UN action better be opposed by US

I read both sides of the story.

Quite a mess.

Protesting is one thing, beating people with guns is pretty damned stupid.

They beat no one until the protesters ATTACKED them. Dumb ass. And then they acted in self defense.

yes, the attackers acted in self defense......:cuckoo:

On the issue of Israel you are a proven loon, go play somewhere else. By the way dumb ass, how does on ATTACK a boat load of people with PAINT GUNS?

o yes i dont lock step with the israel plan....sorry....that makes me a loon...sure i support the men of the uss liberty and that makes me a loon...

i guess boarding a ship without permission is not a hostile act....warrenting the full defenses of the ship being boarded?

i assure you ..had this been an israeli ship that was boarded by hostile actions in international waters you would be singing a different tune.

o yes i dont lock step with the israel plan....sorry....that makes me a loon...sure i support the men of the uss liberty and that makes me a loon...

i guess boarding a ship without permission is not a hostile act....warrenting the full defenses of the ship being boarded?

i assure you ..had this been an israeli ship that was boarded by hostile actions in international waters you would be singing a different tune.

No, dwelling over a 40 year old incident that numerous inquiries cleared and transferring that anger to today makes you a loon.

Actually Israel controls the shipment. If there was anything illegal on it, they would have said so.

The problem with your suggestion is twofold.

1) The protesters believe the blockade to be illegal.

2) Israel restricts a lot of material that has nothing to do with terrorism.

Israel controls it? Since when? And since this happened all of what, 2 days ago, do you really think they've had time to inspect and catalogue every item on 5 ships??:cuckoo:

And of course once they do find, e.g. detonators, the anti semites and Jew-haters well represented here will see that as evidence of being planted by Israel.

Umm, yeah, I think they've had time to inspect 5 ships. Do you think Israel is 12 guys in a raft or something? They have the capacity to inspect 5 ships and you best believe they are doing it ASAP in the hope of finding weapons on them. They already put out videos of the alleged weapons the protesters were using.

And they control it since they massacred a bunch of the passengers to commandeer the ships, thats since when.

Do you have any idea how long it takes to inspect one ship, much less five? You think Israel is China or something?:cuckoo:

No, dwelling over a 40 year old incident that numerous inquiries cleared and transferring that anger to today makes you a loon.

so defending the men of the uss liberty is making me a loon..they will soon die out...someone needs to remember them...and i will.....you may name call all you wish...
plus it is another maritime incident where israel overstepped it bounds....

i love people who believe there have been all these inquiries etc..do you know the capt of the ship was awarded the medal of honor?

USS Liberty Veterans Association

Fifteen years after the attack, an Israeli pilot approached Liberty survivors and then held extensive interviews with former Congressman Paul N. (Pete) McCloskey about his role. According to this senior Israeli lead pilot, he recognized the Liberty as American immediately, so informed his headquarters, and was told to ignore the American flag and continue his attack. He refused to do so and returned to base, where he was arrested.

Later, a dual-citizen Israeli major told survivors that he was in an Israeli war room where he heard that pilot's radio report. The attacking pilots and everyone in the Israeli war room knew that they were attacking an American ship, the major said. He recanted the statement only after he received threatening phone calls from Israel.

The pilot's protests also were heard by radio monitors in the U.S. Embassy in Lebanon. Then-U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon Dwight Porter has confirmed this. Porter told his story to syndicated columnists Rowland Evans and Robert Novak and offered to submit to further questioning by authorities. Unfortunately, no one in the U.S. government has any interest in hearing these first-person accounts of Israeli treachery.

Key members of the Lyndon Johnson administration have long agreed that this attack was no accident. Perhaps most outspoken is former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Thomas Moorer. "I can never accept the claim that this was a mistaken attack, " he insists. Former Secretary of State Dean Rusk is equally outspoken, calling the attack deliberate in press and radio interviews. Similarly strong language comes from top leaders of the Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency (some of whose personnel were among the victims), National Security Council, and from presidential advisers such as Clark Clifford, Joseph Califano and Lucius Battle.

A top-secret analysis of Israel's excuse conducted by the Department of State found Israel's story to be untrue. Yet Israel and its defenders continue to stand by their claim that the attack was a "tragic accident" in which Israel mistook the most modern electronic surveillance vessel in the world for a rusted-out 40-year-old Egyptian horse transport. Despite the evidence, no U.S. administration has never found the courage to defy the Israeli lobby by publicly demanding a proper accounting from Israel.

USS Liberty - Israeli Pilot Speaks Up

No.
Insisting on conspiracy theories makes you a loon. The fact that you restated it in a totally different way to shade the truth confirms this.

It seems StrollingBones and Barb are NOT concerned about the USS Cole, which was struck maliciously, but only about the USS Liberty, which was a friendly fire incident. What possible benefit could Israel have for attacking the ship of its only ally in the world? Why was the Liberty in a war zone anyway, when Israel was fighting for its life in the '67 War? And what does that have to do with today's events?

It seems StrollingBones and Barb are NOT concerned about the USS Cole, which was struck maliciously, but only about the USS Liberty, which was a friendly fire incident. What possible benefit could Israel have for attacking the ship of its only ally in the world? Why was the Liberty in a war zone anyway, when Israel was fighting for its life in the '67 War? And what does that have to do with today's events?

Good quesitons and ones which I know Strollignbones won't answer. He will instead revert to type and mutter darkly about conspiracies and how he read someone heard from someone else that there was this conspiracy.....

A blockade is an act of war. You should be prepared for any blowback resulting from that action.

The blockade against Gaza is an act of war and rockets were the blowback.

We must live in different timelines.

Hamas attacked Israel and Egypt from Gaza until they both got fed up and imposed a joint blockade. In other words, they started it, and the blockade was imposed as a result, not the other way around.

We must live in different timelines.

I agree with you 100% on that fact.

Actually Israel controls the shipment. If there was anything illegal on it, they would have said so.

The problem with your position is twofold.

1.) The "protesters" intended to attack Israel.

2.) You are unnaturally obsessed with chocolate, you should seem professional help.

Are you saying that Israel went to that ship so they could be attacked? The protester surely did not go to Israel.

They intended to attack it. If someone blew up a US Navy vessel in Yemen, would that be an attack on the US or Yemen?

The attack was in international waters.

Yes, the Israelis were attacked in international waters after they boarded the terrorist supporters ship. Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

The only mistake Israel made was not waiting for them to be out of international waters, but it makes little difference to me. If someone gets assaulted and put in the hospital because he happened to step in someones yard, even if it had a no tresspassing sign im not going to fault the tresspasser, im going to fault the attacker. The tresspassing becomes unimportant at that point.

Last edited:
The whole incident is a good litmus test for the good guys and bad guys.
Bad guys see a mean nasty Israel beating up innocent peace protesters. They are no different from apartheid era White South Africans so everything they do is presumed to be wrong.
The good guys understand the historic ties the U.S. has to Israel, only democracy in the mid east and only country that guarantees rights to its citizens. They understand this was a provocation, probably by Turkey, which is trying to establish its street creds with its Islamic whacko brethren.
So the more the bad guys talk bad about israel, the mroe they reveal themselves to be bad guys.

The problem with your position is twofold.

1.) The "protesters" intended to attack Israel.

2.) You are unnaturally obsessed with chocolate, you should seem professional help.

1) Please provide evidence of this claim.

2) Ad hominem attack. Is your position really so weak and pathetic that you respond to an argument by citing nothing aside from personal attacks? Apparently so.

They intended to attack it. If someone blew up a US Navy vessel in Yemen, would that be an attack on the US or Yemen?

The attack was in international waters.

Yes, the Israelis were attacked in international waters after they boarded the terrorist supporters ship. Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

The only mistake Israel made was not waiting for them to be out of international waters, but it makes little difference to me. If someone gets assaulted and put in the hospital because he happened to step in someones yard, even if it had a no tresspassing sign im not going to fault the tresspasser, im going to fault the attacker. The tresspassing becomes unimportant at that point.

Really?

So you don't, then, agree with attacking the boat for intending to trespass on Israeli occupied territories?

Whoops....

Forum List

Back