Unbelievable! Gorsuch didn't vote to have Title 42 enforced-Fortunately he was over-ruled

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022

This blew me away. I thought Gorsuch was a good Justice. I am not criticizing him because he dissented but for his reasons.

He spoke about policies. Excuse me? I don't think it is one bit about policy (the case brought to scotus). It involved policy but the issue at hand would appear to be

HELLO

one word:

INVASION (somewhat more important than petty political arguments over policy)

42 has nothing to do with an "invasion". It was never meant to address that.

Should 42 restrictions be ended? Yes, absolutely.

Should the justices have voted that way? No.

As long as Biden is going to continue Covid restrictions, covid restrictions should stand.

No, he said it wasn't the USSC's job to correct failed, f*ed up Democrat policy. He's right.

If there is no pandemic anymore, when is Biden going to relinquish his Emergency powers?

I agree with his reasoning. I dont agree with this : He said the court's decision was "unwise" and added that the emergency (pandemic) on which Title 42 rested "has long since lapsed."
According to the fed gov that STILL has restrictions, he is wrong.

This blew me away. I thought Gorsuch was a good Justice. I am not criticizing him because he dissented but for his reasons.

He spoke about policies. Excuse me? I don't think it is one bit about policy (the case brought to scotus). It involved policy but the issue at hand would appear to be

HELLO

one word:

INVASION (somewhat more important than petty political arguments over policy)
He does not think the supreme court should be the policy writer of last resort, and is correct. Did you like it when the Supreme Court set policy and law in it's original position on Roe vs Wade?

He does not think the supreme court should be the policy writer of last resort, and is correct. Did you like it when the Supreme Court set policy and law in it's original position on Roe vs Wade?
I know about the law and you are WRONG. He is wrong.

It has nothing to do with policy differences. Why he made that an issue when the more important issue was IGNORED by him and the others is beyond me.

I dont understand.

Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett are Nazis according to the left.

This vote is not possible.

I agree with his reasoning. I dont agree with this : He said the court's decision was "unwise" and added that the emergency (pandemic) on which Title 42 rested "has long since lapsed."
According to the fed gov that STILL has restrictions, he is wrong.
scotus should not be making decisions that favor one party or its policies over the other, assuming that is the only issue at hand.

But (and I do admit I have not read up on this case)

What about a president violating immigration laws still on the books? This admin had NO business allowing all these (possible freaks) into our country against the wishes of We the People and AGAINST the law.

No, he said it wasn't the USSC's job to correct failed, f*ed up Democrat policy. He's right.

If there is no pandemic anymore, when is Biden going to relinquish his Emergency powers?
things are not making sense from my viewpoint. If Title 42 kept dangerous people out of our country, it also keeps diseased people out. They are obviously dangerous also, whether they have covid or what the hell ever.

If it comes down to good policy (legal policy) against bad (illegal)... Well, we know which should be chosen.

But along with the law is the spirit of the law and the spirit of the law can be summed up like this: PROTECT the citizens. That is the first law of govt. As we can see, it is being violated over and freaking over.

:mad:

all this lawlesness.

our country is as good as gone.

Gorsuch sided with Democrats.

We were told by the left that all of Trump’s justices are evil Nazis and we will all die if they are confirmed.
OK, I get it. But then there is this: Who gives a *^%$# damn what the Left say?

Nobody believes them anymore (except retards maybe).

OK, I get it. But then there is this: Who gives a *^%$# damn what the Left say?

Nobody believes them anymore (except retards maybe).

Welcome to the board and good luck. The lefties on this site rarely engage in honest discourse.

You have probably already noticed.

I know about the law and you are WRONG. He is wrong.

It has nothing to do with policy differences. Why he made that an issue when the more important issue was IGNORED by him and the others is beyond me.
Try to get appointed to Supreme Court or maybe just see if they will accept your amicus brief.

Justice Gorsuch made his decision based upon the law after his own reading of it and looking at the facts in the case.

Not whether banning Illegals was a good policy or not. Just whether this is the legal and appropriate way of doing it.

Welcome to the board and good luck. The lefties on this site rarely engage in honest discourse.

You have probably already noticed.
Then there is Rightwinger who responds to everything even when he doesn't have a valid thing to say and/or is totally off topic (it's always one or the other or both)

We wish they didn't engage.... sigh:rolleyes:

Justice Gorsuch made his decision based upon the law after his own reading of it and looking at the facts in the case.

Not whether banning Illegals was a good policy or not. Just whether this is the legal and appropriate way of doing it.
why did they even take the case at all if it was just about petty political policy differences?

checkmate

Forum List

Back