UK Election May 2015

Norway and Switzerland has to abide by the same EU rules we do, they just dont have any power to alter the rules.
http://www.cer.org.uk/sites/default/files/smc_final_report_june2014.pdf

Switzerland has opted out of regulation / rules for financial services because of this and this would probably have to be Britains approach also. You are right it would be rules without influence and we would also have to contribute money to the EU in all probability as do the Swiss and Norwegians.

The EU represents 30% of City Bank lending. But there are also an enormous number of bank deposits from the EU in British banks. American banks see Britain as a window to the EU. Leaving the EU would not cripple the City but I can see why they do not want the hassle as it would involve major and expensive restructurings and most probably a loss of advantage in the European markets.

this is interesting, it show 31% of Liberal voter at the last election will vote Labour this time. That figure should grow as we get nearer to election day.
General Election @UKELECTIONS2015
Follow

How LibDems of #GE2010 vote today 23% don't know/won't vote Those that will vote LAB 31% LD 23% CON 17% GRN 15%

The UKIP numbers in that list look unlikely to me given that they just won the Europeans , 2 by elections and almost displaced Labour in a byelection also.
what ukip numbers ?

Exactly UKIP is not even on the list yet somehow managed to win 2 by elections and the Europeans recently

Considering what a central role Labor played in ensuring that the systematic racist/sexual abuse of children was allowed to continue for as long as it did (and will continue if they remain powerful), why anybody would vote labor is beyond me. I suppose sheeple will always be sheeple, I guess.

I see votes for UKIP in terms of protest votes, myself. I don't think they will receive as many votes FOR as they will against all those who have sold Britain down the river and seem hell bent on turning a once proud country into a third world hell hole. .

Considering what a central role Labor played in ensuring that the systematic racist/sexual abuse of children was allowed to continue for as long as it did (and will continue if they remain powerful), why anybody would vote labor is beyond me. I suppose sheeple will always be sheeple, I guess.

I see votes for UKIP in terms of protest votes, myself. I don't think they will receive as many votes FOR as they will against all those who have sold Britain down the river and seem hell bent on turning a once proud country into a third world hell hole. .

Labours economic incompetence is enough but I have never had any sympathy for their social agenda. They say they help the poor but wreck the economy which gives them jobs and pays for welfare and they destroy social mobility with their policies. They have long since lost any moral credibility and are mainly run by atheists.

I am voting Tory. But if I were in the North of England constituency then I would vote UKIP as the party most likely to overthrow my local Labour MP. If I was in a Lib Dem seat I would vote Tory or UKIP depending on who had the better chance. In Scotland think I would vote SNP as the lesser of 2 evils and the most likely to get rid of Labour.

Labours economic incompetence is enough but I have never had any sympathy for their social agenda. They say they help the poor but wreck the economy which gives them jobs and pays for welfare and they destroy social mobility with their policies. They have long since lost any moral credibility and are mainly run by atheists.

I am voting Tory. But if I were in the North of England constituency then I would vote UKIP as the party most likely to overthrow my local Labour MP. If I was in a Lib Dem seat I would vote Tory or UKIP depending on who had the better chance. In Scotland think I would vote SNP as the lesser of 2 evils and the most likely to get rid of Labour.

I'm commenting from across the pond so am simply an observer, but I see Britain as already embracing liberal values socially, so it is time to conserve these values. Maybe this is an oxymoron since conservatism is much about preservation of the values of society, but labor is so lost in political correctness that they now represent the antithesis of liberalism in their protecting the very least liberal elements of society.

Liberalism used to be all about social justice, especially in regards to protecting the weak and vulnerable from exploitation and abuse. Labor being so integral in enabling the systematic abuse of underage girls displays beyond any doubt that they couldn't care less about liberal principles -- only whoring for votes.

If I were to wish for anything as far as European politics are concerned would be for parties that can articulate actual liberal values and apply them to everybody equally and without consideration of their ethnicity. That's what liberalism is all about. The current state of this Pavlovian defense of anything as long as it is Islamic is the problem here. In taking such pains to avoid any charges that they are racist, people are enabling the very worst sorts of racist abuse imaginable.

I'm commenting from across the pond so am simply an observer, but I see Britain as already embracing liberal values socially, so it is time to conserve these values. Maybe this is an oxymoron since conservatism is much about preservation of the values of society, but labor is so lost in political correctness that they now represent the antithesis of liberalism in their protecting the very least liberal elements of society.

Liberalism used to be all about social justice, especially in regards to protecting the weak and vulnerable from exploitation and abuse. Labor being so integral in enabling the systematic abuse of underage girls displays beyond any doubt that they couldn't care less about liberal principles -- only whoring for votes.

If I were to wish for anything as far as European politics are concerned would be for parties that can articulate actual liberal values and apply them to everybody equally and without consideration of their ethnicity. That's what liberalism is all about. The current state of this Pavlovian defense of anything as long as it is Islamic is the problem here. In taking such pains to avoid any charges that they are racist, people are enabling the very worst sorts of racist abuse imaginable.

Social liberalism's intolerance for conservative Christians and protection of conservative Muslims is a cross party phenomena unfortunately and part of the vision of a deChristianised and multicultural society. It is weakening the glue that holds Britain together and I would suggest is one of the deep sources of the separatist movements sweeping Britain at the present time. Such a false and distrusted political elite is in effect spawning by reaction Scottish separatism, UKIPs movement to separate from Europe and the deep disconnect between the population and the political elite. Also in terms of real equality one can suggest that discrimination against Christians is hardly a worthy example of that. When Christian counsellors lose their jobs for refusing to counsel practising homosexuals about their sex life, or Christian nurse loses her job for wearing a cross to work or Christian child adoption agencies are forced to close down because they refuse to pass kids to homosexual couples where is freedom of religion or speech for that matter? When chief executives are dismissed cause they gave to Christian charities or senior hospital managers removed cause they cannot show active support for abortions occurring in the maternity wing of a hospital!!!!! then there is something deeply wrong with the culture. When practising Christians teaching Religious Education are disciplined for providing critical exercises/lessons on Islam but are affirmed in providing atheist or liberal critiques of biblical authority the education system has become the servant of liars peddling lies! The deep seated problems in Britain are not being challenged by anyone except conservative Christians and their voice is being ignored or marginalised.

David would have to give up his cushy job in America.

Not bloody likely.

I think UK people should keep the way things are. The current administration is pretty ballsy.

The rebalancing of the economy from public to private sectors is a positive change and the reinvigoration of a culture of enterprise and aspiration also. Labour had inflated the public sector and expectations about its services to unsustainable and unaffordable levels and they sleep walked into the 2008 economic crisis with a 4% deficit (before it began) and with the hubris to believe that they had abolished recessions. But the social agenda of this current administration regarding euthanasia and gay marriage, its complicity along with all the major parties in the MPs expenses scandal for instance has contributed to the rise of protest votes in Scotland and England against the political establishment and alienated a great many of the true blue against their own party. I want people to vote Tory with their fingers gripped around their noses because they too smell like pig excrement! So you can only imagine what Labour stinks of!

this is interesting, it show 31% of Liberal voter at the last election will vote Labour this time. That figure should grow as we get nearer to election day.
Follow

How LibDems of #GE2010 vote today 23% don't know/won't vote Those that will vote LAB 31% LD 23% CON 17% GRN 15%

The UKIP numbers in that list look unlikely to me given that they just won the Europeans , 2 by elections and almost displaced Labour in a byelection also.
what ukip numbers ?

Exactly UKIP is not even on the list yet somehow managed to win 2 by elections and the Europeans recently
The list was of Liberal Democrat voter at the last Election, I find it hard to believe a Liberal would vote for UKIP this time. Mid term elections and low turn outs helped UKIP, but like a fart in a lift UKIP will drift back to oblivion when the doors open in May.
Do you remember the "Gang of Four"?

Social liberalism's intolerance for conservative Christians and protection of conservative Muslims is a cross party phenomena unfortunately and part of the vision of a deChristianised and multicultural society. It is weakening the glue that holds Britain together and I would suggest is one of the deep sources of the separatist movements sweeping Britain at the present time. Such a false and distrusted political elite is in effect spawning by reaction Scottish separatism, UKIPs movement to separate from Europe and the deep disconnect between the population and the political elite. Also in terms of real equality one can suggest that discrimination against Christians is hardly a worthy example of that. When Christian counsellors lose their jobs for refusing to counsel practising homosexuals about their sex life, or Christian nurse loses her job for wearing a cross to work or Christian child adoption agencies are forced to close down because they refuse to pass kids to homosexual couples where is freedom of religion or speech for that matter? When chief executives are dismissed cause they gave to Christian charities or senior hospital managers removed cause they cannot show active support for abortions occurring in the maternity wing of a hospital!!!!! then there is something deeply wrong with the culture. When practising Christians teaching Religious Education are disciplined for providing critical exercises/lessons on Islam but are affirmed in providing atheist or liberal critiques of biblical authority the education system has become the servant of liars peddling lies! The deep seated problems in Britain are not being challenged by anyone except conservative Christians and their voice is being ignored or marginalised.
Drivel.

Drivel.

This is a list of concrete examples that you have just dismissed. Are you ignorant of this or supportive of the marginalisation process?

perhaps in the light of circumstances we should add freedom of speech and religious views to the list of campaign issues.

This thread is about the forthcoming election, it probably is patently obvious to you that the majority of the British voters are not interested in fundamentalist christian drivel, in fact very few of the have any form of interest in religion at all. So start a separate thread re the drivel and I would be happy to partake.

If British conservatives continue to screw around about not pulling out of The EU then defections to UKIP will create the potential for a narrow Liberal majority, hence put Red Ed Milliband in power and return to the brilliant days of nationalized industry, strikes and economic chaos.

This thread is about the forthcoming election, it probably is patently obvious to you that the majority of the British voters are not interested in fundamentalist christian drivel, in fact very few of the have any form of interest in religion at all. So start a separate thread re the drivel and I would be happy to partake.

Freedom of religion is an issue. These examples have nothing to do with fundamentalism - that is you forcing your own interpretative framework on the British scene. We have no church state separation here and 70% of voters say they are Christians. Various religious issues will strongly figure in this election albeit not for the majority of voters- such as Islamic based terrorism, freedom of faith for Christians and recent gay marriage legistlation which split the Tory party in 2 and caused the flight of a great many members to UKIP. This election will come down to a constituency by constituency fight in many cases where a few votes might swing it. People who hold a view are far more passionate on these issues than on things like the economy for instance and politicians ignore this at their peril.

If British conservatives continue to screw around about not pulling out of The EU then defections to UKIP will create the potential for a narrow Liberal majority, hence put Red Ed Milliband in power and return to the brilliant days of nationalized industry, strikes and economic chaos.

Not sure I agree cause there is still a majority of the country against Exit from the EU. The open minded Conservative approach is the best one for this election. UKIP are not really being honest about the costs and Labour are not really discussing this at all and the real reasons why people are angry about the EU

Follow

what ukip numbers ?

The list was of Liberal Democrat voter at the last Election, I find it hard to believe a Liberal would vote for UKIP this time. Mid term elections and low turn outs helped UKIP, but like a fart in a lift UKIP will drift back to oblivion when the doors open in May.
Do you remember the "Gang of Four"?

The Lib Dem vote swung to UKIP in Eastleigh in 2013 so why not. Personally i think this will be decided tactically in each constituency. If people had voted UKIP rather than Tory in Eastleigh the Lib Dem would not have won.

Eastleigh by-election Lib Dems hold on despite UKIP surge - BBC News

The very thought gives me a nightmare :)

Forum List

Back