Uncomfortable

So I’m in my local grocery store this morning picking up some fresh produce to make a nice lunch for my son after football practice and I notice a couple of workers restocking one section of the produce area. They are chatting with each other in Spanish, which is fine, when a few customers walk past them who happened to be Asian. The two of them start talking, apparently without concern, making all manner of very inappropriate comments about Asian people ( they were referring to them as Chinese, of course, which is something that a lot of ignorant people do as a blanket term for anyone from anywhere in Asia). They were not whispering to each other either. Obviously they assumed no Asian customers would understand what they were saying so they were standing 4 or 5 feet away making openly racist, insulting comments. When they noticed that I was looking at them clearly understanding what they said and walking towards their area they quickly found someplace else to be. And that was it. Not the end of the world, not a civil rights crisis, but something that made me feel pretty uncomfortable about where some people still are with their whole attitude about these things.
I think it's the time in our culture that we need to have thought police to monitor what we think.
All in favor say, "I".

Who really cares? Expressing how a person feels is not on, or ever will be on my radar.

Is making jackass racist comments "expressing how a person feels"? Are they bearing their souls and plumbing the depths of their feeeeeelings, or just being assholes? And if some punks are out in a public space with you looking at some 'X' (race, gender, religion, etc) people making jackass comments because they know they won't be heard or understood, you wouldn't even notice? Not talking about smiting them with your swift sword of justice, just asking if it wouldn't so much as catch your attention?

You sound super hurt.
Need a tissue?

We Poles have been dealing with worse abuse for decades in the USA.

I don't respect idiots who whine when they support multiculturalism, but then complain
About it's enrichments like importing people who don't get along.

You're not Polish. We know this.

"we Poles".

Do something that makes you proud of you, other than this tenuous hold on being "Polish. NO ONE CARES

We are no more, or less a concept than African Americans or Jewish Americans.

So I’m in my local grocery store this morning picking up some fresh produce to make a nice lunch for my son after football practice and I notice a couple of workers restocking one section of the produce area. They are chatting with each other in Spanish, which is fine, when a few customers walk past them who happened to be Asian. The two of them start talking, apparently without concern, making all manner of very inappropriate comments about Asian people ( they were referring to them as Chinese, of course, which is something that a lot of ignorant people do as a blanket term for anyone from anywhere in Asia). They were not whispering to each other either. Obviously they assumed no Asian customers would understand what they were saying so they were standing 4 or 5 feet away making openly racist, insulting comments. When they noticed that I was looking at them clearly understanding what they said and walking towards their area they quickly found someplace else to be. And that was it. Not the end of the world, not a civil rights crisis, but something that made me feel pretty uncomfortable about where some people still are with their whole attitude about these things.
I think it's the time in our culture that we need to have thought police to monitor what we think.
All in favor say, "I".

Who really cares? Expressing how a person feels is not on, or ever will be on my radar.

Is making jackass racist comments "expressing how a person feels"? Are they bearing their souls and plumbing the depths of their feeeeeelings, or just being assholes? And if some punks are out in a public space with you looking at some 'X' (race, gender, religion, etc) people making jackass comments because they know they won't be heard or understood, you wouldn't even notice? Not talking about smiting them with your swift sword of justice, just asking if it wouldn't so much as catch your attention?

You sound super hurt.
Need a tissue?

I don't respect idiots who whine when they support multiculturalism, but then complain

"we Poles".

Do something that makes you proud of you, other than this tenuous hold on being "Polish. NO ONE CARES

"Jewish" is a religion

I largely dislike "African American" and so do many Black folks who say they're not from Africa. They're Black.

But you're Polish. Sure ya are

All in favor say, "I".

You sound super hurt.
Need a tissue?

"we Poles".

"Jewish" is a religion

I largely dislike "African American" and so do many Black folks who say they're not from Africa. They're Black.

Maybe If you Brit Americans weren't such violent, greedy, war mongering, Multicultural Zionist idiots
I'd care.
I'd care more about being one of your people.

You sound super hurt.
Need a tissue?

"we Poles".

"Jewish" is a religion

Maybe If you Brit Americans weren't such violent, greedy, war mongering, Multicultural Zionist idiots
I'd care.

Oh dude you already are. You're an American

You sound super hurt.
Need a tissue?

"we Poles".

"Jewish" is a religion

I'd care.

Oh dude you already are. You're an American

Polish Anerican is a completely valid concept.
We have Polish, Catholic, and American heritage, values & culture.

Dear Unkotare
I prefer when they can tell me up front what their issues are.
I would rather cultivate a society where people are okay with that, and we talk openly for
the purpose of sharing and trying to find constructive ways to deal with our differences and conflicts.

One confrontation I remember in particular:
while volunteering with a diverse group of community reps after Pedro Oregon got shot by police
(instead of his cousin, the drug dealer they were really after), a Latina woman in the group
just came out and told me to my face, in front of everyone there, she had a problem with
Asians being considered minorities and getting advantages they didn't need.

She cited that Asian immigrants who came here got business loans
while minorities born in this country couldn't get the same help.
She felt the Asians didn't need affirmative action help but others did.

I welcomed her honesty in saying exactly why she had a problem with Asians.
I sympathized with her and told her all groups suffer from parallel problems,
because it was a CLASS issue:

The rich Asians forget about the poor Asians, like those suffering from abuse in the
public housing scandals in my own neighborhood. Because of lack of money for
legal defense, the poor Asians and poor Whites were just as abused and neglected
as the poor Latino and Black neighbors, where they all ended up banding together.

If you judge any group by its rich or poor extremes,
you'd find very similar stereotypes!

... Morality in the US differs from morality in KSA....

No, it does not.

So how is it universal?

That's what morality means. Again, your education seems to be deficient in this area.

In KSA being gay is immoral. That is not the case in the US unless you’re a devout Christian and even they don’t behead you.

Conflicting understanding of morality does not change its universality. In terms you might understand: sometimes people are wrong in what they think is moral or not. Humans are fallible after all.

No, it does not.

So how is it universal?

That's what morality means. Again, your education seems to be deficient in this area.

In KSA being gay is immoral. That is not the case in the US unless you’re a devout Christian and even they don’t behead you.

Conflicting understanding of morality does not change its universality. In terms you might understand: sometimes people are wrong in what they think is moral or not. Humans are fallible after all.

Prejudices are far more universal than morality.

Yes...

The fear center of the brain the Amygdala lights up stronger when seeing a Black face vs a White face.
Even in Black people & Liberal Whites the same holds true

Proving that prejudices are universal.

Morality not so much.

Take Abortion many say its murder, disgusting, irresponsibility, and even genocide.

But, you can argue that it's population control against environmental destruction, it's getting rid of Down Syndrome & other defects. It's getting rid of unwanted babies who will suffer & not have security.

Last edited:

No, it does not.

So how is it universal?

Morality is subjective. Period. End of story.

No, it does not.

So how is it universal?

It is not. That’s not what the concept is. That everything is subjective is an idea you liberals have been trying to convince yourself of for the past half century or so because it is a necessary component of your general rejection of personal responsibility.

It’s a shame you were never educated on these concepts, because they are really pretty interesting.

Last edited:

No, it does not.

So how is it universal?

It is not. That’s not what the concept is.

Except it is. The fact that you’re a teacher is scary.

No, it does not.

So how is it universal?

No, it does not.

He is a good one

No, it does not.

Only your own willful ignorance need scare you.

No, it does not.

Except it is. ...

You’re confusing the liberal political orthodoxy you have swallowed hook line and sinker with a philosophical concept.

Forum List

Back