Unbelievable!

Went out to the store today to pick up a few things for the fam, and on the way out the automatic door didn't respond when I stepped on the sensor. One of those "wtf?" moments. The guy who was leaving the store behind me came up and must have wondered why I was just standing there apparently blocking the door, but it didn't open for him either. We both just looked at each other like "wtf?" then made some lame jokes about the store trying to make us go back and buy more stuff or something. Whatever was wrong with the door, it finally opened. There was some "after you" "no, after you" and we both walked out. The guy (looked like a few years younger than me) very courteously bid me a good day, and I did the same. A slight head nod and social-distance wave and we were both on our way. Pretty exciting story, right? But here's the thing: I'm a white guy and he was a black guy! At no point did he try to set me on fire, and at no point did I throw him across the parking lot. Just two normal people interacting in a normal way like a couple of Americans. He seemed like a regular good guy, and I can only assume I came across the same way.

Can you believe it?
Sure. Happens too me all me all the time. But I’d never know if I’m the only one or not because we are divided by the media in America. Black man scary, white man racist. That is all that is shown and it will always be.
Guess what? I work with black guys who are country as you can be, love running their dogs and killing deer. One is cool, the other is a fucking loser.

You run into all kinds.
I've found that if they're working they're generally good people.

Agree.

Forum List

Back