Do you think reporters & FBI agents that offered & accepted bribes for stories should be prosecuted?

• Yes

• No

• Don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
At some point here, we're going to have to reach the conclusion, as a society, that our national "press" is no longer even attempting to be objective.

I realize that denying the obvious has its advantages, granted, but at some point it will no longer work.

Yes, truth is not even a consideration to the press. They just forcefully push their leftist agenda

If you could prove that I would join you and Mac on your quest to give the bullshit machine control of this nation by throwing up my arms and giving in to the assholes. But you cannot.

The fact is that our major news sources have standards which have generally been adhered to. Anyone who wants to can ascertain the facts from our mainstream media outlets.

What you have is called confirmation bias and you and the media both suffer from Trump Derangement syndrome.

Your offer is like someone with OCD trying to diagnose what's wrong with someone who has OCD. You don't see a problem.

That you can't turn on the news and just see the overt one sided reporting and outright vitriol to anyone the media disagrees with is just flat out pathetic
Not long ago, the hardcore Left mocked and attacked anyone who pointed out the media is not objective.

Their argument? "Of course it's objective. Truth just has a liberal bias".

And today, the hardcore Left still mocks and attacks anyone who points out the media is not objective.

Their argument now? "Who says they have to be objective?"

So which one is it? Hey, who cares.

These people are either compulsive, habitual liars, or they're so consumed by their partisan ideology that honesty has literally reached zero priority for them. Or both.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz
At some point here, we're going to have to reach the conclusion, as a society, that our national "press" is no longer even attempting to be objective.

I realize that denying the obvious has its advantages, granted, but at some point it will no longer work.

Yes, truth is not even a consideration to the press. They just forcefully push their leftist agenda

If you could prove that I would join you and Mac on your quest to give the bullshit machine control of this nation by throwing up my arms and giving in to the assholes. But you cannot.

The fact is that our major news sources have standards which have generally been adhered to. Anyone who wants to can ascertain the facts from our mainstream media outlets.

What you have is called confirmation bias and you and the media both suffer from Trump Derangement syndrome.

Your offer is like someone with OCD trying to diagnose what's wrong with someone who has OCD. You don't see a problem.

That you can't turn on the news and just see the overt one sided reporting and outright vitriol to anyone the media disagrees with is just flat out pathetic
Not long ago, the hardcore Left mocked and attacked anyone who pointed out the media is not objective.

Their argument? "Of course it's objective. Truth has a liberal bias".

And today, the hardcore Left still mocks and attacks anyone who points out the media is not objective.

These people are either compulsive, habitual liars, or they're so consumed by their partisan ideology that honesty has literally reached zero priority for them. Or both.

It's unreal though how people like LoneLaugher who seem to believe they are actually looking for bias can watch that one sided crap and actually believe the press treats both sides the same.

The media was so positive about for example Obama negotiating with Iran and Cuba and praising their leaders and giving them $$$ to deal and they are totally vitriolic to Trump for North Korea.

LoneLaugher: Looks the same to me, what are you guys talking about?

It's unreal though how people like LoneLaugher who seem to believe they are actually looking for bias can watch that one sided crap and actually believe the press treats both sides the same
Commitment to a hardcore partisan ideology distorts both perceptions and thought processes.

So, and I'm being serious, it's entirely possible that partisan ideologues actually believe the stuff they say.

This will only get worse as the two ends become more and more isolated.

It's unreal though how people like LoneLaugher who seem to believe they are actually looking for bias can watch that one sided crap and actually believe the press treats both sides the same

You’ve not even attempted to prove your claim.

Commitment to a hardcore partisan ideology distorts both perceptions and thought processes.

So, and I'm being serious, it's entirely possible that partisan ideologues actually believe the stuff they say.

Can you imagine if FoxNews talked over Obama the way Jim Accosta talked over Trump? Or if conservative media talked to a female Democrat press secretary the way they talk to Sanders? They would lose it.

It's more that I want the media to treat Democrats like they do Republicans though rather than I want them to treat Republicans like they do Democrats. I'd rather the press be hostile to government like they are Republicans than fawn over government like they do Democrats

No point. That you can watch fake news night after night and their vitriolic hatred to Republicans and loving adoration to Democrats and not see the difference speaks for itself. You're hardcore koolaid.

Dude, the media directly call Republicans racists constantly. They're just engulfed in pure hatred. And you can't see it

Can you imagine if FoxNews talked over Obama the way Jim Accosta talked over Trump? Or if conservative media talked to a female Democrat press secretary the way they talk to Sanders? They would lose it.

It's more that I want the media to treat Democrats like they do Republicans though rather than I want them to treat Republicans like they do Democrats. I'd rather the press be hostile to government like they are Republicans than fawn over government like they do Democrats
Well, Trump's win blew the media right off the rails, and they're not even trying to hide their advocacy at this point.

But at the same time, Trump brought much of this on himself with his attacks on them. I was in that business for about 18 years, and I can tell you one thing for sure: Their most cherished possession, seriously, is their opinion of their profession and their roles within it. It is holy, it is sacrosanct. He can't be surprised at this, with his history with the media. Attack the media's "journalistic integrity" and you're asking for all out, no holds barred war, I don't care WHO you are.

That's what we're seeing.

Last edited:

No point. That you can watch fake news night after night and their vitriolic hatred to Republicans and loving adoration to Democrats and not see the difference speaks for itself. You're hardcore koolaid.

Dude, the media directly call Republicans racists constantly. They're just engulfed in pure hatred. And you can't see it

Which Republicans have MSM sources called racist?

I’ve got a question for you.

Is Donald Trump the most dishonest president we’ve had since Nixon?

Well, Trump's win blew the media right off the rails, and they're not even trying to hide their advocacy at this point.

But at the same time, Trump brought much of this on himself with his attacks on them. I was in that business for about 18 years, and I can tell you one thing for sure: Their most cherished possession, seriously, is their opinion of their profession and their roles within it. It is holy, it is sacrosanct. He can't be surprised at this, with his history with the media. Attack the media's "journalistic integrity" and you're asking for all out, no holds barred war, I don't care WHO you are.

I totally don't buy that the media would be any different if Trump hadn't attacked them back. They started on him as soon as it was apparent he was going to be the nominee. W never attacked the media and they were just flat out vicious to him.

And Trump inspired a lot of support from those of us who are tired of Republicans not fighting back. I didn't vote for him because of his trade views, but I completely identify with that. It's why Romney lost. He went two rounds with Obama and was winning. Then he rolled over in the third debate and the air just went out of his support

I totally don't buy that the media would be any different if he hadn't attacked them back. They started on him as soon as it was apparent he was going to be the nominee. W never attacked the media and they were just flat out vicious to him
Well, just my opinion, based on my experience.

It's as bad as insulting a person's religion. At least.

When it comes to bravado in his speeches, sure.

When it comes to lying about his policies, objectives and actions? It was Obama hands down.

When it comes to his personal behavior, it was easily Slick.

Sure, I'd like Trump to not aggrandize so much, but that isn't relevant to his job. I only care about policies. Obama's lies about Obamacare, the IRS scandal, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, Hillary's e-mail and so on were a whole lot more serious.

Other than his aggrandizing speeches, what lies has Trump told?

And compared to the media who overtly lie about the stories they are telling and even making them up, Trump's a Vulcan

All of them. They say everything the Republicans do is driven by Race. And none more than Trump. Name anything he's said that is racist without having to spin to get there.

Name an actual Republican party policy that is driven by race and nothing Trump has said or done is driven by race. This country is the most open, non-racist major country in the history of man. But the leftist media's saying we're 30s Germany or 50s Alabama. It's just a lie for Democrats to get their way

Last edited:

When it comes to lying about his policies, objectives and actions? It was Obama hands down.

Sure, I'd like Trump to not aggrandize so much, but that isn't relevant to his job. I only care about policies. Obama's lies about Obamacare, the IRS scandal, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, Hillary's e-mail and so on were a whole lot more serious.

And compared to the media who overtly lie about the stories they are telling and even making them up, Trump's a Vulcan

OK.

OK.

See, this again is why I have removed your right to ask questions. You don't answer them. I'm not answering any more until you start answering mine

You say that as though you don’t believe any of our news sources attempts to be objective.

I realize that taking that position has its advantages. But it certainly does not work.

I watched ABC last night, the bias was obvious.

You say that as though you don’t believe any of our news sources attempts to be objective.

I realize that taking that position has its advantages. But it certainly does not work.

Nope. You didn't like what they said. That does not indicate bias on their part.

I totally don't buy that the media would be any different if he hadn't attacked them back. They started on him as soon as it was apparent he was going to be the nominee. W never attacked the media and they were just flat out vicious to him

Well, I'm not disagreeing with you that it pisses them off. I'm just saying that they went into this mode immediately once it was clear Trump was going to win

Nope. You didn't like what they said. That does not indicate bias on their part.

You like what they said. That does indicate bias on both your parts

Well, I'm not disagreeing with you that it pisses them off. I'm just saying that they went into this mode immediately once it was clear Trump was going to win
Yeah, I don't know which came first, the evidence that he was going to win, or his worst attacks on the press.

The chicken or the egg at this point.

Forum List

Back