Uncancelled History with Douglas Murray | EP. 01 Robert E. Lee

Sorry you had to tell lies on my topic.

Actually it is wrong to call the South traitors as wrong as it is to declare that Washington was also one.
And the republicans never switched parties and since I was for a very long time a Democrat, I say we who changed parties did it due to what Carter did and not what Johnson did.
There's no lies here. You are deliberately trying to rewrite history.
And yes, the Southern Democrats in the mid 1960's became the foundation of the Republican party after the Civil Rights movement.
This is not something that's up for debate.

Robert E. Lee was a traitor. As was Jefferson Davis and anyone else who aligned themselves with the Confederacy.

All Confederate statues once in Richmond, VA have been cut up and put into storage.
Ashes statue was erected at the request of a black Governor. It is the sole statue remaining on Monument Ave. My god, I saw all those statues and they were all ... even Ashes, magnificent storytellers of their Capitol.

There's no lies here. You are deliberately trying to rewrite history.
And yes, the Southern Democrats in the mid 1960's became the foundation of the Republican party after the Civil Rights movement.
This is not something that's up for debate.

Robert E. Lee was a traitor. As was Jefferson Davis and anyone else who aligned themselves with the Confederacy.
None of that is true. I am anxious that the true history is told. The history told over and over by even Democrats for over a hundred years. Modern Democrats love to lie as if me and other former Democrats had this issue in mind at any point. The Southern Democrats were never our foundation. Lee was not a traitor since clearly he was against the Invasion by Lincoln into VA where the first lost lives to combat were caused when Federal Troops led by traitors invaded VA.

When I was inside the Lee Mansion, the story told there is the slaves were treated well by the Lee family. What is your source alleging frequent runaways?

When two of his slaves escaped and were recaptured, Lee either beat them himself or ordered the overseer to “lay it on well.” Wesley Norris, one of the slaves who was whipped, recalled that “not satisfied with simply lacerating our naked flesh, Gen. Lee then ordered the overseer to thoroughly wash our backs with brine, which was done.”

This shows more history about Robert E. Lee. Lee is hated by Democrats. Yet it was for their cause he fought.
Who recalls who captured the evil man, John Brown and then hung Brown? What was Lee's view of slavery? Why does this matter? Because of the many attacks on Lee by today's Democrats. And now they are waging war against George Washington. So will we see Washington cancelled?

Yup, Dems don’t care too much for Lee. Yet, we adore Abe Lincoln.

A complete reversal of the current Republican position. Tells you all you need to know which party is racist.

Sadly the only thing left on Monument Av. is some poorly done statue of a faggot black tennis player that died of the AIDs.
Exactly. Imagine no statues of slave owners.

Instead they go and put up a statue of Arthur Ashe - just only black man to win Wimbledon, US Open, and the Australian open. A guy who led US to victory for 3 consecutive victories in the Davis cup.

What the heck is the world coming to.

Exactly. Imagine no statues of slave owners.

Instead they go and put up a statue of Arthur Ashe - just only black man to win Wimbledon, US Open, and the Australian open. A guy who led US to victory for 3 consecutive victories in the Davis cup.

What the heck is the world coming to.
Try to think of it this way. Blacks are about 13% of the population. It won't be very long that only blacks will have statues in Richmond on Monument ave.

A complete reversal of the current Republican position. Tells you all you need to know which party is racist.
Democrats are the racists. Judge them by how often they whine about racism.

It is Republicans defending Confederate heritage and waving the flag.

When two of his slaves escaped and were recaptured, Lee either beat them himself or ordered the overseer to “lay it on well.” Wesley Norris, one of the slaves who was whipped, recalled that “not satisfied with simply lacerating our naked flesh, Gen. Lee then ordered the overseer to thoroughly wash our backs with brine, which was done.”

I never heard of this man: Adam Serwer

We know that every Democrats goal is to excuse themselves over the war. They remove statues as penance. And blame we republicans for slavery. They lie like a worn out rug.

I never heard of this man: Adam Serwer

We know that every Democrats goal is to excuse themselves over the war. They remove statues as penance. And blame we republicans for slavery. They lie like a worn out rug.

Lets be honest about Confederate statues
They were not put up by Veterans and their families. They were erected by Daughters of the Confederacy 50 years after the war ended.
It was not about Confederate Heritage it was a reaction to a rising Civil Rights movement to “put those uppity Negroes in their place “

Forum List

Back