Unbelievable! Gorsuch didn't vote to have Title 42 enforced-Fortunately he was over-ruled

Then there is Rightwinger who responds to everything even when he doesn't have a valid thing to say and/or is totally off topic (it's always one or the other or both)

We wish they didn't engage.... sigh:rolleyes:

I think that poster’s name is ironic. As I recall, they are not actually a rightwinger.

I think that poster’s name is ironic. As I recall, they are not actually a rightwinger.
definitely not. Mzybe he is trying to say Look at my avatar! This is what a rightwinger looks like! You know... the apparent simpleton who played on that Jackie Gleason show years ago.. can't recall his name

This blew me away. I thought Gorsuch was a good Justice. I am not criticizing him because he dissented but for his reasons.

He spoke about policies. Excuse me? I don't think it is one bit about policy (the case brought to scotus). It involved policy but the issue at hand would appear to be

HELLO

one word:

INVASION (somewhat more important than petty political arguments over policy)
The 9 robes were never meant to do the job they do today, which is to be the sole voice on what is Constitutional. Thomas Jefferson fought against this notion and lost.

Now the game is, put the stooges in place to make what you want Constitutional.

It's silly really.

For example, once the Marxists gain control they will splain to us how the 2nd amendment does not really give Americans the right to bear arms. Well the Constitution was meant to be understood by simple farmers, which it was and is. Then they will have to splain how everyone got it wrong since the signing of the Constitution till now. And guess what, they will find some half twisted reasoning. But will anyone give a damn what they think?

No.

This blew me away. I thought Gorsuch was a good Justice. I am not criticizing him because he dissented but for his reasons.

He spoke about policies. Excuse me? I don't think it is one bit about policy (the case brought to scotus). It involved policy but the issue at hand would appear to be

HELLO

one word:

You obviously didn't read what he wrote. The SCOTUS is not there to legislate over bad politicians. Technically he is right, people coming in now are no longer considered part of the original COVID risk that Title 42 was written for.

I agree with his reasoning. I dont agree with this : He said the court's decision was "unwise" and added that the emergency (pandemic) on which Title 42 rested "has long since lapsed."
According to the fed gov that STILL has restrictions, he is wrong.

No, he is right it's the Federal government that is being two faced. The court ruling is saying the government needs to make up it's mind and the court had no intentions of helping it along.

As I said, I completely agree 42 needs lifted. But so does all the other restrictions so I understand a court saying they weren't going to allow politically expedient choices.

HELLO

one word:

Actually, my personal opinion is that we really need to stop these migrants from coming here, any way we can.

BUT the laws are the laws and Gorsuch was actually right. The Supreme Court shouldn't be having to make decisions that Congress is supposed to be making and they shouldn't be allowing either party to get their way by declaring some kind of nation emergency to further their agendas (in this case it is tecnically and legally a Covid emergency, not a border crisis emergency). It wasn't their call to do something that Congress has failed to do. I blame democrats 100% for the border crisis and I'm glad that Title 42 remains in place but, again, I am against either party claiming a made up national emergency to further their agenda, even though I agree with the agenda of stopping illegal immigrants.

42 has nothing to do with an "invasion". It was never meant to address that.

Should 42 restrictions be ended? Yes, absolutely.

Should the justices have voted that way? No.

As long as Biden is going to continue Covid restrictions, covid restrictions should stand.
Title 42 should not be lifted...it has nothing to do with Covid....there are other virus, illnesses, etc that the Country most be protected from.

The Justices ruled correctly, because the Xiden admin is attempting an illegal act ....Xiden most follow the Administrative Procedure Act....how he went about this was not in compliance....he is not above the law

Gorsuch sided with Democrats.

We were told by the left that all of Trump’s justices are evil Nazis and we will all die if they are confirmed.
Trump's justices, and for that matter Bush's....apply the law to the facts. They don't simply rule how a political party tells them..that's the vast difference between Obama, and Xiden's nominees.

I dont understand.

Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett are Nazis according to the left.

This vote is not possible.

Justices appointed by republican presidents are capable of forming their own thoughts and leaving politics out of their decisions. This is a good thing for the country. I wish the dem appointees could do the same.

Justices appointed by republican presidents are capable of forming their own thoughts and leaving politics out of their decisions. This is a good thing for the country. I wish the dem appointees could do the same.
Me too....me too....

This blew me away. I thought Gorsuch was a good Justice.

Gorsuch is a good Justice and his vote was the correct one based on the Constitution.

His statement here is 100% correct and any actual Conservative would agree with this...

"Courts should not be in the business of perpetuating administrative edicts designed for one emergency only because elected officials have failed to address a different emergency. We are a court of law, not policymakers of last resort."

Title 42 should not be lifted...it has nothing to do with Covid....there are other virus, illnesses, etc that the Country most be protected from.

The Justices ruled correctly, because the Xiden admin is attempting an illegal act ....Xiden most follow the Administrative Procedure Act....how he went about this was not in compliance....he is not above the law

There has always been viruses. All the same, the people are still coming.

There has always been viruses. All the same, the people are still coming.
yes, witch speaks to the importance of Title 42, and while Covid or no Covid it's still needed and why it's been on the books for decades.

HELLO

one word:

Gorsuch was 100% right on this. The Supreme Court is legislating from the bench. We have 5 Nazis and 1 part time Nazi on the Supreme Court.

Forum List

Back