Uncle Tom Film Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE

Other clips here

It's funny how one group within the white community in America wants to push blacks that ignores the impact of white racism on the black community and to blame ourselves for the problems that we created for us by policies enacted by white ran governments at every level. Funny how black who don't subscribe to how those particular whites want us to think are called slaves but then the true slaves are promoted and endorsed.

From their posting Booker T. Washington to their support of Candice Owens, every black conservative they highlight are ones who preach how blacks need to ignore what racism has done and parrot the right wing extremist lies about how blacks should do things.

Black conservatives like this don't seem to be part of the equation.

Michael Steele: Yes, Republican Party Has Racism Problem

And he ought to know since he was the Chairman of the Republican party.

Funny thing about history is that it reveals truths. So while white racists want to gaslight black folks into a return back to white only rule, the black republicans they promote disrespect the proud heritage of black conservatives.

Jackie Robinson: Militant Black Republican

On a Saturday evening in February of 1966, over a thousand mostly white Republican men and women crowded into a Cleveland hotel banquet hall, eager to hear Jackie Robinson’s opening keynote for the annual Ohio Republican Conference. The baseball icon-turned-political activist did not disappoint.

“I am not what is known as a good Republican,” Robinson declared upon taking the stage. “I am certainly not a safe Republican. I am weary of the black man going hat in hand, shoulders hunched and knee pads worn, to ‘Uncle Tom’ to the enemies of our progress.”

In the context of today’s political chaos, Jackie Robinson’s militant pronouncements feel alien, especially when one surveys the racial wreckage of the modern GOP. The Republican Party’s approach to race right now can best be described as anarchy, as Donald Trump gleefully turns dog-whistle politics into full-blown nuclear alarm.

As party leaders scramble to address the Trump invasion, they’ve sidestepped accountability for the GOP’s role in creating the current climate. Largely absent in all of this are the voices of the party’s racial minorities. A few scattered examples have emerged as critiques of both Trump and the GOP at large, but none have done it with the comprehensive ferocity that rivals that of Jackie Robinson.

For years, conservatives have tried to claim the political legacy of Robinson without acknowledging his actual complicated “militant” politics. Although he campaigned as an independent for Richard Nixon in 1960, later changing his affiliation to Republican, and forged a close working relationship with New York Republican Gov. Nelson Rockefeller, Robinson was always cagey about his GOP identification.

“I’m a black man first,” he once calmly stated, while appearing on a 1968 television program, “an American second, and then I will support a political party—third.”

Like the vast majority of black Republicans in 1964, Robinson vehemently opposed Republican presidential nominee Barry Goldwater. That year, he chaired a chapter of “Republicans for Johnson” and likened black Goldwater supporters to racial sellouts and “Uncle Toms.” But his rejection of Goldwater did not affect his affiliation—in fact, he remained a Republican, and in July 1964 he helped found the National Negro Republican Assembly, a national black Republican protest organization that grew out of the nightmarish experience of black Republicans at the 1964 Republican National Convention at the Cow Palace in San Francisco.

Arriving at the convention, Republicans were met by the thunderous chants of 50,000 anti-Goldwater protesters, including members of the Congress of Racial Equality, who wore their sharpest funeral attire, carried wooden caskets and held signs reading “Republican Party—Born 1860, Died 1964.” After facing an unyielding assault of taunts, exclusions, racial slurs and physical attacks by white Republicans on the convention floor, all but one of the black GOP delegates, including Robinson, found themselves marching alongside the protesters.

After huddling in a war room at the convention hotel, the demoralized group of black delegates did something unusual for a group of Republicans: They publicly denounced their party’s presidential nominee as racist, called the party’s platform discriminatory and united across ideological lines to create the NNRA, vowing to use the organization to defeat the segment of the GOP that was “determined to establish a lily-white Republican Party.”

“I’m a black man first,” he once calmly stated, while appearing on a 1968 television program, “an American second, and then I will support a political party—third.”

Todays black conservative in classic step n fechit style eschews this philosophy and repeats whiteys we should not play identity politics bullshit. When you white racists decide that you are experts on blacks, you need to understand that you aren't. We call many of todays black conservatives sellouts for a reason and that reason is because we know what great black republicans have stood for in our history and it is not the bullshit coming from these punk mother fuckers right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back