Unbelievable!

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Went out to the store today to pick up a few things for the fam, and on the way out the automatic door didn't respond when I stepped on the sensor. One of those "wtf?" moments. The guy who was leaving the store behind me came up and must have wondered why I was just standing there apparently blocking the door, but it didn't open for him either. We both just looked at each other like "wtf?" then made some lame jokes about the store trying to make us go back and buy more stuff or something. Whatever was wrong with the door, it finally opened. There was some "after you" "no, after you" and we both walked out. The guy (looked like a few years younger than me) very courteously bid me a good day, and I did the same. A slight head nod and social-distance wave and we were both on our way. Pretty exciting story, right? But here's the thing: I'm a white guy and he was a black guy! At no point did he try to set me on fire, and at no point did I throw him across the parking lot. Just two normal people interacting in a normal way like a couple of Americans. He seemed like a regular good guy, and I can only assume I came across the same way.

Can you believe it?

Went out to the store today to pick up a few things for the fam, and on the way out the automatic door didn't respond when I stepped on the sensor. One of those "wtf?" moments. The guy who was leaving the store behind me came up and must have wondered why I was just standing there apparently blocking the door, but it didn't open for him either. We both just looked at each other like "wtf?" then made some lame jokes about the store trying to make us go back and buy more stuff or something. Whatever was wrong with the door, it finally opened. There was some "after you" "no, after you" and we both walked out. The guy (looked like a few years younger than me) very courteously bid me a good day, and I did the same. A slight head nod and social-distance wave and we were both on our way. Pretty exciting story, right? But here's the thing: I'm a white guy and he was a black guy! At no point did he try to set me on fire, and at no point did I throw him across the parking lot. Just two normal people interacting in a normal way like a couple of Americans. He seemed like a regular good guy, and I can only assume I came across the same way.

Can you believe it?

Happens every single day everywhere across America. Just returned from walking our dog in the local park which as usual was packed with people possessed of all skin tones. No waving of signs, no spouting of ideological bullshit. Just a bunch of people enjoying the outdoors.

Can you believe it?
I saw that movie on lifetime.

Can you believe it?
Sure. Happens too me all me all the time. But I’d never know if I’m the only one or not because we are divided by the media in America. Black man scary, white man racist. That is all that is shown and it will always be.

Can you believe it?
Sure. Happens too me all me all the time. But I’d never know if I’m the only one or not because we are divided by the media in America. Black man scary, white man racist. That is all that is shown and it will always be.
Guess what? I work with black guys who are country as you can be, love running their dogs and killing deer. One is cool, the other is a fucking loser.

Can you believe it?
Guess what? I work with black guys who are country as you can be, love running their dogs and killing deer. One is cool, the other is a fucking loser.
Never knew they hunted deer except for Bo Jackson and Karl Malone. Kidding

Can you believe it?

Can you believe it?
Cool, so we can hunt with the good black guy and loot with the other one. We can have it both ways.

giphy.gif

~S~

Can you believe it?

Yeah....I run into weird shit like this all the time.

Can you believe it?

Pretty hard to believe that he didn't try to set you on fire. You were lucky.

:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301::laugh::auiqs.jpg::lmao:

Can you believe it?

Only time I saw the rise of hate toward the white community from the black community here in Texas is after Katrina when we got that damn influx of people from Lousiana...

Texas Blacks that are born here are usually as calm and polite as can be and can give a damn about a lot this nonsense...

Can you believe it?

I am so White that Casper is darker than me, so if I was standing by the Op'er I would be worried he might light me on fire...

Can you believe it?

IOW, you had the perfectly normal interaction that us non-members of the Church of Woke Safetyism usually have with folks we encounter out in public.

Can you believe it?

You run into all kinds.
I've found that if they're working they're generally good people.

Can you believe it?

Only time I saw the rise of hate toward the white community from the black community here in Texas is after Katrina when we got that damn influx of people from Lousiana...

Texas Blacks that are born here are usually as calm and polite as can be and can give a damn about a lot this nonsense...

I grew up in Katy when it was a rice farming community.
Everyone was cordial to each other. The black dudes worked on the farms or had their own farms.
It's far more racist now than it ever was in 75.

Can you believe it?

And since I'm about 70% whiskey at this point, I'm probably highly flammable.

Forum List

Back