We do have billions of tax dollars to enrich the MIC and crooks in Ukraine.
Ukraine=boomerang bucks right back into the pockets of the legislators who send it. This is why they don't actually want the war to end.

Ukraine=boomerang bucks right back into the pockets of the legislators who send it. This is why they don't actually want the war to end.
Exactly. War is a scam designed to enrich the ruling class and their donors. Somehow it seems few Americans get this fact of reality.

Those supporting our government’s massive military support for Ukraine are unknowingly dupes of this criminal scam.

Exactly. War is a scam designed to enrich the ruling class and their donors. Somehow it seems few Americans get this fact of reality.

Those supporting our government’s massive military support for Ukraine are unknowingly dupes of this criminal scam.
They have stupidly picked a side....

When Biden took office, our economy was in the process of heading downhill. That process has been arrested and the economy is heading in the right direction. Recessions do not simply appear, they take years to develop, and recessions don't simply disappear. The move is up, and this takes time.

When Biden took office, our economy was in the process of heading downhill. That process has been arrested and the economy is heading in the right direction. Recessions do not simply appear, they take years to develop, and recessions don't simply disappear. The move is up, and this takes time.
Let's hope that's true however you ignored the pandemic. If you want to be credible you have to include that. I give Biden room for it whenever I mention the economy. Quite apart from that the most notable effect of the the money bomb now exploding in our faces is the incredible shrinking dollar. This is a direct result of volumetric unit expansion to create the illusion of wealth passed out to such hideously misplaced priorities like the war in Ukraine and other of such money furnaces that take wealth but give nothing back. We all pay for that through inflation ( official numbers are pure bullshit) shrinkflation and higher borrowing costs that absolutely gut the purchasing power of the median income family. No single administration is responsible for it and conversely no single administration is free from it. This is a decades long BAD POLICY HABIT authored by Western imperialist views of the rest of the world that happens to be a brand and a curse
Of the DC politicos who perpetrate this money theft.

it's Fine..
Just please Don't LOOK at the u.s. Ten Year Bond: TMUBMUSD10Y | U.S. 10 Year Treasury Note Overview | MarketWatch
There is an Ugly Rumor that other Nations are DUMPING 'Dollars'

I agree about employment. Something I have noticed in my area. Everyone is taking on side jobs because they are struggling to pay bills. So much so that if you apply for say…Uber,Sparks etc …there is a looong waiting list to get hired.

Forum List

Back